PDA

View Full Version : what great deals did everyone get on BF?

dacaol
11-25-2006, 09:40 PM
I was wondering what everyone got on BF? I didn't see anything that I just had to have this year. I guess it is good for my husband. HA HA! I was bummed because I had so much fun last year on Black Friday.

calv
11-26-2006, 06:46 AM
I got a ton of toys at kohls. Yes their prices are inflated a bit but w/the additional 50% off it's the best deal in town and you get $10 kohls cash for every $50 that you spent so it's nice. I spent just over $100 but in my mind it's really $80. ;)

happy2bamom
11-26-2006, 11:02 AM
We saw a really good deal at Walmart for a 52" TV (it wasn't initially advertised). But, we were out-of-town and it was an in-store deal only so we weren't able to buy it. We checked-out our local Walmart once we got home, but it was a BF early-bird special only. Bummer!

I did buy some board games for my DS at Target for $3.99.

icunurse
11-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Portable DVD Player for $50 (after rebate)
Speakers for my ipod $40
Board games $2 (after rebate)

Can you tell that I went to Kohl's? :) I scored a bunch of other good deals, too. Plus I used my 15% off coupon and received Kohl's Cash back, so not bad at all...

buddyleebaby
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
I went to the drug store, later in the day, and got a lot of good deals through rebate offers, plus some at regular sale price.

I was able to get a lot of stuff to send overseas because it worked out to be so inexpensive.

Thatchermom
11-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm typing this on my new Black Friday laptop :)

My best friend and I usually get up early to get deals for the kids. This year, we stayed out all night at Circuit City (a childless night! But a very cold night!) to get ourselves Christmas presents. A new laptop for each of us! It was quite an adventure, not quite sure if it was fun yet.

We were in and out by 5:15 and made it to get the stuff for the kids in time, too. Games, little people, hot wheels and the like.

boys2enough
11-26-2006, 08:09 PM
>I'm typing this on my new Black Friday laptop :)
>
>My best friend and I usually get up early to get deals for the
>kids. This year, we stayed out all night at Circuit City (a
>childless night! But a very cold night!) to get ourselves
>Christmas presents. A new laptop for each of us! It was
>quite an adventure, not quite sure if it was fun yet.
>
>We were in and out by 5:15 and made it to get the stuff for
>the kids in time, too. Games, little people, hot wheels and
>the like.

WOW! Good for you! Were you there way way before the store opened then? The newspaper said that somewhere in Chicago a kid went there with his folding chair before midnight. LOL. He was first in line so he was able to get one of the ONLY 3 those massively-discounted notebook computers in that Circuit City. Can you imagine being the 4th person in line there? OMG. I would have been so pissed, waiting in line and not knowing that they only had 3!

You and your friend totally scored!!!!! :)

Cheers, Lin

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

boys2enough
11-26-2006, 08:15 PM
DH had the aspiration for about a month to get up early and wait outside either Best Buy or Circuit City for a nice big TV. I am glad he didn't. Those 2 stores tend to get swamped and the lines started forming even before midnight!

I was the one who ended up getting up early on BF. I wanted to score some digital picture frames. Alas. I couldn't find any on BF morning. I went to Target, Macy's, Linens n Things, and Kohl's. I guess they were one of the first things to go that morning.

I did get two of the Lego Knight's Kingdom set for $49.99 each. Nice bargain, but we really don't need any more Lego sets in the house. So I guess that's not a bargain after all. LOL.

I also waited in line to check out at Kohl's for about 40 minutes for some cashmere blankets (the ones that you use for the sofa). The lines were all the way to the back of the store! Insane. They advertised those blankets for $150 regular price. Yeah, right. They are nice enough for $39.99 each, which was what I paid for. I would have been upset if I had paid $150 for them.

So no earth-shattering finds on BF this year.

Cheers, Lin

gordo
11-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I scored 3 digital picture frames for $79(bought on-line at midnight at Office Depot) and then found another one at Carson's and decided I needed one for myself.

Portable DVD player for $59 after rebate at Radio Shack.

Regular DVD player for $19 after rebate at Sears.

9 mini digital video tapes for my camcorder - free after rebate at CC.

A bunch of clothes at Gymboree on-line at midnight for the 30% off and had another 20% of code.

bethwl
11-26-2006, 11:04 PM
32" LCD flat panel tv with high def for just under $400 after rebate. But OMG, we got to Microcenter at 5:30 am and we weren't out of there till 9:30 am. First, the parking lot was full when we got there (opening at 6 am); we were about 300 back in line. They gave out vouchers for products (X-Boxes, 37" tvs, 42" tvs, and a few laptops), then let people in the store about 50 at a time at 6 am. You had to get in line to pay for your item on the voucher (but if you had the voucher, you were guaranteed that product) and that line snaked around the whole store, then you had to get in a line in your car around to the back of the store where you picked up your tv from a loading dock. It took forever. It was orderly, I'll say that, they gave us coffee and donuts, but I was exhausted (I'm 32 weeks pregnant).

hellokitty
11-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't know if it was just me, but I thought the BF deals this yr were weak. There was nothing that I wanted so badly that I was willing to get up at 3am to wait in line for. My DH has done BF in the past before and gotten a few good deals. However, this yr, even my DH agreed that the deals did not seem as, "good" this yr as past yrs. So, obviously we decided to sleep in (well, DH did, I had to get up at 4am to nurse DS... guess I could have just stayed up and gone shopping, lol). My DH and my brother DID try to get the new xbox for $100 (there were only 1000 units) on amazon, but that was a wasted effort. My DH got a msg saying he did not get one, and my brother never got a message... his page just never re-loaded and error'd out, lol. At least they were able to do this over the internet (this was on thanksgiving day). Can you imagine millions of men and teenagers fighting for one of those xboxes at a B&M store??? CRAZY! I think there would be blood everywhere. Men and their videogames...

boys2enough
11-27-2006, 01:37 AM
My DH and my brother DID try to get the new xbox for
>$100 (there were only 1000 units) on amazon, but that was a
>wasted effort. My DH got a msg saying he did not get one, and
>my brother never got a message... his page just never
>re-loaded and error'd out, lol. At least they were able to do
>this over the internet (this was on thanksgiving day). Can
>you imagine millions of men and teenagers fighting for one of
>those xboxes at a B&M store??? CRAZY! I think there would be
>blood everywhere. Men and their videogames...

We tried that too. It was Thanksgiving day, 1 pm here in Chicago. I guess the family would understand if the dinner got delayed when the "boys" in the house were waiting anxiously in front of their computer? LOL. But it was crazy. My screen froze b/c the servers were so busy and overloaded. At 4 minutes past 1 pm, I finally got the screen refreshed and it said, Sorry. All Sold out. WOW! Not a surprise though.

Cheers, Lin

theloo
11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
I agree that the deals weren't that great this year. We were hoping for a nice digital camera, but didn't get one. We got a DVD player for $15 after rebate (old one keeps skipping) and a bunch of Huggies wipes LOL for $1 each.

mom to little e
11-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I did score a digital frame from Target for $68 for DH. We've decided since we are going all out on the kiddos' kitchen we are only going to do stockings this year. So he lucked out since I went shopping before we made this decision! :) They only had one left when I found it. I hope it is nice.

I did my annual Bath and Body Works stocking up of Wallflowers for $5/each and then went back on Saturday and stocked up on soap 5/$10.

Also got a few toys at TRU including the FP medical kit ($5) and used 3 coupons for some regularly priced things (WordWhammer, Pop Up Tent, and a stick horse).

Nothing momentus but pretty productive and fun (and I got out of the house while MIL was here driving me crazy!)

Maryann

Thatchermom
11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Midnight?! No way! We never would have gotten them if we came that late! DH and I were driving home from dinner around 7:30 and decided to swing by and see what lines were like at Best Buy and the like. Best Buy's line already went around the corner of the building. We were surprised there was only about 10-15 at Circuit City. In between the two, our friends called and were only minutes behind us on the freeway. We made a fast decision and I jumped out of the car and into line at around 8pm. She joined me a few minutes later, and the guys brought us back warm clothes, chairs and umbrellas after the kids went to bed and grandparents were around to babysit. The guys wimped out and went back home, we spent a very cold 9 hours waiting for our Christmas presents! By midnight there were probably 100 people in line. We got laptops 9 and 10 of 37 at our store. When the store opened at 5, the line was easily 500 people long. Crazy!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
11-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Yesterday my brother and father were at Best Buy waiting for a Nintendo Wii. They were #2 and 3 in line and the sales person said that they had 70.

We also got a nice Bissel Vaccum for $100 and a new toaster oven for $26.

On friday my sister and i went to an outlet mall and got a few clothing items, everything was so inexpensive because of the sale.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]