PDA

View Full Version : Play Wonder Playhouse - Clearance at Target $24.98 - Reg. $70

willow33
10-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I just got back from Target and found this adorable playhouse on clearance. It is really cute and seems to be nice quality. It retails for $70!! My boys are going to be so excited in the morning :)

http://tinyurl.com/mha59

I also saw more Ryan's Room toys on clearance - Fire Truck, Helping Heroes and Clubhouse.

just_teachin
10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
So adorable!!! I may have to make a Target run... our nearest one is about 30 minutes away! (And most days that's a good thing... at least for my wallet!) ;)

GrammyK
10-09-2006, 10:53 PM
It is darling. Can you tell how hard it would be to dismantle after it's set up? I bought one as 2yo DGD will be visiting in a few days for a couple of weeks. I don't want to set it up, though, if it can't be taken apart and then set up at her home. So far I've left it in the box and haven't shown it to DH.

Thanks, Karen R.

willow33
10-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi Karen :) It took my dh about 15 minutes to put it together. Of course he decided to put it together in our living room and then it wouldn't fit through the doorway to our playroom...I had to laugh!

I think if your grandkids are coming for a few weeks then it is worth putting together. It is really cute. The curtains tie back, there is a mail slot on the front and it even has a dormered window on the top. My very tall 3 year old can stand up with room to spare.

HTH!!

GrammyK
10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks - now I can't wait to have it set up. And thanks for the warning about assembling it where we'll use it! Karen R.

DrSally
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
That is so cute. Was it on an endcap in the toy section? My target never seems to have good toys on clearance, although I may be looking in the wrong places?

GrammyK
10-11-2006, 11:40 AM
The one I found was on the lowest shelf next to the area with the cloth princess items (stuffed chair, costume). I think it was across from the wood kitchen. There was also a larger princess castle that was more expensive, don't know if was on sale. The doll house wasn't set up, just in a white box so you could miss it if the side with the picture isn't showing. Very approximate size of the box is 1 yard x 8" x 8". Karen R.

DrSally
10-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks, since I have a boy, I never go down that isle. I'll check for it!

willow33
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I found mine in the same spot at my Target. The princess one was not on sale...I did check.

suziebee20
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I just got one of these at our store for $12.48! The regular price on the sticker was $49.99. We don't have anywhere to put it, but it was such a bargain I had to get it. Oh well, she's only 11 months... maybe by the time she's 2 or 3 we'll have more space.

suziebee20
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I just got one of these at our store for $12.48! The regular price on the sticker was $49.99. We don't have anywhere to put it, but it was such a bargain I had to get it. Oh well, she's only 11 months... maybe by the time she's 2 or 3 we'll have more space.

chlobo
10-20-2006, 09:02 AM
What state are you in? I tried to get one yesterday but it was still $24.98. I hate my target.

chlobo
10-20-2006, 09:02 AM
What state are you in? I tried to get one yesterday but it was still $24.98. I hate my target.

mominjune
10-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I just got one in the Seattle eastside area for $12.xx. I got lucky though, there were 3 left and I saw a lady who worked there pushing them around in a cart so I asked her about them. She was just getting around to marking them down.

Jen
DD 6-04

mominjune
10-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I just got one in the Seattle eastside area for $12.xx. I got lucky though, there were 3 left and I saw a lady who worked there pushing them around in a cart so I asked her about them. She was just getting around to marking them down.

Jen
DD 6-04

mariza
10-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I saw these a few days ago in my store for $34.98 and decided I didn't want to spend the money because I have no room for it. I was back today and they were marked down to $12.48, so I got 2! They are hiding in my car so DH can't see them }( I'm giving one to my friends girls for Christmas.
This was the Target in Revere, MA if anyone is local. There were 2 left on the shelf.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

mariza
10-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I saw these a few days ago in my store for $34.98 and decided I didn't want to spend the money because I have no room for it. I was back today and they were marked down to $12.48, so I got 2! They are hiding in my car so DH can't see them }( I'm giving one to my friends girls for Christmas.
This was the Target in Revere, MA if anyone is local. There were 2 left on the shelf.

