PDA

View Full Version : FAO Zim Zam "Furniture"

nupe
10-12-2006, 01:30 PM
It's back in stock and still on sale. Jo had posted earlier this week, and I can't reply to that message.

Nupe

boogiemom
10-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Thank you so, so, so much! I just ordered several pieces in each color scheme. We are building a new house and these will be perfect for my boys' new rooms!

YAY!!!!!

div_0305
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
You made my week with this deal, and believe me it's been a rough one!

oliviasmom
10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks for posting this! One of the sets was backordered, but I can wait. Don't forget ebates for 3% back!

mommy111
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Thank you! I just ordered a set. I have no idea how good they are, but for $5, who can argue with them?
Does anyone have them and do you like them?

div_0305
10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Here's 2 thumbs up from these reviewers:

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2977259&ctid=17&_e=452e9&_v=452E9E73mloLaFEE9C42A23D

Jo..
10-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks!!! I've unlocked my post, here's a link if anyone is interested. It really is a great deal on some cute stuff.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=31372&mesg_id=31372&page=2

BargainMomforLuke
10-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Another review for the table/stool:

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2977179/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/?_e=452ea&_v=452E9E73mloLaFEE9C42A23D

Note the prices at etoys.com...FAO had these things originally marked up a ridiculous amount!

neeter
10-12-2006, 03:43 PM
wowie. what a deal, esp when the shipping comes to $5.50 for all pieces! thanks so much for sharing!!

nupe
10-12-2006, 03:47 PM
In defense of fao prices, did you check out the shipping on etoys? The shelf was over $20 to ship on etoys + $32 for the shelf itself! I think the shipping was incorporated into the fao price. That's my theory. Nupe

AmyZ
10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks!! Just ordered some for our basement!

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Radosti
10-12-2006, 10:00 PM
I could kiss you!!! I just ordered 2 tables/stools, 2 chairs and 2 shelves. It all came to 45 dollars including shipping!!! How awesome is that!!!

Eloise36
10-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Thanks so much for posting! This is a really awesome deal!

calv
10-13-2006, 05:53 AM
THANK YOU so much! I ordered (last night) 2 of everything at those prices. DH is going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: looks like the shelves are gone for now.

keckert
10-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks Jo. I ordered the table. The chairs are on backorder and they wouldn't let me add them to my cart. boo!

katfol
10-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Look at this really cute boat! 29.99. My 2 and almost 4 year old love to play pirates and I think this is a great for dramatic play!

http://www.fao.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=75&categoryId=426&parentCategoryId=369

tobycat
10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
hmmm... I cannot get any of the piece to add to the cart.

candice

tobycat
10-13-2006, 08:57 AM
I got it to work. I could not add multiple items at once. Had to load the table and then add to cart and so on. I tried to order the backordered chair, but it would not add it to the cart. So I ordered 2 table/chair sets and 2 cosmic chairs. I think these will be great outside for next summer. Thanks for posting such a great deal!

Candice

FiveLittleDucks
10-13-2006, 10:45 AM
The link on this thread didn't work for me, either. But, when I clicked through Jo's thread, it did. Go figure. Good luck!

Thanks so much for this amazing deal!!! These will be perfect for playhouse our kiddies are getting for Christmas.

mommy111
10-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Wow, after those reviews, I'm really glad I bought it...thank you all for posting the reviews, nupe for the update, and, of course, Jo as always.

scoop22
10-13-2006, 12:15 PM
thanks so much for the deal.. the bad news is.. they are sold out.
i went on line to order. saying instock. got to the checkout and it wouldn't let me order.. one item was not in stock. so i called. she had a hard time ordering as well. that is b/c they are out.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i always miss the deals. enjoy.

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

boogiemom
10-13-2006, 07:01 PM
It was showing all sold out earlier but is now showing backordered. It let me put things in my cart but I didn't complete the order because I ordered the other day. You might want to try again.....

scoop22
10-13-2006, 07:19 PM
i wrote an email to them telling them i couldn't get a confirmation.
they responded real fast and told me there was a problem and it is fixed. they won't be in stock till the end of october. that is ok with me. The pictures looked a little different but that is ok. i can't wait to get them. thanks..

hellokitty
10-13-2006, 10:10 PM
THANK YOU for posting about this boat! I have been wanting to get one for my two boys, but the ones I saw in the magic cabin (or was it hearthsong?) catalog was $99!!! So, this is truly a great price, even with the $17.xx shipping costs, it brings the total to about $47.xx, which is still very reasonable. I can't wait to get it, it will be one of those gifts that will be out of the box sitting next to the tree on christmas morning with a huge bow on it. :) I guess I am pretty much officially finished christmas shopping for the kiddos. I need to stop checking this folder for deals and stop going to tj maxx's toy section, lol.

