PDA

View Full Version : Another Bounce House Question

momofjandl
11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I have 2 very active boys ages 2 and 3, though my 3 year old is the size of a 5 yr old.

I was thinking of getting a bounce house for indoor use for the winter. So I would need something that could potentially fit in a room, but be taken down when not in use. If that makes sense.

I was wondering what you guys use if you have one, how big it is, how much of a pain it is, etc. I don't think one of those small ball pit things will work..unless it's sturdy and large as my oldest is so big. I think we would set it up in the living room and then take down.

Also, where did you get yours...how much..etc. I know there are a few deals on TRU for $99. I'd like to get one off those but didn't know if they needed to be staked down etc. And if I could find one for less than $99 all the better. :)

Thanks,
Ruth

zoestargrove
11-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Ruth,

I bought a bounce house last year at Kohl's for about $90. It is 8'x8' by 6' high. My sons were are were 1 and 2.5 last year when they got it.

overall, for the price I think we definitely got our moneys worth.

Its a little heavy to move all by myself, but I can do it. We fold it loosely and throw it into a rubbermaid plastic bin and store it in the garage when its not in use. It usually comes out a few days at a time. When it is plugged in and in operation takes up half the room, but when no one is inside, we turn it off and fold it up and leave it in the corner...after a few days, the boys seem to lose interest and off it goes into the garage again. During the summer we set it up in the yard a few times too...we staked it outside becuase of the wind, but didn't need to inside. It moved around a bit inside, but nothing too bad...although, this year might be different, they're older and jump/bounce more aggressively.

the only downside is that when it is set up and the boys are bouncing...we have to watch them like hawks. Before getting it, I envisioned it would be something they could do while I was in the same room doing something else, but it really requires closer supervision than that. If you can fit a larger sized one in your living room, it might help the issues we've had with crashing into each other.

hth, but feel free to ask me more questions,

Kelly

momofjandl
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm still looking as those ones on TRU online that were on sale are no longer available. I'm still not sure we can fit one. :)

momofjandl
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm still looking as those ones on TRU online that were on sale are no longer available. I'm still not sure we can fit one. :)

bnme
11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Walmart has a LT one for $120 if shipped to the store
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3560022

This is the cheapest I've found. I keep meaning to head over to TRU to see if they have any in the store, but I haven't yet.

bnme
11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Walmart has a LT one for $120 if shipped to the store
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3560022

This is the cheapest I've found. I keep meaning to head over to TRU to see if they have any in the store, but I haven't yet.

momofjandl
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks, I think I'll hold out and see if I can get a better deal since we don't really need one or have space. I just thought it might be great for indoors for the New England winter with two active boys.

I went to TRU in Framingham, MA and they only had the $200 one with the slide.

Ruth

momofjandl
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks, I think I'll hold out and see if I can get a better deal since we don't really need one or have space. I just thought it might be great for indoors for the New England winter with two active boys.

I went to TRU in Framingham, MA and they only had the $200 one with the slide.

Ruth

jray
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm looking for a Bounce House, too...of course, the ones I want are like mega $$$ - just for fun, look at the Safari Bouncer on Amazon! Whoa! :)

http://www.amazon.com/FantaSlides-FJC-501-01-Inflatable-Bouncer/dp/B000ITLM96/sr=8-2/qid=1164160337/ref=sr_1_2/102-3842925-6071327?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

jray
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm looking for a Bounce House, too...of course, the ones I want are like mega $$$ - just for fun, look at the Safari Bouncer on Amazon! Whoa! :)

http://www.amazon.com/FantaSlides-FJC-501-01-Inflatable-Bouncer/dp/B000ITLM96/sr=8-2/qid=1164160337/ref=sr_1_2/102-3842925-6071327?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

momofjandl
11-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Whoa! is right. Kinda makes you want to be a kid again doesn't it? Where were all these toys when I was a kid? ;)

momofjandl
11-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Whoa! is right. Kinda makes you want to be a kid again doesn't it? Where were all these toys when I was a kid? ;)