PDA

View Full Version : Any one know of any goods deals on car seats?

Pegessen
11-10-2006, 10:56 AM
I was in an auto accident on Wednesday (thanks to a guy falling a sleep at the wheel) and now I need to replace both of my car seats so I am looking for sales on them. I would love to get the Britax but they seem pretty high since I will need to purchase 2 of them. I am looking for the convertable seats. Any one have any recommendations as to which ones are the best/safest? We had the Triumph for DS but and really liked it but the straps were some what difficult some of the time.

TIA!

Peg
Mommy to Benjamin David 12/4/04
and Katherine Elizabeth 6/1/06

kcimato
11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm sure the ladies in the car seat forum could help you out.

jermak
11-10-2006, 11:28 AM
If you are near a Burlington Coat Factory I recommend checking out their selection. Ours has a pretty good selection and really good prices. Hope you are all o.k.- that must have been really scary! Good luck!

just_teachin
11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Hope everybody is okay!!!

Won't his insurance cover your seats?? I'd find out first-- if they are, I'd most definitely go with a Britax!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif Proudly breastfeeding for 23+ months!

SpaceGal
11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah definitely check the insurance companies and tell them you want your seats replaced. I was in a car accident and the comapny needed me to fax them a copy of my car seat manual and then buy the same seat and show them a receipt and I was reimbursed. Usually the big reputable car insurance agencies will replace them. Just ask the case handler.

Jenn98
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I second that you call your insurance company about this. We were in a roll over and we called and they said as long as we brought them the old seat and the receipt for the new one (had to be a comparable brand to the one that was in the accident) they'd replace it and they cut us a check for the exact amount. I did get to keep the cover off the seat from the accident, a Britax, so that made me happy.

wagner36
11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Same thing happened with us - I was so happy to keep the extra cover!

daisy1234
11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I asked the insurance company to replace my seats and they said no problem and I bougt a new britax and just sent them the receipt....they paid no questions asked!

Pegessen
11-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I talked to our insurance company and I have to take the car seats in and they will say what they think the seats are worth. Then they have to call the claims adjustor and they will mail us a check. I would love to get the Britax and might end up just paying the difference.

Yes, everyone was okay, thank goodness for car seats! The man was going 50-60mph when he hit us and the whole back window shattered on the kids.

Thanks for the recommendations ladies!

Peg
Mommy to Benjamin David 12/4/04
and Katherine Elizabeth 6/1/06

just_teachin
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
SOOO glad to hear your little ones are okay!! How scary!!!

Hopefully the adjuster will give you a fair amount on the seats!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif Proudly breastfeeding for 23+ months!

DrSally
11-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Scary!!!
I just ordered and received a Britax DC for $219 free shipping. I like the pattern (Oddessy). The manufacture date was Sept 2006, so it wasn't old either. Albeebaby.com. They also had marathons on sale (I have the tan microdot from them from earlier this year). With these prices you may not have to pay much in difference.

strollinmama
11-11-2006, 11:02 AM
K's Merchandise had Marathons for $189.00 which is pretty decent. It was the houndstooth pattern.

They also had RA's and Parkway's on sale.

Their going out of business, so they may be cheaper now.

Tondi G
11-11-2006, 08:04 PM
if you are ok with a seat that only goes up to 40lbs like the Triumph then how about a Britax Roundabout! They need to give you the full value of whatever car seats you currently own....so you can buy new ones of the same. Now if it's an Evenflo then I'd take the money and put that towards a britax and pay difference!

Good luck

mariza
11-11-2006, 10:25 PM
>I talked to our insurance company and I have to take the car
>seats in and they will say what they think the seats are
>worth.

I would go on to several websites (Target, BRU, TRU, etc.) and print out the ads for the Evenflo to show the adjuster. I don't know how well versed they are in carseats and offer you too little.
Of course I would wait and see what amount they quote me and if it's too low, then pull out the printouts to show them the actual retail value.
Also, bring the manual and highlight the page where it says that the seats need to be replaced after an accident.
Good luck!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06