PDA

View Full Version : Online dealer for britax + stroller - ISO good dealer

TwinsItIs
09-29-2006, 03:23 AM
I want to buy a stroller and Britax Marathon. Does anyone know of a good dealer that would work with me on giving me a good deal? It's no small money and I'd love to know that I'm getting the best deal possible.

I remember seeing an online retailer mentioned often on this site.

Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks

MissyAg94
09-29-2006, 08:42 AM
We bought our Britax carseat and our stroller at arunningstroller.com. Marilyn is great to work with and a very nice person. Shipping is included in her prices (if I recall correctly, as we bought our stuff at her b&m store.) She has a good variety of good strollers and can get what you want even if it isn't in stock.

LogansMommy
09-29-2006, 09:52 AM
I was also going to suggest Marilyn as well, as she is one retailer I know that will work with you esp if you are purchaing multiple items :)

ShanaMama
09-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I am not for or against Marilyn, & not trying to stir up controversy, however I think you should be aware that just as many ppl on this board love her as hate her. I personally chose not to order from someone who has such a tremendous range of reactions among her customers. You may have a wonderful experience, & I hope you do, but there are plenty of BBBers that had difficult experiences. If you want more info on this you can do a search & you'll find plenty of threads loving her, & plenty hating her. (I'll be happy to give you some links if you need, I didn't want to post them here yet because you really didn't ask for this info).

One retailer I recommend is Albee baby, www.specialtybaby.com
I don't think you'll be able to negotiate with them, but their prices are really pretty good to begin with, & there's free shipping on orders over $100. I ordered a Britax Decathlon from them when it was on sale, & a Peg Perego Pliko Lite. Each came 2-3 days after I placed the order, & I've been very happy with them.
I never tried returning something, & never had a reason to complain, so I don't honestly know how their customer service is when a problem does arise.
You can also try searching or posting on the Cyberbaby forum on this board to see ppl's experiences with any online retailer.
Good luck & hope I didn't confuse you with TMI!!

MissyAg94
09-29-2006, 12:48 PM
I remember reading some mixed reviews on Marilyn but we did have a great experience. I only know her from doing business with her but I will say that when we have been to her store, the phone rang non-stop. She is swamped. So I hope that any problems that people have with her are b/c of that. I suspect she will scale back on the products she carries someday b/c of the workload. I do feel from meeting her that she is an honest person. But I understand your hesitation to buy from someone that you felt uncomfortable with. I am curious if the people who have had problems feel that the issues were resoved fairly.

I have also read mixed reviews about albeebaby so maybe it is just the nature of doing business. Some people like you, some don't. It's hard when you can't go to a B&M store like people did in the "old days." :-)

mamatomax
09-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I PM'd you.

Jillie
One Lucky Mama

http://lilypie.com/pic/060628/Ic1s.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/uCAGm4.png
http://www.geocities.com/kellysb/images/medals/awardbar2-gold.jpg weaned at 14 1/2 months old

ShayleighCarsensMom
09-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Have you ever bought from Marilyn?
If not then I think it is extremely unfair of you to give an opinion that is from a third party..
I have bought many many things from Marilyn, one being a mountain buggy that was HORRID, and MB would not back there product. Marilyn fought for me, and I had a new MB at my door within 48 hours (and I am in CA and she is in FL!)
I would never hesitate to shop with her!

jd11365
10-01-2006, 07:34 AM
I totally agree. I've bought both a carseat and a stroller from her, and she is a doll to work with. I'd rather give my money to a small retailer than a chain store any day! Definitely buy from arunningstroller.com, you won't be disappointed!

TwinsItIs
10-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks to all of you. I ended up getting the Decathlon from Bestbuybaby for 219 shipped! Great deal!