PDA

View Full Version : PBK sale--Taylor forks/spoons/knives and plates

jillmk
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks, I've been looking for more silverware for my kids! I was able to order 3 sets and they didn't charge me shipping (not sure why!) and it came to $15.87 after tax for 36 utensils--great deal!

momofjandl
02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
I too ordered 3 sets for the same price with no shipping. Great deal! I don't know if I need 3 sets, but at that price I can just put some away for later.

DH was on the bed and said "what are you doing..are you ordering stuff again..what are you ordering?" We just bought a house and are on a tight budget. I think I have to stop coming here. LOL!

Does anyone know if these utensils are dishwasher safe? I'm embarrassed to admit but I've been using the target $1 finds and they are starting to crack where the fork meets the plastic..and even starting to rust at that point too. But for a $1 I just throw them out. I do put those in the dishwasher.

Thanks again to the OP!
Ruth

nd93
02-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Thank you so much for posting this! You have to use the numbers to search, they don't pop up by searching "taylor" or "plates". I wish they had some bowls too on clearance! I bought one of everything, and was not charged shipping (that alone is a deal, their shipping is so high!).

Thanks!

nd93
02-11-2007, 08:57 AM
>Does anyone know if these utensils are dishwasher safe? I'm
>embarrassed to admit but I've been using the target $1 finds
>and they are starting to crack where the fork meets the
>plastic..and even starting to rust at that point too. But for
>a $1 I just throw them out. I do put those in the dishwasher.

I already have some of these utensils and they are dishwasher safe. Ours have not rusted, and the metal part of the utensil says "stainless" so they should be durable.

caleymama
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Thank you!

boys2enough
02-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Thank you so much for posting these great deals! I just purchased 5 sets total: am thinking that these would be great for party favors!

PLUS (BIG PLUS): they didn't charge me shipping either. I wonder what's going on? But I am not going to ask, kwim? LOL

Cheers, Lin

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

nupe
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Since I ordered over the phone and the saleswoman didn't tell me they were FS, I didn't realize they were FS. She told me I was charged shipping on these items, so she probably didn't know either. Sorry about that? I guess they are FS.

Nupe

writermama
02-11-2007, 12:59 PM
I just ordered one of each. In fact, yesterday I drove 1/2 hour to a PBK store to buy a set of the pink ones at full price (grrrr!).

Anyway, I already have a few turquoise plates and some pink utensils -- would anyone like me to post a photo to see the colors?

nd93
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
>Anyway, I already have a few turquoise plates and some pink
>utensils -- would anyone like me to post a photo to see the
>colors?

I would like a picture, if you wouldn't mind (even though I've already placed my order). Is the turquoise OK for a boy?

boys2enough
02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
>Since I ordered over the phone and the saleswoman didn't tell
>me they were FS, I didn't realize they were FS. She told me I
>was charged shipping on these items, so she probably didn't
>know either. Sorry about that? I guess they are FS.
>
>Nupe

Nupe,

You don't have to apologize at all. I am feeling bad (and guilty!) that you got charged shipping while I got free shipping! Do you think you should call back and ask to have your shipping waived? It won't hurt to try, right?

Cheers, Lin

GB
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this deal! Just picked up some utensils and plates for DS.

nupe
02-11-2007, 03:11 PM
The PBK phone saleswoman said the turquoise is good for a boy. She had them for her grandkids.

nupe
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your concern. I don't know if I was charged shipping or not b/c I placed a >$200 order that day--Lin--you got me started with the chess set! Then i saw the train sheets and duvet cover. I had never seen a train duvet before--only quilts (which are not mod enough for me!) so I was sold on it. Etc. Etc. I usually don't look for bedding at PBK because it is priced so high. Anyway, then I got some plates/utensils. So when i get my order I'll be able to reconstruct the shipping--maybe it was free?

On a side note:
I did *inquire* about placing the chess set as a separate order since I knew it had FS, in hopes that I would get it sooner. The saleswoman discouraged me from doing that--I wonder if her compensations is linked to more high dollar orders rather than several low dollar orders.
Nupe

nd93
02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
>The PBK phone saleswoman said the turquoise is good for a
>boy. She had them for her grandkids.

Thanks! Again, thanks for posting this.

writermama
02-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Here's a photo of a turquoise plate (shown here on the matching PBK vinyl placemat)
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p285/writermamaBBB/PBK/taylorplate.jpg

Here's a photo of the bright pink utensil set
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p285/writermamaBBB/PBK/taylorutensils.jpg

Flash photos, so not perfect colors, but you get the general idea.

I would have no problem using the turquoise plate with a boy. I also like them with the pink utensils for my girl. The plates are great -- food doesn't touch when kids are in picky eater phases and they're dishwasher safe (not microwave, though). I've been using them and the utensils since last spring and they look great.

nd93
02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks! Those look great. I have 1 boy 2 girls so I got both colors. I already have a set in bright pink, light pink, green, and blue, but we are always running out of forks. At this price it was worth buying! And now I can get rid of the plastic ones from IKEA.

boys2enough
02-12-2007, 01:53 AM
My bad! I should apologize to your wallet then. LOL

It's really easy to go crazy when you see stuff on sale on PBK website that you have been eyeing for. :) In January I purchased a whole set of A to Z beddings for DS2. Would love to have the quilt, but even on sale, it's still $140. Yikes!

