PDA

View Full Version : Need a good deal on Fisher Price Digital Camera in 'blue'.

shesse
10-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi!
Does anyone know of any deals on the Fisher Price digital camera in blue? I want to get this for my DS for Christmas. Thanks!
Shannon

Pennylane
10-06-2006, 12:19 PM
The best price I have seen so far is $59.98 and that was at Walmart and Target. Amazon also offers it for that price with free shipping. I just bought the pink one but am not sure if I am going to keep it. I have read some really bad reviews on it.

Ann

emschwar
10-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Where have you read the reviews? Any links? I'm curious, because we've got it on our DS's holiday list. I think he'd just love having his own camera.

emschwar
10-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh, and amazon has it for 59.88 with free shipping

mnosky1
10-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I read a TON of kids camera reviews - the FP one had by far the best reviews with the only complaints being that it cost $70 for less than 1 mp. I am buying it for 3 y/o DD and I figured durability and ease of use were the most important so I sucked it up and paid it. If she were a few years older I probably would have gone for an entry level "real" digital camera. It's for Christmas so we'll see...
Michelle

hellokitty
10-07-2006, 08:14 PM
I bet that as it gets closer to christmas, there may be better prices for this in store ads. I'd love to get one for my toddler as well, but I'm willing to wait for a lower price to come around, even if that means it's after christmas.

Pennylane
10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
I shouldn't have said I've read lots of bad reviews...I actually have read lots of good things about the camera but seem to read the same complaint over and over, that the picture quality is not very good. But what can you really expect from a 60.00 camera.

I know my DD is going to love it, so I'm keeping it unless something better comes out before Christmas.

Ann

shesse
10-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks! I went onto Amazon and read the reviews there. It does seem that the pictures are rather dark. I think I will wait a little while and see if I can snag one on sale somewhere before Christmas. My son is going to LOVE it and I won't have to worry about mine being dropped anymore. :9

wdland45
10-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Just picked this up at Target for my DS1's birthday. The color is silver body with red grips (instead of blue/white body with blue grips). Hope that makes sense. Anyway, the pink and the blue cameras don't come with any memory card. I found the Target exlusive in only one of my three local stores. Price was $59.99, but it might make it worth it with the addition of the card.

HTH

Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

ETA Picture ...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35937.jpg

holliam
10-13-2006, 11:54 AM
We considered this camera briefly, but honestly we started letting DD use our small digital (Canon point-n-shoot, not our digital SLR) a couple months ago, and she's really good with it. She only uses it when we are with her, and she knows how to press the button to take a picture, and she is slowly learning how to actually point it at something she wants a picture of. We have quite a few finger shots, but oh well. ;)

Anyway, just wanted to share this!

(oh, she is 25 mo)

Holli