PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us weekly specials?

cindylouhoo
07-14-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm trying to locate the link to sign up for weekly(?) emails to get TRU coupons or weekly specials. A co-worker was mentioning this the other day, and I'd like to sign up. TIA

newnana
07-14-2006, 08:57 AM
If you go to the website, there is a menu on the top right. One of the options is "email signup." I'm not signed up, but assume this is what you want. It gives you the option to sign up for TRU, BRU, and R Zone (video games). Here's a link to their website:

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956#

I'm trying to figure out on their website how to sign up for their snail mail mailing list.

HTH,
Michelle

cindylouhoo
07-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Thank you for that link. I signed up and also used this link to request being added to the USPS mailing list.

http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact

I just clicked on the "I have a question about a land-based store." It took me to the next page where I could put my name, address, and add a comment where I asked to be added to the mailing lists for both BRU & TRU.

ShanaMama
07-15-2006, 11:46 PM
I am trying to sign up for snail mail b/c I hate getting a flooded inbox with all these things. I keep trying what you suggested & getting error messages that it cannot connect to the destination.
Did you input all the info? (I dont want to give my phone #. I wonder if that's generating the error?

cindylouhoo
07-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I did include my phone number. I'm not sure if I chose Comments/Suggestions as my topic or Miscellaneous. BTW I have not received any email notification that my I've been added yet, so I hope it works!

mypa
07-16-2006, 04:52 PM
This is the message I recently received:

Thank you for your interest in the "R" Us Family! We customize our
mailings for specific groups of our guests. To help us determine which
pieces you should receive, please provide your home telephone number to our
cashiers each time you shop. Your information will be added to our
database. It takes 8-12 weeks to update your information, after which you
will receive the next mailing from the "R" Us family. Please note that
we have limited mailings, and it could take several months to receive
our next one. After you receive the first one, all future mailings will
depend upon your shopping patterns.

So, it looks like even if we give our phone number at the store we still won't know if we will receive the weekly ads or just those once in a while coupon books! I don't know why they don't just post it on their website!!

newnana
07-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks very much!