PDA

View Full Version : Are Kirkland diapers -Huggies>?

lilye13
08-14-2006, 05:16 PM
DS has started to always leak with Pampers when he sleeps- we are at the tail end of total toliet training. This were our tried and true favorites so far. I know Costco has stopped carrying Pampers and have never tried their brand of diapers. I have just tried Huggies supreme and they aren't leaking so I guess we are making the switch but just wondered what the difference if any is with Huggies and Kirkland?
Thanks so much!

Lucky
08-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi! Even though I was a little apprehensive, I just bought a box of Kirkland size 3 diapers because I had a coupon. So far they've been great and DS hasn't leaked through overnight. I used to buy Pampers Cruisers but so far these have held up as well as the pampers. I think they are very similar to Huggies supreme diapers.

LogansMommy
08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes, my brother oversees the KC facility that makes them- they are an 'older generation' Huggie

happy2bamom
08-15-2006, 06:24 AM
My Costco carries the Kirkland wipes, but not the diapers. Anyone else have this problem?

klass2
08-15-2006, 08:39 AM
I use the Kirkland brand diapers. They are very similar to the Huggies Supreme Diapers, IMO.

My Costco carries both the wipes and the diapers...

Jennymarie
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
They're very similar to Huggies Supreme. We love them and use them regularly.

Kirklands have the same double gathers as Huggies Supreme and you'd be hard pressed to see the difference between the two in terms of shape and construction. They're almost as soft as Huggies Supreme, and definitely softer than regular Huggies. They don't leave the gel residue that you get from regular Huggies. I think the Kirklands have less powder/gel than any branded diapers I've tried. They get lumpy rather than squishy when wet, which suggests to me that they have more wood fiber than powder (hence, they're a bit less absorbent).

I don't use them out of the house and overnight, because my son drinks *a lot* when we're running around and will leak pretty easily even in expensive diapers if we don't get a chance to change him quickly. He leaks through *every diaper* at night except Huggies Overnights. I would say we use Kirkands about 70-80% of the time, unless we need something that's super absorbent.

All this is to say that these are awesome diapers. For the kid who drinks and pees an average amount, you'd probably never notice any shortcomings in a Kirkland diaper.

lilye13
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks
we'll be heading to costco tonite!