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

just_teachin
10-20-2006, 11:58 PM
It was on the endcap in the Target I found them in. I got the last two - at $12.48 per. I had to call 5 different Targets before finding one that had one... and ended up driving nearly 90 minutes to get there. (We made other stops, too, lest you think I'm crazy!)

Have any of you put yours together yet? Not all the white metal pieces of the frame fit exactly like they should on mine. It works okay, but it makes the already tight fabric covering even less forgiving. (Is anyone going to brave washing the cover? Mine is so tight I'm afraid to... but am sure at some point it'll require a washing more than just a superficial spot cleaning...)

Has anyone taken pics yet? I'm thinking I'll toss it in the basement where DD doesn't go and then bring it up on the night before her birthday next month. :)

Definitely worth $12! But also definitely not worth $70 or the $50 they were labeled at original price in the stores. Thanks to the OP for the initial heads up. My daughter will be thrilled! :)

Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress

just_teachin
10-20-2006, 11:58 PM
It was on the endcap in the Target I found them in. I got the last two - at $12.48 per. I had to call 5 different Targets before finding one that had one... and ended up driving nearly 90 minutes to get there. (We made other stops, too, lest you think I'm crazy!)

Have any of you put yours together yet? Not all the white metal pieces of the frame fit exactly like they should on mine. It works okay, but it makes the already tight fabric covering even less forgiving. (Is anyone going to brave washing the cover? Mine is so tight I'm afraid to... but am sure at some point it'll require a washing more than just a superficial spot cleaning...)

Has anyone taken pics yet? I'm thinking I'll toss it in the basement where DD doesn't go and then bring it up on the night before her birthday next month. :)

Definitely worth $12! But also definitely not worth $70 or the $50 they were labeled at original price in the stores. Thanks to the OP for the initial heads up. My daughter will be thrilled! :)

Heather

crayonblue
10-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I sure wish I could find one; I am going to look today. BUT, since in 3 years on this board I have NEVER found one of the Target deals, I don't have high hopes. :P

crayonblue
10-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I sure wish I could find one; I am going to look today. BUT, since in 3 years on this board I have NEVER found one of the Target deals, I don't have high hopes. :P

lhk777
10-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I've been eyeing this every week since I didn't want to spend the $24.98. I was hoping they would mark it down soon.
I went to my target and they had 3 of them left and I bought one.
Great deal for ~$13!!

I had DH put ours together last night - some of the pieces were a bit difficult to fit together but he managed to get it done. The actual fabric covering is a bit tight. I'm having a difficult time trying to velcro the strips around the bottom bar.

The fabric is also a bit wrinkled so I'm hoping that it will start straightening out and that will make the sides a bit longer.
I would be afraid to wash it since it is such a tight fit.

I've also noticed that it has a smell to it from the fabric.
I'm hoping it will fade soon.

Overall, the playhouse is pretty cute and my 3 year old DD can stand up in it with room to spare. It has ties to hold open the curtains which are on the sides as well as on the entrance.

Welll worth the $13 dollars.

EDIT: I forgot to add - I found mine in the aisle with the kitchen and Ryan's room's toys. It was on the bottom shelf in a long narrow box. It could be easy to miss if the picture side wasn't facing up.

-Linda

lhk777
10-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I've been eyeing this every week since I didn't want to spend the $24.98. I was hoping they would mark it down soon.
I went to my target and they had 3 of them left and I bought one.
Great deal for ~$13!!

I had DH put ours together last night - some of the pieces were a bit difficult to fit together but he managed to get it done. The actual fabric covering is a bit tight. I'm having a difficult time trying to velcro the strips around the bottom bar.

The fabric is also a bit wrinkled so I'm hoping that it will start straightening out and that will make the sides a bit longer.
I would be afraid to wash it since it is such a tight fit.

