PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about Ebates

ljackson
09-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Having first heard about Ebates here, I had a look at the site and it seems that I can get back a percentage of what I spend on any sites that I get to through it. That sounds like free money and seems too good to be true. Have I missed something? Does Fat Wallet work in the same way?

TIA
Lindsay

missym
09-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I've gotten cash back from both Ebates and Fat Wallet, and there isn't really a catch. You do have to click through the links in order for your purchase to qualify, and you have to reach a certain balance in order to request a check. Both sites are great sources for discounts and coupon codes. They earn their $$ through referral fees (which lots of sites do) and pass a portion of that on to you as "cash back."

Actually, I just received a FW check for $19 in the mail yesterday. Since I always check there for discount codes before making an online purchase anyway, it's no problem to click through to earn my cash back.

HTH!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

** Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
[email protected] **

heather_c
09-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I agree with the above. I just use ebates, and have gotten 2 checks. My next quarterly payment will be $50+. I went through ebates to Dell to purchase our new laptop. :)

When you sign up, they automatically put $5 in your account and $5 into the account of the person who referred you.

Heather

Matthew - 9/7/05

http://b2.lilypie.com/Kz2Ym6.png

ljackson
09-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info - the sites sound great and I'll definitely use them. I can't believe how much money I've saved just by using codes etc that I've found on this board :)

Lindsay

mominjune
09-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Just wanted to add in:

I agree with everything everyone said, there really isn't a catch. The only things I've ever experienced that were a little frustrating is sometimes if the computer has a firewall software on it, or uses a different program other than Internet Explorer, the ebates or Fatwallet software may not recognize it. Or sometimes the store "forgets" to contact ebates, and you have to email ebates to look into it, and you wonder, is it worth my time emailing for "$0.65 or $1.25"? or whatever the amount it is. But on the whole, I've gotten at least $50 back from ebates over the years, and it's quite easy to use. :)

Welcome to Baby Bargains Board, be prepared to save lots of money while spending money. :) It's fun!

Jen
DD 6-04

boys2enough
09-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi,

Another satisfied customer of eBates here. I have my eBates account linked to my PayPal so the rebate goes directly into my payPal account. I have been doing this over a year now and have never had any problem. (knock on wood!)

Some people check both eBates and Fatwallet since they do have some different stores, and some stores give more % back on one site than the other.

Welcome to BBB in general and the Bargains board. You will learn a new word here: SPAVE.

Spend to Save.

LOL.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif