PDA

View Full Version : Where are you going for BLACK FRIDAY???

Corie
11-22-2006, 09:28 PM
I feel a little out-of-my-element since I am in a
new state. Where is everyone going for Black Friday???

Corie
11-22-2006, 09:28 PM
I feel a little out-of-my-element since I am in a
new state. Where is everyone going for Black Friday???

nicoleandjackson
11-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I surfed on Fat Wallet this afternoon to see some of the Black Friday previews, and I feel like there is no one place that I *must* get to at the crack of dawn. However, I will leisurely saunter over to Kohl's, Meijer, and TJ Maxx. I will avoid TRU like the plague, and I am waivering about going to Target (only because I have a 10% off your order coupon...)

GL!

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

nicoleandjackson
11-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I surfed on Fat Wallet this afternoon to see some of the Black Friday previews, and I feel like there is no one place that I *must* get to at the crack of dawn. However, I will leisurely saunter over to Kohl's, Meijer, and TJ Maxx. I will avoid TRU like the plague, and I am waivering about going to Target (only because I have a 10% off your order coupon...)

GL!

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

Corie
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey Nicole!

I haven't heard any buzz on deals that I must have! I'm bummed!

Last year, I woke Carson up at 5:30am and we headed out to
Bass Pro Shops. My husband wanted some flashlight that was
on sale. Then, we zoomed over to TRU for the Leapfrog Activity
Table deal.
Last, we stopped to get donuts and went home to sleep. :)

(Keep in mind that Carson was only 4 years old at the time
but she was very adamant about going with me!!)

Corie
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey Nicole!

I haven't heard any buzz on deals that I must have! I'm bummed!

Last year, I woke Carson up at 5:30am and we headed out to
Bass Pro Shops. My husband wanted some flashlight that was
on sale. Then, we zoomed over to TRU for the Leapfrog Activity
Table deal.
Last, we stopped to get donuts and went home to sleep. :)

(Keep in mind that Carson was only 4 years old at the time
but she was very adamant about going with me!!)

buddyleebaby
11-22-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm not going anywhere either. I've found that a lot of the black Friday sales stick around even after black Friday, and the ones that don't aren't worth waiting out in the cold for, especially with two kiddos!
I did all my shopping over the last couple of months when good deals came up and I am very pleased with the results. I plan to get up early, drink hot chocolate, and watch the madness from my window.

buddyleebaby
11-22-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm not going anywhere either. I've found that a lot of the black Friday sales stick around even after black Friday, and the ones that don't aren't worth waiting out in the cold for, especially with two kiddos!
I did all my shopping over the last couple of months when good deals came up and I am very pleased with the results. I plan to get up early, drink hot chocolate, and watch the madness from my window.

gr8danemom
11-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Nobody seems to have really good deals this year. I think I'm going to go to Kohl's and probably the mall but more for just going out for tradition sake. We always seem to have a great time and usually buy some stuff in the process. We give up by 10 am or so.

gr8danemom
11-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Nobody seems to have really good deals this year. I think I'm going to go to Kohl's and probably the mall but more for just going out for tradition sake. We always seem to have a great time and usually buy some stuff in the process. We give up by 10 am or so.

AmyZ
11-23-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty unimpressed with the deals this year. There is no place that I feel like I *have* to go... which is sort of a relief! :-) I may head out Sat. late morning to Target and Michaels (for b'day party craft supplies), but other than that, I am stalking a good deal on a new digital camera on the Dell website (Canon SD630).

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

AmyZ
11-23-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty unimpressed with the deals this year. There is no place that I feel like I *have* to go... which is sort of a relief! :-) I may head out Sat. late morning to Target and Michaels (for b'day party craft supplies), but other than that, I am stalking a good deal on a new digital camera on the Dell website (Canon SD630).

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Baby #2 on the way! EDD 1/25/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Momof3Labs
11-23-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm totally underwhelmed, too. DH is working tonight/tomorrow AM and I don't see anything worth dragging two kids out of bed for. Though Marshall's had a big flyer about all the toys they plan to stock; they open at 8am and we just might be there...

May hit Target too, but it depends on how things go. I need to go back to Learning Express (20% off of entire store) without the kids in tow, also.

Corie
11-23-2006, 09:19 PM
I really want to go to Learning Express too! Just gotta
figure out when to get there!

I want to get the Hide and Seek Safari for my daughter for
Christmas. And our Learning Express has it. :)

spanannie
11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Learning Express here had their 20% off of the store the 2 days before Thanksgiving. It was great. I loaded up for the kids and bought birthday gifts for their friends for the rest of the year.

billysmommy
11-23-2006, 09:53 PM
We're doing the mall - only because DH's present will be 20% off and they usually NEVER go on sale. he is getting an autographed Tom Brady photo, framed and matted. He will flip - now if I can only wait until Christmas to give it to him :). Then we are going to Michael's for all my Christmas cookie/present/open house making stuff. Then probably donuts and back home for a nap :)

Momof3Labs
11-23-2006, 10:30 PM
It started last Friday here. We were there, but with both kids in tow, my shopping was kinda limited.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
11-23-2006, 11:00 PM
I am going to the outlet mall with my sister. They open at midnight but we are planning on going at 5 AM, it is about 20 minutes away. We were going to go at midnight but i don't like driving at night, the cars from the lights give me migraines.

The mall has an Old Navy outlet, Banana Republic outlet, Bass, etc. I have lost alot of weight in the last year and i need some new winter clothes, all of my warm sweaters are huge on me.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061013/8QJ2.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/xZBrm7/.png[/img][/url]