PDA

View Full Version : Upholstered rocker/ottoman at Kmart, $149 to $199, x post Decor

american_mama
10-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't think I've ever heard a bargain alert or BBB rave for Kmart, but this week, my local store had several upholstered rockers with matching ottomans for $199. A store associate told me they are often on sale for $149 (like one week on sale, other week off). They came in cream and pink (not garish, just ordinary light pink).

These are rockers, not gliders, but they are nursery furniture displayed in the Baby department. They look like the link below, with wooden rockers and rounded seatbacks, but don't have the side wings.
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=0&CatID=028408&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=0cca5c8&siteID=210054840

The rocker and ottoman were very light (I lifted both down on to the floor from a shelf that was at the same level as my head). But I did find it comfortable to sit in. The covers look to be removable/washable and are made of a so-so quality twill.

I remember people here were excited about the inexpensive upholstered gliders from Walmart, so thought I would post this too.