PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Log Cabin - $75.00!!

mckwvu
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I just bought my son the Little Tikes log cabin on the Toys R Us website for $75.00!!! The regular price is $299.99! Shipping was $52.00 but that is still much cheaper than $300...

Here is the link--

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401600&cp=&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=log+cabin&kw=log+cabin&parentPage=search

LBW
11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Great deal! I just checked and they also have a sand and water table for $10.50, regularly $59.99.

lhk777
11-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I also bought this over the weekend. I thought it was a GREAT deal!! I was waiting until they actually sent it out to make sure it was legitimate before posting it here. It still just says 'in stock.'

They also have the Little Tikes Endless Climber for $100. Shipping was $52 over the weekend and they just raised it to $165.

That was the same with the Log Cabin - I ordered it with $52 shipping. When I checked yesterday it was $165 shipping. Now it is back down to $52.

I tell you - their website drives me crazy!!!

-Linda

Oregonmother
11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Darn, the sand and water table is now out of stock.

Cristiana
11-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks so much! We've been searching for a playhouse for DD for a long time. Our Toys R Us were charging $150+ for their old displays, of which many pieces were missing, broken, or pooped upon (by birds)! :)

I just ordered it. I hope we get it!

trumansmom
11-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Bummer! I would love to get one of these for the kids. :(

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

daniele_ut
11-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Dh really wanted to get the Endless Adventures Climber, but the shipping still shows up as $165, so we went with the Playhouse instead. This is a great deal, so I hope we get it! I'll be ticked if they lower the shipping again tomorrow on the Climber, though!

lhk777
11-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I just received a confirmation email saying that the Log Cabin has shipped! Yay!! I can't track the package since it is being delivered by a Freight Carrier. Hopefully it will get here soon and in good condition!!

All the reviews I've read on Amazon and Epinions seem to be 5 stars!!

Now, where to put this in our house since we don't have a yard.

-Linda

julieakc
11-15-2006, 02:37 AM
OMG! Thanks for posting. I just ordered.

We already purchased DS's big gift for Christmas, but his BD is in Feb. so this will be his big BD present.

Like others I've been looking at playhouses for quite a while...watching (and losing out) Ebay, craigslist, etc. Even with the shipping it's a great deal.....$134 delivered to my door. I'm so stoked!

Jajsmom
11-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Deal is Dead. Considered it last night and passed. Prices back up.

ctmom
11-15-2006, 07:46 AM
I would love to get one of these. If anybody notices the price go down again, please repost!!!

Thanks!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

jray
11-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Price is back to $249.00 now. Whew! I almost bought it!

jermak
11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Darn, it's back to full price now! $249!

geochick
11-15-2006, 06:13 PM
My online order was just cancelled:

"Cancelled on 11 / 15 / 06 due to missing or invalid order information"

:(

julieakc
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I just got an email cancelling my order too! It said that one or more of the items was unavailable (of course that was my only item).

I am SOOOOOO bummed!

ETA:

Website shows that it is in stock (as it did when I ordered), but as others have mentioned is back up to $249. Sounds to me like somebody incorrectly marked them down and now they're backing out. I will be writing a letter of complaint, as soon as I can find a corporate address. I think I'm going to call too.

julieakc
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I just called the customer service number (and after numerous button pushing finally spoke to a rep). Initially the rep said that the computer did show that it was out of stock and it would take 24-48 hours to update the website. I asked if it was normal to cancel an order instead of just indicating it was on backorder. I also asked if it showed an expected date for more stock. She then came back and said that it does they ran out, but stock was replenished so if I want I can reorder but it will be at the current price since the promotion is over.

Of course I responded that this was ridiculous as I placed the order last night, computer said it was in stock, I received an order confirmation and now you want me to pay a different price?! I asked for a supervisor. After being on hold for several minutes she came back and said that she relayed everything to a supervisor, that they are aware this is a problem, and please allow then 24-48 hours to call me back when they have more information!!!

