PDA

View Full Version : Savings on pet medications

Momof3Labs
07-17-2006, 09:03 AM
We have two dogs and a cat, all older. Two are on maintenance meds. One dog is on thyroid meds, two pills per day. Our vet was charging $66 for 120 pills. About $1 per day. It was doable, but I like to save money! In the Omaha Vaccine Co (www.omahavaccine.com) catalog, the same medication is $34 + shipping for 250 pills. So I brought the catalog into the vet's office, and asked them to give me a prescription so I could get the lower price at OVC. The woman went to talk to someone, and came back to tell us that they would price match OVC (the price including shipping)! So our last refill cost about $40 for 250 pills, so much better than $66 for 120 pills!

They just put our other dog on two different meds, so I'll have to check OVC's price for those, too, lol!

kdeunc
07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
You might want to check out KV Vet Supply and/or Absolutely Pets.com. I have a dog on medication that runs about $130 per month from them (12 oz). The vet charged me over $200 for an 8 oz container! Both of these companies have good prices and have been very reliable if you decide to mail order.