I've also noticed that it has a smell to it from the fabric.
I'm hoping it will fade soon.

Overall, the playhouse is pretty cute and my 3 year old DD can stand up in it with room to spare. It has ties to hold open the curtains which are on the sides as well as on the entrance.

Welll worth the $13 dollars.

EDIT: I forgot to add - I found mine in the aisle with the kitchen and Ryan's room's toys. It was on the bottom shelf in a long narrow box. It could be easy to miss if the picture side wasn't facing up.

-Linda

Corie
10-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Okay, from now on, you must remember that I live up here!!

We definitely need to swap cell-phone numbers!! :)

By the way, how far is Revere, MA from Rhode Island? I'm
going to end up driving all over the east coast trying to
find Target stores!!

Corie
10-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Okay, from now on, you must remember that I live up here!!

We definitely need to swap cell-phone numbers!! :)

By the way, how far is Revere, MA from Rhode Island? I'm
going to end up driving all over the east coast trying to
find Target stores!!

mariza
10-21-2006, 05:50 PM
I PM'd you a couple of days ago with my email address (great shopping minds think alike :) ) Did you get it?
Revere is about an hour from RI, the Target I was reffering to is actually right down the highway from Logan AIrport, about 2 miles.
We are actually looking at moving to the South Shore so will hopefully only be about 30 minutes or so from Providence.
I'll map out the Targets for you!

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

mariza
10-21-2006, 05:50 PM
I PM'd you a couple of days ago with my email address (great shopping minds think alike :) ) Did you get it?
Revere is about an hour from RI, the Target I was reffering to is actually right down the highway from Logan AIrport, about 2 miles.
We are actually looking at moving to the South Shore so will hopefully only be about 30 minutes or so from Providence.
I'll map out the Targets for you!

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

AmyZ
10-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I also sent you an email a couple days ago...maybe it went to an old email address??

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

AmyZ
10-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I also sent you an email a couple days ago...maybe it went to an old email address??

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

calv
10-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Just wanted to give you a heads up :)

calv
10-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Just wanted to give you a heads up :)

Corie
10-22-2006, 11:53 AM
It must have gone to my old email address. I just changed
my user profile to my new email address.

So, definitely email me! I should get it now!!

Corie
10-22-2006, 11:53 AM
It must have gone to my old email address. I just changed
my user profile to my new email address.

So, definitely email me! I should get it now!!

GrammyK
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd bought a playhouse for $25 a few weeks ago before 2yo DGD came to visit. It was easy for my DD to put together. The very last pieces for the peaked roof didn't fit together perfectly but it didn't matter with the cloth cover on. One of the bars on a window was torn and I didn't bother to stitch it up.

Kayla liked it but only wanted to use it when one of us was playing with her. We think she'll use it more as she's older and decided to leave it here for now. Before they left, DD took it down and that was also easy.

DD called today and said they were on clearance for $25 in a Target near her in Ft. Lauderdale. I told her to scan and they were really the $12+. She bought one for Kayla and another to give a playmate.

I've tried to attach photos with and without the cover.

Karen R.

GrammyK
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd bought a playhouse for $25 a few weeks ago before 2yo DGD came to visit. It was easy for my DD to put together. The very last pieces for the peaked roof didn't fit together perfectly but it didn't matter with the cloth cover on. One of the bars on a window was torn and I didn't bother to stitch it up.

Kayla liked it but only wanted to use it when one of us was playing with her. We think she'll use it more as she's older and decided to leave it here for now. Before they left, DD took it down and that was also easy.

DD called today and said they were on clearance for $25 in a Target near her in Ft. Lauderdale. I told her to scan and they were really the $12+. She bought one for Kayla and another to give a playmate.

I've tried to attach photos with and without the cover.

Karen R.

greatcanuk
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi,

Could anyone who has the Play Wonder Playhouse, help me? I was jumping up and down with victory when I found this (I rarely snag Target clearance deals), dragged it home with my toddler and her stroller, via subway then bus, only to find that the one I got has no instructions.