As for the furniture, I decided not to get it. It says that kids can assemble it themselves, which basically makes me think that in my case, it would mean the boys will always tear it to pieces and it will never serve as furniture, and we'd end up tripping on furniture parts all day, kwim? So, I passed on that deal, but it looks really cute. Maybe if I had girls, they wouldn't be so destructive. T

Also, a word of warning to those who want to order, fao's site is really screwy. Like someone said, you can only put one item in your basket at a time. Then, when I was looking at my shopping cart, they had the wrong price for the boat (they said it was $39.99), but then when I added up the REAL price with the shipping and handling, the total at the end was actually correct. Weird. Their site is also REALLY slow, BUT I got my order confirmation immediately in my email.

oliviasmom
10-17-2006, 10:07 AM
My shelving system arrived today, but when I opened the box, I noticed a corner of one of the shelves had cracked and broken off. I called CS and was told the item was not in stock, and that I could either wait for it to *possibly* come back into stock, or accept a shipping discount. I asked what the discount would be she said 2.50, roughly half of the 5.50 shipping charge. I thought that was laughable! The least they could do is give me free shipping for my trouble...:(

tobycat
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
I got a confirmation after I ordered last Friday, but according to the webstie my order is still processing... on Tuesday. I called customer service and all they are willing to do is read my the screen where it says my order is still processing. I am started to doubt if I will get my order.

Candice

div_0305
10-17-2006, 10:42 AM
I'll let y'all know if there's a problem and what CS offers as a remedy.

Radosti
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
I just got two boxes (assume it's the table/stool sets). I ordered two of each the table/stool, shelving and chair. The shelving and the chairs are still not shipped. I haven't opened them yet.

neeter
10-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I received two big boxes, too, but haven't opened them up. If anyone does, please do a review! I'm curious on the quality and ease of use!! :) Thanks!

calv
10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
I got 4 boxes today and that's not conting what's on backorder, lol. Anyway, super easy to put together and very cute for the price! Now I just need to find space for it all!!!!!!!!!

tobycat
10-18-2006, 08:13 AM
For those people who ordered last Friday (13th), does the website say your order is still processing? Mine does.

For those who received their items, did you get a shipping confirmation email?

candice

jrn90
10-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I ordered the boat and table/stool set on the 13- got an e-mail confirming order but no shipping e-mail yet. Then I ordered the chair, shelf and coat rack (all backordered) later that day when they became available again- got an e-mail today that the coat rack has shipped the others are still backordered- No word on my boat or table set that were in stock???

Update- The boat and table/stool came today. can't coment on the boat- DH will have to put it together- looks good though.

The table/stool is very cute- easy to put together- DS loves it- he is 22 months- he has stood on the stool and tried the table so beware if you have a climber.

banoffi
10-19-2006, 06:20 AM
I ordered the Zim Zam table/stool, table and coat rack, along with the water table and constuction set that were also in the outlet. I recieved the Zim Zam table/stool, water table and construction set yesterday (in three HUGE boxes), but not the Zim Zam table or coat rack. I received an email from FAO Schwartz this morning with an updated shipping date of October 25th.

mommy111
10-19-2006, 07:06 AM
No shipping confirmation, got the order confirmation 2 days after I ordered, then the table and chair arrives yesterday in a HUGE box!!

scoop22
10-19-2006, 07:18 AM
i had so much trouble ordering. i did get a status notification for the Zim Zam Buildable Table And Stool. these will be shipped between oct. 26 - nov. 3. as for the chairs.. they are still on backorder.
i think it is funny how they are different for everyone.

div_0305
10-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Everything came with boxes that looked a little battered by FedEx, but inside, the actual merchandise boxes were pristine b/c they surrounded them with bubble wrap and an incredible amount of air bags for insulation! Kudos for the way they shipped my stuff, and the pieces themselves feel very sturdy and well-made. This is one of my best purchases this year!

nupe
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Same here. Outer boxes were awful, one was even open and missing the packing slip. Inner boxes were intact, and contents were fine. Nupe

oliviasmom
10-19-2006, 11:52 AM
My order was also a box within a box, with bubble wrap in between, but when I opened the inner box, the corner of one of the shelves was damaged. That leads me to believe the damage occurred in handling at the warehouse, not by FedEx.

hellokitty
10-19-2006, 12:33 PM
I wanted to update. I was surprised to receive me boat order yesterday. HOWEVER, I was not very happy about the pkging. It came in its original box, and had NO padding in the box at all. That's wasn't the biggest problem though (although there were some spots where the paint was chipped, it wasn't too big of a deal). Whatever factory packed the boat to begin with, did a horrible job. It was very dirty, and three of the sides of the boat had these weird black marks on it that I could not get off, plus one had red marker on it. Luckily, my DH was able to use some steel wool to get those marks off. The laminate on two of those side pieces were also starting to come apart a little bit. My DH re-glued it and used one of his pressure clamps on it and will attach those pieces tonight. I was kind of upset about the condition of the boat, but my DH said that for $29, it was worth the hassle. All that I know is that if I would have paid full price for the boat, I would have been rather PO'd about it. I could not find any label that mentioned where the boat was manufactured, but where ever it was, they did a very poor job.

