PDA

View Full Version : Portable DVD Player - Where to buy?

Expecting-girl
10-13-2006, 02:52 PM
After a very long road trip this past weekend, I think it's time to break down and buy a portable DVD player!

I don't have a clue what to look for or where to get a good deal. Any recommendations? TIA.

BillK
10-13-2006, 07:04 PM
We got a "Nextar" portable DVD deal for in the wife's car (my truck has one stock thankfully). It's ok I suppose - build quality seems fair but not what I'd consider "good" - however - the way you attach it is why I opted for it - it has a nice metal bracket that clamps it to the headrest posts on the front seat as opposed to velcro. We got it at Target for $149 as I recall. It's not a brand name - but I figured for 149 we could use it for a year until we get an Odyssey and then just ebay it.

just_teachin
10-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I'd recommend a 9 inch screen rather than the 7 inch screen.

We got a Hitachi (I believe) last year on the day after Thanksgiving for $149, if I recall correctly. (Mommy brain is really bad tonight!!) We've only used it a few times, but it's been really helpful on the 6 hour drives to the ILs to have a 30 minute DVD twice during the trip.

Wish I could provide links for you, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress

momofjandl
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
We just caved in and bought one last summer. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but you get 2 screens and I have 2 kids so it helped a lot. My oldest can reach the seat with his feet so it gets kicked a lot and is still running. We use it daily for trips to preschool (40 min away)etc.

I don't remember where we bought it..I want to say Best Buy. Here's a link with more info.

It's this model polaroid PDM2737

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Polaroid-7-Two-Screen-Portable-DVD-Player-PDM-2737/sem/rpsm/oid/147863/catOid/-13326/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do