I found the corporate address:

Toys "R" Us, Inc. Headquarters
One Geoffrey Way
Wayne, New Jersey
07470-2030

So Geoffrey will be getting a letter from me about their shady practices!!

theamazingtrace
11-16-2006, 01:45 AM
If you do decide to write a letter (or anyone else here on the BBB does), would you please pm or post a copy of it? I'm not very eloquent, but would also like to complain about the cancellation. Thank you!

ac179
11-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This is a little off topic but also related to Toys R Us. I just want to give you all a heads up as I had ordered a couple of items through Toys R Us website in September but they were on backordered so I canceled them as it wouldn't make it for a birthday party. Without any email about the refund, or any email updates, I decided to check if they had credited me back the refund and they DIDN'T. They never credited me back the money until 5 calls and 2 months later. I wonder how many people got scammed thinking it'll be automatic.

The only explanation they gave me was that their Customer Service Personnel is very limited right now (since their break up from amazon in July), and so they've had a lot of complaints and glitches to work out.

That explains why they've had so many price mistakes in the last couple of months.

One more warning, if you purchase anything online and decide to return it to the store, they may or MAY NOT issue you a refund (I found that out the hard way after not getting my refund). I had ordered an item thinking that it wouldn't be a problem if I changed my mind since there's a store near where I live. I had checked the website and in the product description, it said "the item may or may not be returned at a store, and to see the packing slip when it arrives". And so when the order arrived, it DID NOT come with a packing slip. I called them and they said "well, if it didn't come with one, then it means that you can't return it". So be warned that if you want to find out for sure, you should called them about the particular item to see if its refundable through the local store.

One more note is that if you do refund their online item in store, you'll only get a STORE CREDIT even if you, the purchase PAID WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD and are returning the same under your name. I've never seen such lame policy.

Their new policies have given me a lot of grief and I wanted to warn you all so you don't get stuck with what I went through. I've never seen such horrible ambiguous return policies.

mckwvu
11-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Mine is cancelled too. I am so bummed. I am going to call Toys R Us now and complain as well as write a letter. It sure sounds shady to me...if someone accidently priced them this way, they should still honor that. I would be curious to know if you bought one regular price, if they would be "in stock" then...

mckwvu
11-16-2006, 09:23 AM
I just spoke with customer service at Toys R Us and the rep said that someone made a typing error in putting the price as $75.00 and that all of those orders have been cancelled. I will never shop Toys R Us again if they don't have the ability to honor their own mistakes. They screwed up and they should fix it. I was given another address for customer service problems if anyone wants to write here too:

Toys R Us Inc.
Director of Customer Relations
PO Box 100
Melbourne, FL 32901

safarimom
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I agree that TRU's customer service totally stinks. I ordered 5 of one item & only received 1 when the box arrived. I had been billed for all 5, of course! When I called customer service, they could not offer to have the items that they did not initially package shipped to me. I would have to re-order & go through the process again. By that time, the item was out of stock. They offered me no incentive for further business by offering me a discount in the future. I wrote a letter to their corporate office in NJ because they conveniently do not have an email address on their website. I avoid shopping with them if there is another choice. I don't even like shopping in the store because you can't get checked out because they only open the service desk register. Horrible!

HallsofVA
11-16-2006, 10:21 AM
TRU isn't the first company I've heard of on these boards canceling a great deal once the word gets out. That's why I've always been amazed the Macys.com honored the purchases made on their website a few months back when some Melissa & Doug items were incorrectly marked down 75%. Though the Macy's website now clearly states that the items had been previously shown as clearance in error, I believe they honored everyone's order who placed one during the period (including mine). I think companies that stand by their errors like Macys did should get credit for doing the right thing, translated into more business, while those who don't should definitely hear about the trust issue they're creating by canceling orders that have already been confirmed, and then feel it in the pocketbook if the problems aren't resolved satisfactorily.

