PDA

View Full Version : I am boiling mad at BRU

eska
09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I went to BRU to get formula (on sale for 20.99 right now). I have four checks expiring at the end of the month and four $4.50 catalina manufacturer coupons that I got at Shaw's. BRU would not accept the coupons. They threw them at me, saying "you can only use them at Shaw's." I told them that they are manufacturer coupons, therefore can be used anywhere, and that I have used them at Target and other stores, and they said that they know, but they don't accept them.
My husband and I figured out that we only need another 6 or so cans until our son turns 1, I was so excited I'd at least be able to save money in the end.
This was at the Framingham, MA store. Does anyone know of another Boston area BRU store that accepts these coupons?
Counting the days until whole milk,
Esther

chlobo
09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Can you price match BRU at Target?

nehamamtani
09-27-2006, 06:35 AM
WalMart matches prices(and KMart used to) . Can you try that? HTH

eska
09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. I went to Target and Walmart at lunch today and unfortunately:

- Target doesn't price match
- Walmart does price match, but does not accept those catalina coupons

I am just bummed.

AddiesMom
09-28-2006, 04:58 AM
I just checked Stop and Shop who takes other coupons, no formula on sale this week. Shaws still hasn't released the 9/29 circular on-line yet. Maybe it will be on sale there.....

Do you have a BJ's membership? I find they take most coupons, especially if you use the self-checkout line (never tried a catalina).

eska
09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a Costco membership but they don't carry Prosobee :( I guess I will end up using the catalina coupons at Shaws afterall, since at $24.49, with the coupon, it will come out to be less than at BRU, and I'll get some $ back in my upromise account.

81 days until whole milk!