PDA

View Full Version : An idea regarding PBK Friends and Family....

jenny.d
10-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Would any of those who are lucky enough to get a coupon be willing to pass it along after you've used it? I had one last year and bought some things the first day but did not have to give the coupon up. I was allowed to shop anytime during the four days. Unless they've changed things and you can only use it once, maybe those who have them could shop early and pass them along to someone who lives close or would get them in time by mail. Just a thought. What do you guys think? If anyone is willing and lives in NJ or Philly area, I'd love to share the wealth!

Jen

(email address removed by a moderator)

jenny.d
10-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Bump.

Nicsmom
10-08-2006, 09:24 AM
I just won one at EBay. Paid $15, so it is worth it if you are spendind more than $100 (which is not a lot at PBK).

BaileyBea
10-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Good for you for getting one but OMG!!!! They are selling them on EBay!

Somebody please tell me they are not the only ones diappointed in people who sell these cards instead of just giving them away. People are profiting in something they get for Free. They better hope they aren't employees or family of an employee. If they get caught they will be fired. What is going to happen is that these B&M companies will no longer offer Friends and Family coupons because of some of these people.

I landed one of these coupon last year and I sent an email offering it to every Mom I knew after I was done w/it.

Okay I am done w/my rant.....

ADK
10-10-2006, 12:03 AM
I work for PBK. Do you?
When stores create a marketing campaign that includes coupon redemption, they sincerely hope that people will covet the coupons.
Even if there were an influx of a million extra PBK F&F coupons on the secondary market, it's not as if Pottery Barn (or WSI) would protest. After all, even with the 20 percent savings, rest assured that the company is still clearing a profit. Plus they are getting to sell merchandise that has already been shipped to the store. That's one reason by the way why the coupons are not for online use.

Jason

>Somebody please tell me they are not the only ones diappointed
>in people who sell these cards instead of just giving them
>away. People are profiting in something they get for Free.
>They better hope they aren't employees or family of an
>employee. If they get caught they will be fired. What is
>going to happen is that these B&M companies will no longer
>offer Friends and Family coupons because of some of these
>people.

BaileyBea
10-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi Jason,

No I don't work for PBK but I did for William-Sonoma. I know how hard people that work at these stores work. WS in the employee contract outline employee abuse of discount and that's why I was hoping it wasn't an employee selling these.

Yeah... I know they make a killing in sales. I figured that out quickly when they offered employees 40% off. And let me tell you when I worked there I used this discount very well. :-)

Honestly I just wish a couple of times per year they would give out the F&F coupons and be generous w/them so some consumers can enjoy getting some items on sale that never go on sale.