Just my two thoughts on this.

MIF738
11-16-2006, 11:18 AM
When i spoke to customer service they took down my name and number and said someone would get back to me from the manufacturers. I really really want them to honor it. If they dont my husband already has a typed letter ready to mail to coorporate.

daniele_ut
11-16-2006, 11:24 AM
After being on hold for
>several minutes she came back and said that she relayed
>everything to a supervisor, that they are aware this is a
>problem, and please allow then 24-48 hours to call me back
>when they have more information!!!
>
>I found the corporate address:
>
>Toys "R" Us, Inc. Headquarters
>One Geoffrey Way
>Wayne, New Jersey
>07470-2030
>
>So Geoffrey will be getting a letter from me about their shady
>practices!!

This was my experience as well. I will also be writing a letter to corporate!!

lhk777
11-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Sometimes i wonder if someone "watches" the boards and once word gets out about a special they magically adjust the price back or are 'out of stock' or attribute it to a 'keying mistake'.

I know on Friday, Saturday and Sunday the Log Cabin was $75.
But on Sunday they raised the Shipping Price so someone had to have knowingly done that. It couldn't have been another keying mistake.

julieakc
11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
>If you do decide to write a letter (or anyone else here on
>the BBB does), would you please pm or post a copy of it? I'm
>not very eloquent, but would also like to complain about the
>cancellation. Thank you!

Here's the letter I'm sending:

To Whom It May Concern:

I write today to relay my great displeasure and disappointment with your company.

Last night I was informed of a great sale on the Little Tikes Log Cabin at toysrus.com. The item showed it was in stock and so I placed my order. Shortly thereafter I received a confirmation email. Today, less than 24 hours after placing the order, I receive an email that the order has been cancelled. The reason stated was that “some or all of the items were unavailable�. I checked the website immediately upon receiving the email and it still shows the item is in stock; however the sale/promotion price was gone.

Based on my suspicion that the order was cancelled purely so it would not have to be filled at the sale price I called your customer service number. After a maze of options I was finally connected to a live person, Chrissie, who initially stated that she showed the item was out of stock and that it would take 24-48 hours for the website to be updated. I inquired as to whether it is normal for an order to be canceled as opposed to just notifying the customer that the order would be delayed and also asked if the computer showed an expected date for another shipment. At first the representative started saying that it was normal for an order to be cancelled if…..but did not finish the thought, as she then stated that the item had been out of stock but was replenished and that if I wanted to order I could do so at the current price. I told her it was ridiculous that I was expected to pay full price for an item I purchased on sale the night before when the website said it was in stock and I received a confirmation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after several minutes the original representative came back and informed me that she had relayed my situation to a supervisor, they knew it was a problem, and that someone would call me within 24-48 hours once they had more information.

It continues to remain my suspicion that this is all a ploy to lure people into buying items with listed promotional prices and then cancel the orders forcing people to pay full price if they want the item. This is unacceptable and outrageous behavior. Had this been the only incident with toysrus.com I might not be writing, but it seems that since you separated from Amazon earlier this year you have yet to get everything in order. Furthermore, I know that my case is not an isolated event as at least one other person I know also ordered the same item last night and received a cancellation notice today. Given that Toys R Us has been along far longer than Amazon I don’t understand why a large, established company has not used all resources to assure the same quality and accuracy that your customers enjoyed via Amazon.

There is no excuse for my order being cancelled and I hereby request that it be reprocessed as soon as possible with the same terms that I agreed to when the order was placed.

A printout of both my order confirmation email and the subsequent cancellation email are attached.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Julie Casey

Note: I think I will send it to both the NJ address and the FL address that someone else posted.

julieakc
11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
ITA!

Sure accidents happen and it's fine to correct the mistake and put a notice that there had been an error, but to cancel orders that were already placed is just WRONG!

julieakc
11-16-2006, 11:47 AM
edited for clarification

These policies really do stink and make people not want to shop there.

