PDA

View Full Version : After Christmas Bargains from Prior Years

ChristinaLucia
11-14-2006, 04:52 PM
This is my first year as a Mom, so I don't know what goes on sale after Christmas as far as Toys. Any tips on what to wait to buy after Christmas?

Thanks!

hollybloom
11-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I buy wrapping paper, gift bags and holiday stickers at places like Papyrus where they are typically 75% off.

You can also get things like stockings, baskets and other holiday related things on sale at places like Pottery Barn Kids (after every holiday, not just Christmas). I have also seen children's holiday books on sale which you can stock up on, and also use as gifts for other people.

Christmasy clothing goes on sale at places like Gymboree and Janie and Jack.

Most of the time I don't buy toys, since I don't know what my kids will receive from others, or what they will be interested in the following year.

You just have to remember where you store all your bargains! Luckily I found a bunch of my buys from last year today!

hellokitty
11-21-2006, 10:37 AM
TOYS!!!! I kind of do my christmas and birthday shopping after christmas, b/c the clearance is huge at places like target. I get nice sets of toys that are normally $100 for like $25, etc.. I also stock up on christmas stuff like wrapping paper, bows, etc.. However, I noticed that for that stuff there is an abundance of it, so you can wait until late feb/early march and get that for like 90% off. I got a ton of cute wrapping paper at factory card outlet two yrs ago for like 25 cents a roll and it wasn't the teeny rolls, they were the nice, big ones. So, I don't think I need to buy wrapping paper for at least another 5-7 yrs, lol. Oh, and my DH wanted to get some outdoor christmas decorating stuff (like those grapevine balls that have lights in them). However, I told him I don't want to pay full price for those... so we'll wait until they go on clearance this yr, and I'll get them so we can use them next yr. My motto is when it comes to toys/decoration type of things, I NEVER pay full price. Those are things that we don't, "have" to have, they are extras, so I will just wait and keep my eyes peeled and then when I see that it goes down to 75-90% on clearance, THAT's when I get it. I used to get christmas cards, but now they are just sitting in a box in the basement, b/c we get christmas photocards.

hellokitty
11-21-2006, 10:37 AM
TOYS!!!! I kind of do my christmas and birthday shopping after christmas, b/c the clearance is huge at places like target. I get nice sets of toys that are normally $100 for like $25, etc.. I also stock up on christmas stuff like wrapping paper, bows, etc.. However, I noticed that for that stuff there is an abundance of it, so you can wait until late feb/early march and get that for like 90% off. I got a ton of cute wrapping paper at factory card outlet two yrs ago for like 25 cents a roll and it wasn't the teeny rolls, they were the nice, big ones. So, I don't think I need to buy wrapping paper for at least another 5-7 yrs, lol. Oh, and my DH wanted to get some outdoor christmas decorating stuff (like those grapevine balls that have lights in them). However, I told him I don't want to pay full price for those... so we'll wait until they go on clearance this yr, and I'll get them so we can use them next yr. My motto is when it comes to toys/decoration type of things, I NEVER pay full price. Those are things that we don't, "have" to have, they are extras, so I will just wait and keep my eyes peeled and then when I see that it goes down to 75-90% on clearance, THAT's when I get it. I used to get christmas cards, but now they are just sitting in a box in the basement, b/c we get christmas photocards.