PDA

View Full Version : When is the Pottery Barn friends & family sale?

bee
08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Can someone PLEASE share a code when the PBK friends and family sale is. I have some things I want to buy but I need to wait so I can save some $.

Thanks

shancam
08-17-2006, 02:42 PM
i believe it is in the fall.
call your store and ask to be put on their list!

Corie
08-17-2006, 03:35 PM
usually around the 3rd week of October

I plan on calling at the end of September/beginning of October
to ask about a coupon for the Friends and Family sale.

shancam
08-18-2006, 08:18 AM
After i posted, I actually called the store b/c we have moved. The manager told me that they aren't even sure they are having the sale because it has gotten out of control. The coupons are only supposed to go to f&f. Ugh, I *NEED* this sale!!!

Nicsmom
08-18-2006, 09:28 AM
How much is the discount for? I have a 10% coupon I got because we moved and I want to use it, but if the F&f sale is more than 10% I will wait.

Corie
08-18-2006, 02:30 PM
The Friends and Family sale is 20% off.

WooChx
08-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Here is the link from last years PBK F&F post:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=11701&mesg_id=11701&listing_type=search

This is the fine print on the card:

"Youre invited to our exclusive Friends and Family Shopping Event. Stop by any of our stores from Oct 20th through 23rd for 20% discount off your purchase. Discount is valid on in-stock store merchandise only. Can be used on sale items, but may not be combined with other discounts or offers. Does NOT apply to catalog, internet, bed, trundle,mattress, Berkeley Changing table, Kendall Extra wide Changing table topper, dresser, armoire of custom ordered nursery seating purchases. Not valid at PB furniture outlet"

If anyone knows what the restrictions are for the 10% moving discount I would like to know! Thanks!

Nicsmom
08-21-2006, 09:08 AM
restrictions to the 10% moving discount:

Offer good for 90 days from printed date. This coupon is good for one time only. Coupon must be surrendered at time of purchase in retail store. Not valid for online purchases or a the outlets. Not to be combined with any other offer. Not valid on prior purchases, gift cards or gift certificates. Good on merchandise only. Void if transferred or resold.

WooChx
08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Hmmm.. interesting - both coupons say not good for online purchases. I'm trying to determine if either of these can be used for the Retro Kitchen set. I believe it's only sold online, however all of the online items can be ordered over the phone. So where does that leave us?

Nicsmom
08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
You can buy from the catalog. Just not online.

ECMom
08-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I was at PBK yesterday & asked the manager what the criteria was for being a "Friend". He said he did not know & that the sale was handled by corporate. The store does not supply customer names.

Anyone heard anything else?

Nicsmom
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
I asked them the same thing and an associate told me that they were given the coupons and they delivered them to THEIR family and friends. Makes me wonder...

BargainMomforLuke
08-22-2006, 09:16 AM
One of my friends works at PB and last year she e-mailed the coupon to me and I was able to use it. If I get the coupon e-mailed to me this year, I will post it on the board.

Natalie

smiley525
08-23-2006, 09:05 AM
That would be wonderful thanks!!

JMS
08-23-2006, 07:07 PM
That would be extemely, extremely wonderful!

ellas_mom
08-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I've seen the pink Retro Kitchen set for sale at the Manhattan Beach, CA PBK store. I think it's just the red Retro Kitchen set that is catalog/internet exclusive. Hope this helps! :)

Nicsmom
08-24-2006, 09:26 AM
That would be great. Thanks!

nd93
08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
One way to get 10% off is to create a registry. After the date of your event has passed, they will email you a coupon for 10% off anything still on the registry, for store or internet purchase.

SJ mom
08-24-2006, 11:51 PM
The same goes for Bed bath and beyond...whatever is on your registry after the vent is yours for 10% off...in addition you could use a 20% off coupon

momofjandl
08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
I could be wrong but I think I was at story time last year and they were passing them out afterwards. This was in Natick, MA. I don't think I ever ended up using it!

However, I just got their new catalog and some of those new toys are adorable. They also have this great felt wall map. I thought it would be great for our boys rooms. But not at $199...not even at 20% off that!!

I sew, so perhaps in all my free time (LOL) I'll make one.

Anyways, I'd love to hear when the code comes out too. I was planning a xmas gift trip there.

Thanks,
Ruth

WooChx
09-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I was just at the Natick store yesterday asking about the F&F Sale - of course no one was giving up any information. I did read somewhere that if you get a P/T job with the store or a sister store (William Sonoma, PB, etc.) you get a 40% discount! I'm trying to purchase the Pink Retro Kitchen and I'm seriously considering doing this for a few weeks --- is that wrong?

Pennylane
09-07-2006, 05:20 PM
No, it's not wrong! Just funny!

I would make sure though that you get the 40% discount right away . I worked in retail for a few years and new employees had a 90 trial period where they only received a 10% discount.

Ann

momofjandl
09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I don't think it's wrong at all. Do you know how marked up all of these crazy items we buy are? Every time I buy something (big)..just bought a lot of all clad at the williams sonoma outlet..I think...what if I worked here????

When we bought a ton of house furniture..I was thinking of getting a job at Jordans. LOL!

Do you get an employee discount right away or is there a wait period? There must be some catch or I would think more people would do it.

Good luck!
Ruth

jvs195
09-08-2006, 11:17 AM
They all have different policies. Some are lenient others more restrictive. The catch is you have to work retail! (one of the worst jobs I ever had)

chlobo
09-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm sure there is a min. amount of time you need to work there for the discount to kick in. Also, I seem to recall that you had to actually work at the store to get the discount earlier - for example if you wanted something from PB Kids you had to work there, rather than Wm. Sonoma in order to get the discount in x period of time (ie seasonal workers). However, regular employees got the discount everywhere.

Definitely make sure you ask about that before you sign up.

momofjandl
09-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I haven't done much retail in a long while. I can only imagine how some of those people might be. I think here on the boards we are pretty sheltered b/c we have such a great group of people. :)

Ruth

brianaw
09-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I worked at Pottery Barn during the holidays, everyone that gets a job there does it just for the discount. You get to use the discount right away. The problem.... you can only use the discount (if your temp help) for YOUR store only. Thankfully the one I worked at is huge (two stories) with lots of furniture in stock. But, if you go to a small store it's not really worth it. If you get hired on as full time help you can use it at any store and catalog and you can also use it at affliates like PBK, WS, WE, etc. Hope that helps!

boys2enough
09-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Not PB. But I have seen a want ad by Nordstrom for holiday part-time workers in which they actually mentioned the ability to get employee discount as a perk in order to recruit people.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
09-17-2006, 12:28 PM
A couple of years back, I worked at Williams-Sonoma during the holidays. I started before the holiday rush to sign people up (started in September). As a result, I was able to use my 40% off immediately, in all sister stores. Those people hired specifically for the holiday season had to wait, and there were other restrictions.

HTH

WooChx
09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
bump. Any news of the sale a/o 9-26-06?

KrystalS
09-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Wondering here too. I know last year some of the PBKs handed out coupons at their storytimes. Anyone know when this normally happens? We occasionally go to storytime, but not on a regular basis. For a coupon we will definitely go every week, lol!

AmyZ
09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I was at PBK this evening and I asked about the sale. The salesperson said that she didn't know anything yet, and said she would call me if/when she heard something. She took my name and number -- I can't imagine she will actually call, but you never know. Of course I feel in love with a quilt while I was there (*sigh*) so I really hope they have a sale this year!!!

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]