Honestly, there is a TRU 5 minutes from my house but I don't go there very often. I shop online (at other stores) or at other independent toy stores, or pick up some toys at Target while I'm there doing other shopping.

surfergal
11-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I also had an order cancelled by Toys R Us and phoned their customer support this morning.

The representative this morning said they had a "situation" with this product, and the managers had met this morning for how to address it. Their corporate stance is that they are very sorry and due to a technical error, the item was listed at an incorrect price. She directed me towards their disclaimers page in which they reserve the right to change prices. The representative said they obviously cannot offer the item at the price that was listed. I asked if there was any other recourse, and she said there was not.

The rep wasn't able to tell me how many other customers had this same problem.

I'm glad to hear at least one person was able to get it shipped at the advertised price.

Mary.

mckwvu
11-16-2006, 12:33 PM
I also wrote a letter to the NJ & FL addresses. Here's what it said (it's a long one) - - feel free to copy--

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with services I received regarding my recent order through Toysrus.com.
On November 14th, I ordered the Little Tikes Log Cabin as a Christmas present for my son from your website for the price of $75.00. I then received a confirmation email stating that my order had been received, along with tracking information. When I tracked the item on November 15th, it stated that the item had been located in stock. Then, on November 16th, I received an email stating that the item had been cancelled because it was unavailable. When I tracked the item on your website, it stated the order was canceled due to “missing or invalid order information�.

Following are some important items to note when considering my displeasure with what has transpired:
1. Before and after I ordered the item, your website stated that it was in stock. In addition, when tracked, the item was said to be located in stock. This would lead me to believe that the item was (and still is) in stock at all times.

2. Approximately 6 hours after I ordered the item for $75.00, the item was listed on the website for $249.99 and was “in stock�. If the item was indeed sold out, then why is your website still stating “in stock� availability 12 hours later?

3. Indicating on your website that the order was canceled due to “Missing or invalid order information� is an ambiguous reason for cancellation. I provided all information requested when ordering my item. If the order was “invalid�, that was your fault.

4. On November 16th at 8:30 am, I contacted Toys “R� Us customer service to find out what happened with my order. I was told by the customer service agent that Toys R Us was aware of what happened. She informed me that someone mistakenly marked the item to $75.00 and when the mistake was discovered, the price was changed and I had happened to order the item before the mistake was caught. As a result of the mistake, all of the orders that were made during the time that the item was $75.00 were canceled. I was informed that if I wanted to re-order the item at the currently listed price of $249.99, I could do so.

I must say that this whole scenario appears to be very suspicious. The practice of displaying one price and then canceling the order in order to entice the buyer to re-purchase at a higher price is at best dishonest and quite possibly illegal. I hope that this was not intentional on the part of Toys “R� Us.

If this was indeed a mistake, as your customer service representative said, I acknowledge that we are all humans and mistakes are made. However, as a corporation concerned about integrity in customer service, I feel that you should admit that a mistake was made and in doing so honor the price that was advertised when I ordered the item. Customer service should always be top priority in an industry that relies on its customer base for profit.

I have been a loyal shopper of Toys “R� Us for several years. However, I cannot support an organization that, much like the ‘Grinch that Stole Christmas’, lacks integrity and honesty. I would appreciate it if you would investigate this matter and, in doing so, honor the $75.00 price posted on your website. It is the right thing to do.

stephiejw
11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Right now the log cabin is listed as in stock. If it was out of stock, they had ample time to change in stock status. This a company no longer wish to deal with since they lack integrity.

Stephanie

chlobo
11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Just wanted to remind people that *SOME* people did get their item shipped. So how do they reconcile that?

julieakc
11-16-2006, 11:27 PM
>Just wanted to remind people that *SOME* people did get their
>item shipped. So how do they reconcile that?

