PDA

View Full Version : Kidcraft Train Table and Train $124 at Costco

mommymy
08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Thought someone may be able to use this great deal that I saw today. Sorry if this is a repost.

mypa
08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I just got it this weekend and it was very easy to set up (no tools needed for the table!). The theme is Construction City/Spiral and the table/trundle is in honey color. Also picked up the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics (upper and lower case) and Tumbling Mat (46X72") by Alex. The mat is nice and cushy and is being used under a little slide we have inside. We also got the Plaskool Ball Popper which I am not thrilled about but my DH likes it, oh well.

kayla8
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Lucky you! They don't have the train table set in Southern CA. Just curious, which Costco did you get these toys?

Thanks,

K.

mypa
08-10-2006, 03:33 PM
It was in Southern CA!! Specifically Laguna Niguel. They just put it out in the beginning of August and thanks to this board I know the train tables sell out fast so I grabbed it, actually me and my DH as it is very heavy. I think I saw only about ten or less of the train table set.

DebbieJ
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the beginning of holiday shopping!

IT'S ONLY AUGUST 10TH!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

klass2
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I bought the train table from Costco two years ago. It's a great deal, IMO b/c it comes with everything, plus two trundles!

kayla8
08-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I should have rephrased it: "not available in San Diego". I called 3 stores neaby; none of them have it. They refused to check for me in other stores in SD county. Your info is very encouraging; I'll call more stores in the county. Not on-line for sure.

Thanks,

K.

jenjenfirenjen
08-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I saw this today and am debating getting it. Does it include the trains and tracks? I couldn't tell from the box.

mypa
08-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes, it includes the trains and tracks, basically everything pictured except for the little boy!

brittone2
08-10-2006, 10:14 PM
We have last year's Kidkraft Table and train set and have been very happy with it so far.

The trundles are handy, the parking garage/accessories aren't the greatest quality but have held up better than I expected (although DS is not all that rough on toys), the color is nice, etc. For the price, we have been very happy.

I think we bought ours last year in October. I don't remember them being out *this* early last year, although I know we didn't get ours when they first showed up in stores. I wonder if they'll stock more this year since they sold out so quickly last year?

Anyway, enjoy!!

jerzeygirl
08-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I do know that Costco has had these each Christmas for the last two years, at least. The first time i saw them (2004), DS was only 6 months old, so i looked at them and said "maybe that'll be our gift next year." By last season, DS was 18 months old, but i still didn't think he was quite old enough to appreciate it (especially for the amount of space a train table takes up.) But every time i went back throughout December, i still saw one or two there. As well as people wheeling out 3 boxes of them on the flat-bed carts, which i could never figure out! I never paid attention to how early in the season they started stocking them.

I don't want to tell anyone not to jump on this right now, but if history is any indicator, at least in my part of the country, they'll have them for a while. And i've heard great things about them. It's *really* going to be our gift to DS this Christmas!

brittone2
08-11-2006, 01:14 PM
I live in NC, and most of the Costcos in our area were sold out well before Christmas. I know at 2 of 3 stores within an hour's drive (+/-) that was the case. One still had a huge inventory of them in October.

I know several other people had them sell out in their area well in advance. I guess it just depends on your area.

mypa
08-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I can't believe in only two weeks the train table at Costco is SOLD OUT in my area-Laguna Niguel, S. CA!!!! I asked and they said they will NOT be getting any more in.

I think everyone in my area must be BBB members and know about the train table deal!!!:-)

kayla8
08-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I finally found one store in San Diego that has it and picked it up yesterday; there were like 8 of them. The other store 2 miles further kept telling me for 5 days that it is in transit.

In case anyone wonders what it looks like, here a link to ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KidKraft-Train-Table-2-Trundles-Train-Set-NIB_W0QQitemZ180018041421QQcmdZViewItem

I did the calculation combining the table, trundles & train set; it is ~ $190. So we save ~ %30. :9 As someone described earlier, it is a nice start, not quite preminium quality. Time will tell.

K.

jerzeygirl
08-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I was just at my costco today, and they had 19 of them!

AdiMom
08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
This is my first post here, I hope I get it right.

There were a ton of these at the Kirkland Washingston store.

Mamma2004
08-22-2006, 08:44 AM
I just wanted to say WELCOME!

Stephanie

kelly ann
08-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Keep checking with them Mary. A couple of years ago, every Costco in Chicagoland was out of the train table (that is what their computer said). However, 3 days later another mom on this board found a bunch at a store nearby - it seems that they got a large shipment in the area over the weekend. I honestly don't think the folks at your local Costco know what shipments the corporate office is routing their way over the next few months :)

jennifer2saint
08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
We have this and LOVE it!!! Our stores sold out fast last year, I was so glad we got it. My son was 17 months when we set it up for him, and he has played with it for hours everyday and it has held up so well.

Mom to William 7/7/04 and Julia 3/30/06

jerzeygirl
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Does anyone happen to know what the themes of the Costco train tables have been in previous years? Just curious.

AdiMom
08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks Stephanie. I'll do an intro mail soon. I've been lurking for a little while getting a feel for the boards. I've seen enough to join in:-)

jennifer2saint
08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I was at a friends house tonight, and they have the one from 4 years ago I believe- it had a really neat airport with airplanes and helicopters. Mine has a hospital/ parking garage, burger barn, and a car wash. Mine is from last year.

Mom to William 7/7/04 and Julia 3/30/06