PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Tuff Peek a Boo Bags?

momofjandl
11-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Did anyone get their peek a boo bags yet? I ordered 4 on 11/15 and was told they would ship next day. I have not received them yet. I haven't cked my card to see if I was charged. But it's been a week and a half, or 1 week before the holiday.

I don't have a confirmation b/c it was done by phone. Any ideas?

TIA!
Ruth

calv
11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
I ordered mine that tue or wed and I think I got them that SAT. W/the holiday I'm sure they're behind. You should have received an email confirmation for the shipment. Did she ask for your email address?

juliasmom05
11-26-2006, 06:38 PM
I ordered mine around the same time and was told also that it was shipping the next day. I still have not received mine and last time I checked my credit card had not been charged. I was just going to call tomorrow to find out what happened to the order.

Marci

momofjandl
11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the response...she did not ask for an email.

My guess is that they got swamped with orders from the members here and perhaps I ordered a little late in the day. She seemed annoyed by my call when I called.

I'll try to give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Ruth

momofjandl
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
I think I'll try to give them a call tomorrow if I remember too. I'll post back what they say in case others are in the same boat.

Thanks for your response!
Ruth

holliam
11-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Yea, I ordered several too and they have not yet arrived. One was for a birthday party yesterday. doh!

Holli

juliasmom05
11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
I know she asked for my email, but I never got an email confirmation. I have to imagine that they got swamped and since they usually don't do phone orders, I wouldn't be surprised if some orders got lost. I'll let you know what I find out about my order.

Marci

Momof3Labs
11-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I ordered mine about 10 days ago, and they aren't here yet. She was shipping them either USPS or UPS, so perhaps it was slowed down because of T'giving? Let us know what you find out when you call!

punkadoodle2
11-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Was there a special on these bags? Just wondering the cost. I just bought one called eye spy for $12.99.

Hope you receive yours soon.

taraalissa
11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
What exactly are these bags? I went to their site and there is no info. But they sure do look cute. Can someone tell me?

Thanks

hudsonam
11-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I was starting to wonder too, because I have not been charged yet either. I think I ordered mine at the beginning of last week, or the end of the previous week.

calv
11-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I got charged right as it was shipped/received my shipment email.

taraalissa
11-27-2006, 10:24 AM
What are these bags? I can't find any info about them.

ctmom
11-27-2006, 11:00 AM
here is a link to the original post about the bags
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=62719&mode=full

HTH!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

taraalissa
11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
thanks

mom to little e
11-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I received mine about two days after I placed the phone order. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Maryann

momofjandl
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I just called, was hesitant to do so since so many of you had not received yours yet.

She couldn't find my order and is going to look and call me by tomorrow am. It's not that they don't have it per se, it's that they don't normally ship to individuals so they are not set up to do so..if that makes sense. She said they are not set up to do order confirmations either so I don't think anyone should be alarmed if they did not receive one. They usually sell large quantities to stores only.

She was trying to look at the USPS site to see if mine were shipped. It was working slow so again..she's going to get back to me.

When I hear I'll post more. But I wouldn't worry just yet if you haven't received yours.

HTH!
Ruth

kimbe
11-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Anyone hear anything yet? I ordered my bags on the 16th and I haven't received them yet. When I ordered, she said that they'd ship out the next day, but I don't think that they did. Called today and left a message, but still haven't heard anything. Anyone have any updates?

juliasmom05
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
I just called. Tried calling yesterday, but had laryngitis and couldn't leave a message.

I just got off the phone with her. The seamstress took an unexpected extended vacation over Thanksgiving and hasn't been able to sew them all. They should be shipping by the end of this week or beginning on next week. She was very apologetic on the phone and said she was in the process of calling everyone who had left messages to give them updates.

HTH

Marci

momofjandl
11-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I too received a message today (just now) from Suzy. She said she was sorry, they got backed up and that they would all go out by end of this week or early next week at the latest...as the above poster said.

Ruth

kimbe
11-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Just came home to the same message! Hooray they are on their way!!!!

kcimato
11-29-2006, 04:12 PM
I ended up calling and I got the message about the seamstress also.and she said they would be shipped on Thurs.

hudsonam
12-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I still haven't been charged for mine. :( I guess I better call on Monday. Anyone else still waiting to even be charged?

kimbe
12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I haven't been charged either. I was told that they were supposed to ship on Thursday. :(

juliasmom05
12-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Me neither, but I was told they would ship late in the week or early next week.

Marci

o_mom
12-02-2006, 10:36 PM
A good company will not charge until they ship. Sounds like they are backed up, but it can't hurt to call.

hudsonam
12-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks all! I'm definitely glad they didn't charge yet. I'm looking forward to the charge because that will mean they shipped. :)

calv
12-03-2006, 06:43 AM
I ordered as soon as I heard about these so I received my bags that same week. Just a few words of encouragement....they really are worth the wait.

my almost 3 year old LOVES the bag and I've only given her 1 out of the 3 I purchased. One is suppose to be a gift but I might end up keeping all 3 after all. They're well made and a lot of fun. IT's been a life saver when she's on the potty! ;)

kimbe
12-07-2006, 09:11 AM
I ordered the Thursday before Thanksgiving! Looks like our bags are on their way! Watch your mail!

holliam
12-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I ordered about the same time you did, and mine arrived yesterday. Very happy with the quality!