I basically wanted to post to let those of you who ordered the boat know that you MUST open the box and check to make sure everything is ok. I told my DH I can't imagine that EVERY boat would be in such bad condition. I hope not. It takes a bit of time to put together, but I feel better now that we did it, b/c if we decided to put it together on christmas eve and realized all of these things wrong with it, it would have been a total headache. We have the boat assembled (except for the two sides my DH had to re-glue) in the unfinished side of our basement. I told my DH, at least this is one less item he has to assemble at christmas. HTH

banoffi
10-19-2006, 02:06 PM
That's interesting. One of the FAO Schwartz boxes I received yesterday was damaged too. The tape was ripped on the top and the box was open. I was concerned, but the number of items inside the box matched the packing slip, and all the items were wrapped in bubble wrap so they don't appear to be damaged.

mommy111
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I just assembled our table/stool/chair last night, the table is pretty unsteady when assembled and when DD picks up the stool, the legs start falling off. Am I missing something here? Was I supposed to use glue or nails or something? The box just came with the pieces that do fit into each other but kind-of loosely. Anyone else had this problem?
Apart from that, it looks nice, colorful, I'm just afraid to have DD sit on the chair or put anything on the table :(

mommy111
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I just assembled our table/stool/chair last night, the table is pretty unsteady when assembled and when DD picks up the stool, the legs start falling off. Am I missing something here? Was I supposed to use glue or nails or something? The box just came with the pieces that do fit into each other but kind-of loosely. Anyone else had this problem?
Apart from that, it looks nice, colorful, I'm just afraid to have DD sit on the chair or put anything on the table :(

mspersnickity
10-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Did you twist the legs after inserting them? You insert the square piece into the square hole then twist 90 degrees. Sorry if I'm asking the obvious - but it took me a few minutes to really "get it" and if I was at all distracted while putting it together I might not have figured it out at all. :)

mspersnickity
10-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Did you twist the legs after inserting them? You insert the square piece into the square hole then twist 90 degrees. Sorry if I'm asking the obvious - but it took me a few minutes to really "get it" and if I was at all distracted while putting it together I might not have figured it out at all. :)

calv
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
ditto, same thing happened to me till I figured on how to LOCK the parts together. Hopefully it's just that and not bad furniture. I LOVE ours for the price! :)

calv
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
ditto, same thing happened to me till I figured on how to LOCK the parts together. Hopefully it's just that and not bad furniture. I LOVE ours for the price! :)

mommy111
10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Thank you! No I DIDN'T figure that out, I knew I must be missing something obvious, thank you for pointing it out to me!!

mommy111
10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Thank you! No I DIDN'T figure that out, I knew I must be missing something obvious, thank you for pointing it out to me!!

Radosti
10-20-2006, 07:41 PM
We finally put together one of the table and stool sets (I ordered two, should have gotten more). I love it, it's so cute!!!

We put it together and showed it to DS. He touched it and looked at it, then almost dove into the huge packing box it came in and proceeded to play with those air-filled bags for an hour. So exciting!!!

Radosti
10-20-2006, 07:41 PM
We finally put together one of the table and stool sets (I ordered two, should have gotten more). I love it, it's so cute!!!

We put it together and showed it to DS. He touched it and looked at it, then almost dove into the huge packing box it came in and proceeded to play with those air-filled bags for an hour. So exciting!!!

mommy111
10-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the instructions, I have a solid/stable set now, sat on it myself with no problems!!!

mommy111
10-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the instructions, I have a solid/stable set now, sat on it myself with no problems!!!

Radosti
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
It's all here :)

Radosti
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
It's all here :)

neeter
10-21-2006, 02:21 PM
I received two more boxes, but this time they slapped the shipping label right on the box and shipped it directly....the first two came in huge boxes with bubble wrap. I'll have to open these guys up to make sure they survived the delivery!!

neeter
10-21-2006, 02:21 PM
I received two more boxes, but this time they slapped the shipping label right on the box and shipped it directly....the first two came in huge boxes with bubble wrap. I'll have to open these guys up to make sure they survived the delivery!!

Radosti
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Yup, my shelving units and table/stool sets came in huge boxes, the chairs just came by themselves with no extra packing. They all look awesome and DS's playroom is coming together sooooo well. I ended up selling one of the sets to my neighbor who missed the clearance. I ordered two of everything just because I could, so I didn't mind her taking one of the sets. I should have ordered 5 sets of everything, would have made awesome gifts.

Radosti
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Yup, my shelving units and table/stool sets came in huge boxes, the chairs just came by themselves with no extra packing. They all look awesome and DS's playroom is coming together sooooo well. I ended up selling one of the sets to my neighbor who missed the clearance. I ordered two of everything just because I could, so I didn't mind her taking one of the sets. I should have ordered 5 sets of everything, would have made awesome gifts.