PDA

View Full Version : Kettler trike - any deals online?

anamika
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi all,
I'm hoping to get a Kettler trike for DD this week and I was wondering what might the best place to buy? Anyone know of any deals, sales, coupons etc?
TIA,

txmomtobe
08-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I bought my son's Kettler at www.greatbeginningsonline.com. I used the coupon code: gbbaby to get 15% off. They also offer free shipping but I think it may be for over $100...I'm not sure. In fact, I just ordered a stroller from them and used the same coupon. Both were shipped right away.

anamika
08-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the code. Do you mind telling me which model you got and if you like it?
Thanks again,

momofjandl
08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi, I just wanted to give my 2 cents on this. We got a Kettler 2 years ago now, on Craigslist in mint condition. It's the air happy without a dump bucket but came with a bell and we got the basket. I was going to buy one new but cked craigslist just in case. Not sure if you prefer new or not..but for me it was totally worth it. I'm in MA so it came from a well to do family in Brookline who used it mostly indoors. I think I paid them $60? They were happy to recoup some money and I was happy to save some.

That being said, I was glad I didn't buy it new. My oldest is only 3.5..big for his age..and has been too big for the trike all summer. My youngest is 2 and seems about the right size. So keep you daughters size in mind...especially if you can only use it seasonally.

Hope that helps!
Ruth

txmomtobe
08-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I bought the Air Navigator...I believe that's the name. I think it is a wonderful tricyle. The quality is excellent. With that said I do have to agree that you should only spend the money if your children will be able to use it. Also, if I could do it again I would get the one that has the air tires but not the back steering. I could have done with out the back steering...I dont' remember the proper terminology for that option.

anamika
08-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the input. This will be the big gift for DD's 2nd b'day so I want to buy firsthand. Normally I buy most things off swap, CL or ebay so this is the splurge :)
I just need to decide the model. Can't decide if the air tires are neccessary for sidewalks in Boston.
Thanks again,

Tondi G
08-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Just wanted to chime in here and say that we got a Jumbo without the Air Tires for our 1st DS. I bought it from Traveling Tikes and the owner there had a good point about the Air Tires. He said unless he was going over gravel that the regular tires/wheels should be fine and to keep in mind that with Air tires you run the risk of getting a flat! Invision your child is all gung ho ready to ride their trike and you pull it out and discover you have a flat tire and have to them take the trike to the gas station to fill it up or pull out the bike pump and pump it up before you can get on to having fun riding their trike!

Sold me on the non air tires/wheels and we have been SOOO happy with our Jumbo! Now DS #2 is riding it and he loves it just as much as his big brother! I think we're going to buy a bell for it cause he loves the bell on his big brothers 2 wheeler!

Good luck, HTH's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05