Holli

kcimato
12-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks for posting this I forgot all about it and will have to start looking for them.

momofjandl
12-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Ummmm...still haven't received them and haven't been charged as far as I know. Anyone else???

Ruth

juliasmom05
12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Still haven't received them, but my credit card was just charged today. I think I ordered mine on Nov. 16 or so. Hope you get yours soon.

Marci

kimbe
12-11-2006, 02:54 PM
I am sure that they are on their way...I ordered mine the Thursday before Thanksgiving and I received them on December 7th.

I hope that you get yours very soon!

momofjandl
12-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Ok...I called and she said per the USPS site that it arrived in my hometown today so we will see if I get them today or tomorrow. Mail comes late in the afternoon here.

I'll let you all know!
Ruth

kimbe
12-11-2006, 02:55 PM
almost a jinx! :)

momofjandl
12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
So it arrived today afterall. They are very cute. Though I did notice some were more filled with the poly beads than others. But other than that..they looked great. Just glad they came in time for Christmas.

On a side note, Suzy the one who answered the phone, was very kind and professional and said she was embarrassed that it took this long. So I would say the customer service there is great.

Ruth

juliasmom05
12-11-2006, 06:26 PM
We got ours today as well :). Glad you got yours as well.

Marci

kristenk
12-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm so glad you ended up with a positive experience. I feel oddly responsible for everyone's experience with Rumble Tuff! LOL

hudsonam
12-11-2006, 10:21 PM
I just got mine today! They seem really well made. I haven't taken them out of the plastic yet though, since they're gifts. I really wanted to though. ;)

Momof3Labs
12-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Finally got mine today, too, and I'm a bit bummed. I ordered the large size, 2 mystery, 1 boy, 1 girl and 1 genius. The genius and 1 mystery were made of VERY girly fabric, so now I have all of these that I can only really use as girl gifts, when I had planned to use them for both girls and boys. The other mystery was a cute, neutral fabric (will go to DS for XMas) and the boy one (which had probably half the pellets in it as the others) was definitely a boy fabric.

And no receipt in there to see how much shipping I was charged.

Ah, well, let's just hope for lots of invites to girl parties this coming year!

Hippoharbor
12-12-2006, 07:25 AM
I was a bit bummed with some of the fabric selections for mine, as well. Also, the large bags seem smaller than the 7"x7" listed. And, two of my bags have poor printing on the list of items (hard to read what some of the words are). I may call about that to see if I can get replacement parts. Re: shipping, I bought 4 bags and my total cost, with shipping was $42.

MIchelle

momofjandl
12-12-2006, 10:18 AM
My USPS bag says $9 shipping to MA and that was for 4 bags. But good point about there being no receipt.

Sorry that you got mostly girl fabric. Our 4 were on the boyish side. I for a girl was blue but had a heart print on it.

I still think they are cute, but not consistent in size, weight, etc. But I guess that's b/c they are handmade.

Sorry you weren't thrilled with yours.

Ruth

momofjandl
12-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Kristen,

I wouldn't feel responsible. I think it's always one of those things where people have different expectations. We all purchased because we wanted to and took that chance ourselves.

I think sometimes we let anticipation get the best of us and expect more and get disappointed when it doesn't turn out the way we anticipated.

I'm pretty easy to please. I just wanted the bags in time for christmas. :)

Ruth

kcimato
12-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I ordered 4 bags also. I got 1 for my grand daughter and her fabric was baseballs. The one I ordered for grandson was black with pink and purple stars. I ordered her the genius one and can't give it to DGHS because he has not clue as to numbers and letters. His has boy things in it such as a hammer etc. The other two bags were appropriate for the 2 other DGS. Arrrg

kristenk
12-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Lori, if you'd like to trade a girly peek-a-boo bag for a boyish one, let me know. I have a couple of mystery bags that I haven't opened yet. Most of the kids who I'll be giving them to are girls, so I wouldn't mind trading for a girly print.

I have one mystery bag with black on the back and then a red fabric with baseballs on the front. This bag is stuffed pretty full with pellets. It would definitely be more of a challenge than the under-stuffed bags. (Of course, I'm trying to manipulate things through the plastic, so it'll probably be a little easier without the wrapping!)

The other mystery bag is a light blue cord on front and back. It's sort of a pastel blue, so that might not be quite as boyish as some, but it's not pink and doesn't have flowers or hearts or anything like that on it. It doesn't have as many pellets in it, but it has about the same amount as the other bags that I have.

If you're interested in trading, let me know.