I called up the Target 800 number and was transferred several times, but they ended up not being able to help me (the manufacturer is overseas and they don't have the info, while the target.com people said they couldn't help me since I got it in-store, and of course, it isn't in the stores anymore).

Could someone post the instructions, or email me, or photocopy and mail them to me? I will reimburse postage costs, etc. via paypal or we can figure something out.

Thanks so much!!

greatcanuk
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi,

Could anyone who has the Play Wonder Playhouse, help me? I was jumping up and down with victory when I found this (I rarely snag Target clearance deals), dragged it home with my toddler and her stroller, via subway then bus, only to find that the one I got has no instructions.

I called up the Target 800 number and was transferred several times, but they ended up not being able to help me (the manufacturer is overseas and they don't have the info, while the target.com people said they couldn't help me since I got it in-store, and of course, it isn't in the stores anymore).

Could someone post the instructions, or email me, or photocopy and mail them to me? I will reimburse postage costs, etc. via paypal or we can figure something out.

Thanks so much!!

trumansmom
10-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I was so excited to see one on the shelf today. I couldn't find a price tag on it, so I hauled it halfway across the store to scan it. The stupid thing was still $79.99. :(

This is the third time I've seen a major deal on these boards and then had the item still be full price at my store. *sigh* I'm so jealous of the rest of you!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

trumansmom
10-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I was so excited to see one on the shelf today. I couldn't find a price tag on it, so I hauled it halfway across the store to scan it. The stupid thing was still $79.99. :(

This is the third time I've seen a major deal on these boards and then had the item still be full price at my store. *sigh* I'm so jealous of the rest of you!!

Jeanne

chlobo
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Jeanne,

Do you want me to keep an eye out?

chlobo
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Jeanne,

Do you want me to keep an eye out?

just_teachin
10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd be happy to copy ours!!! I'll send them to school with my husband tomorrow to copy and then we'll get them in the mail to you!

Just send me your address and we'll get them on their way... and no need to cover postage! Just consider this a "pay it forward" situation! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif Proudly breastfeeding for 23+ months!

GrammyK
10-26-2006, 05:05 PM
If they don't go on clearance near you, it MAY be worth it to get one of the $12+ ones sent to you. I'd bought one to bring to Florida but DD got one herself at a local Target. I was just planning to give mine away so can check postage cost later if you don't already get one. It may come out to about the same as buying at $25 (which I thought was good).

Karen R.

GrammyK
10-26-2006, 06:01 PM
or I can scan and post the instructions. Let me know and I can do it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Karen R.

trumansmom
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Honestly, this was a "thrill of the deal" sort of thing. We would be hardpressed to find the space for it right now without ditching the train table, play kitchen, my teenage brother who has moved in with us, etc., so it's not worth the extra effort.

But thank you so much!!

Jeanne

Corie
10-26-2006, 09:00 PM
I totally agree with you about the "Thrill of the Deal" !!

I usually need more deodorant after I've spotted a Target
deal. :)

just_teachin
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Was at our Target tonight... spotted the Play Wonder Castle on an endcap... marked down to $60, but it's a start! Just thought I'd let people know to be on the look-out if they were interested.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BTVSO2.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/yx53vo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif Proudly breastfeeding for 23+ months!

greatcanuk
10-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks so much!! I emailed you back.

Aren't these boards great?

greatcanuk
10-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for your offer--no need to go to so much trouble. By the way, your pictures really inspired me.

Camille

mickminmom
10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for posting this! There were still two at my Target today and I was so happy to get one! It was 12.48. A great Christmas present! I couldn't believe there were still there...must not be many BBB readers in my town :)

Chris

Corie
10-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Has anyone in the Rhode Island/Mass area seen this playhouse
recently??

I would like to try and find one for my daughter's birthday
in November.

Thanks for your help!! :)