PDA

View Full Version : Free Sesame Street DVD for Military Families

Lucia
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
I just received a notice about this offer for military families. It focuses on deployments and helping young children prepare and cope. I haven't ordered it yet, but will soon because it looks like my husband will get deployed in the near future. So good to see Sesame Street making an effort to help kids and families deal with this hard reality of current military life. If anyone already has this video, please share feedback.

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/tlc/

Lucia
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
I just received a notice about this offer for military families. It focuses on deployments and helping young children prepare and cope. I haven't ordered it yet, but will soon because it looks like my husband will get deployed in the near future. So good to see Sesame Street making an effort to help kids and families deal with this hard reality of current military life. If anyone already has this video, please share feedback.

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/tlc/

kcimato
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
My daughter just ordered this video but she has not received it yet. I'll ask her what she thinks of it.

God speed to your husband. I know you have a pretty tough job too. I just got back from visiting my daughter and all those wives are pretty amazing!

Both my son and son in law are currently deployed in the sandbox for the second time and are scheduled to return some time this fall. Yipee. It's been a long year!

kcimato
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
My daughter just ordered this video but she has not received it yet. I'll ask her what she thinks of it.

God speed to your husband. I know you have a pretty tough job too. I just got back from visiting my daughter and all those wives are pretty amazing!

Both my son and son in law are currently deployed in the sandbox for the second time and are scheduled to return some time this fall. Yipee. It's been a long year!

lmwbasye
08-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Lucia,

Thank you soooooo much for letting us know about this. I'm hoping it will be helpful.

lmwbasye
08-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Lucia,

Thank you soooooo much for letting us know about this. I'm hoping it will be helpful.

mommysammi
08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks. I just ordered one online. My husband is in Baghdad right now. While our DS is still too young to understand, I'm sure the DVD will come in handy to us when he's old enough to ask why we move so much and why daddy can be away for such a long period of time.

mommysammi
08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks. I just ordered one online. My husband is in Baghdad right now. While our DS is still too young to understand, I'm sure the DVD will come in handy to us when he's old enough to ask why we move so much and why daddy can be away for such a long period of time.

funda62
08-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Thank you. My DH was in Iraq for a year but thankfully has been home for some time now. He is currently on the non-deployable list but I know that can't last forever.