Exactly! I feel that if the order went through then it should be honored....mistake or no mistake. I mean if something was mismarked at the store and I purchased it then it's a done deal. I feel like they've done the equivalent of running after us in the parking lot and taking the item back.

elizacorbo
11-17-2006, 06:51 AM
After reading some of the posts, I would suggest sending a certified letter of complaint to your state's attorney general and cc'ing the corporate office as well as whoever else you have been dealing with. Usually when I threaten to get the AG involved and use langague like "unfair and deceptive consumer practices" people listen. There cannot have been that many orders...not like TRU can't afford to honor them!

Just a thought -
Libby

JennSimm
11-17-2006, 07:16 AM
I ordered the easel with the chair, reg. 80.00, for 8.50, shipping 25.00. I have got a notice that my oreder was processed, and that was Tuesday. I havent gotten an email saying my order was cancelled, so hopefully it will go thru...

MIF738
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Linda- Have u recieved your yet??

MIF738
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Linda- Have u recieved your yet??

lhk777
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Actually, when I got home from work on Friday I saw a huge box sitting on our front porch.

We put it together this weekend just to make sure all the pieces were there.

So yes, we did get it.

I wonder if anyone else on here got theirs?

EDIT: I placed my order on 11/11 (before it was posted on this board) so I'm wondering if maybe they processed my order not realizing that the price was 'incorrect'. Then after a flood of orders they realized their mistake. But I still think they should honor the $75 price since it was 'their' mistake.

-Linda

lhk777
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Actually, when I got home from work on Friday I saw a huge box sitting on our front porch.

We put it together this weekend just to make sure all the pieces were there.

So yes, we did get it.

I wonder if anyone else on here got theirs?

EDIT: I placed my order on 11/11 (before it was posted on this board) so I'm wondering if maybe they processed my order not realizing that the price was 'incorrect'. Then after a flood of orders they realized their mistake. But I still think they should honor the $75 price since it was 'their' mistake.

-Linda

MIF738
11-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Thats awsome you got yours. My husband is going to call tonight and make a big stink and say he knows someone who actually got theres at the $75 price...is that ok? Since u already got yours its not like they can take it away right?LOL

Do u mind if i email you? Or you email me at Isa_738 at yahoo dot com

Isabel

MIF738
11-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Thats awsome you got yours. My husband is going to call tonight and make a big stink and say he knows someone who actually got theres at the $75 price...is that ok? Since u already got yours its not like they can take it away right?LOL

Do u mind if i email you? Or you email me at Isa_738 at yahoo dot com

Isabel

Cristiana
12-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Bumping...

The order I placed was cancelled with the reason given of item no longer available. After calling twice to speak to managers, which was hellish the first time around (girl claimed to not know her manager's name, first or last), DH sent some emails. Sent one to the toys r us customer service, another to some manager, and one to the CEO, I think. Contents were similiar to the letter posted here, with the addition of our family connection to the DA here.

A week later, we received a call from a manager offering us the "coupon code" to use to make the Log Cabin only cost $75. I was able to replace the order, and it arrived yesterday.

I just wanted to see if they contacted anyone else, and if not, to tell you to keep trying!

julieakc
12-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Good for you.

I never got the promised call back (within 48 hours), or a response to my letter which was sent to both the corporate office and some customer service bigwig in Florida. I'm going to call again tomorrow and raise hell.

BTW, how did your DH get email addresses? I couldn't find any email addresses...not even a generic customer service one.

mckwvu
01-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Just a quick update. I actually got a call back from the Toysrus.com customer service manager offering the log cabin at the advertised price. She gave me a one time use code that I could use online. I haven't been able to use it yet because the website doesn't have a place to add the item to the cart. Hopefully it will soon!!

jray
01-06-2007, 07:57 AM
If anyone decides they no longer want the log cabin, I'd be happy to take the coupon off your hands for you. :)

scout123
01-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Me too!! I would love to buy one!
Angie