Cheers, Lin

taraalissa
02-12-2007, 08:13 AM
That's so funny- I also bought these with the intention of throwing away the plastic ones from ikea, although I know I won't actually be able to bring myself to throw them away. I'm sure I will just stick them somewhere never to be used again.

BargainMomforLuke
02-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing the deal, the free shipping, and pictures!

Natalie

ctmom
02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
What age do you think these are appropriate for? I would love to pick up a few sets for my girls and I called pb, but she couldn't really tell me, all she said was they "aren't for babies and they might be kind of small for a 6 year old", but she wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

nd93
02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
>What age do you think these are appropriate for? I would
>love to pick up a few sets for my girls and I called pb, but
>she couldn't really tell me, all she said was they "aren't for
>babies and they might be kind of small for a 6 year old", but
>she wasn't sure.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mary
>dd#1 2/01
>dd#2 12/03

My 3, 5, and 7 yr olds use them and like them. My 7 yr old can use the knives, I don't let the younger two use them. If all we had was a 7 yr old I would just let her use regular silverware, but with 3 kids and all the friends it's nice to have the brightly colored ones. The fork size is great for my 3 yr old - he's too big for the tiny toddler ones, but an adult salad fork has too long a handle.

MaddiesMommy
02-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Mary,

If I remember correctly, I think I saw these in the store a while ago. I think they are bigger than the typical toddler fork and spoon sets (usually have characters on them, maybe by First Years?). I would say they'd be appropriate for ages 3-5 years old. They'd probably be fine for your 6 yr old dd, especially if you think regular sized utensils are too big for her. Maybe someone else who already owns them can give you a better answer.

HTH at least a little!

Janine

mama2g03
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks so much to the OP for this post. I ordered a set of utensils in each color and the plates in pink yesterday. Don't know what I was thinking by not getting the blue plates, too, so I went back and bought those today. I am going to pack away all of the other non PBK plates so my cabinet will look so nice and neat - at least one thing in the house will be now! Thanks again.

nupe
02-14-2007, 08:18 AM
For my 2 yo, instead of knives, I give him spreaders, the kind that I use for parties. I bought an inexpensive set with a colorful design. That way, he feels like he is taking part in everything that we are, including putting butter on his bread, etc.

Nupe

nofeea
02-14-2007, 09:21 AM
My DD has been begging for these. (She used one at Grandma's house). Where did you find them?

taraalissa
02-14-2007, 11:39 AM
The package just arrived. The plates are larger than I expected. What a great deal! The silverware seems really sturdy. Thanks OP!

nupe
02-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I have bought some before at places like Crate and Barrel. I bought the ones for DS at Tuesday Morning on deep discount. Mine are not sharp. Mine are not dishwasher safe.

I've seen them in dept stores like Belks in the kitchenware area. I bet you can get some deals on holiday colors/patterns.

Some examples:
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=752&f=14009&q=spreader&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

These are dishwasher safe:
http://www.amazon.com/4-Pc-French-Cafe-Spreaders/dp/B000BWMZGY/sr=8-18/qid=1171476202/ref=sr_1_18/104-9121411-2166338?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen

These are pretty, and on sale:
http://www.lenox.com/cat/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod&cat=sale&subcat=clr&flt=huge&pid=7300&kf=117

And these are so pretty:
http://www.lenox.com/cat/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod&&pid=21892&kf=1

Nupe

New_Orleans
02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
>>Does anyone know if these utensils are dishwasher safe?

I have had a set for a couple of years and had always put them in the silverware basket of the dishwasher, but the plastic on the fork did crack for me! I got another set about a year ago and have been careful to put them only in the utensil rack on the top shelf of the dishwasher where they have done fine.

My experience has been a little different since mine did crack and no one else's seems to have done that. Does anyone know if they would replace them at the store since they did? (Just an idea!)

Sheila

ChefGirl
02-14-2007, 05:17 PM
>My experience has been a little different since mine did crack
>and no one else's seems to have done that. Does anyone know
>if they would replace them at the store since they did? (Just
>an idea!)

I had a spoon crack on me. I kept the set in a zippy bag and finally remembered to bring them with me to the store. I showed them what happed to the spoon. It just cracked and split open. They told me to pick out a set to replace my old ones. So, just bring yours to the store. They should be able to replace them. HTH>

caleymama
02-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. They're so cute! Can't wait to receive mine tomorrow. Turquoise utensils for us and turquoise plates for at Grandma's. I'm so tired of hearing arguments over the 2 similar sets of utensils we have currently so hopefully these will do the trick!

BargainMomforLuke
02-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Mine came today and the turquoise are very cute. The plates are a lot bigger than I expected. They are the same size as the plates DH and I use. Overall, a great deal!

Pennylane
02-16-2007, 07:04 AM
I purchased a few sets of these a month or two ago. The metal part on the fork in 2 out of 3 sets broke off with the first two weeks of using them. OF course , my DH threw them in the trash before I could take them back to the store. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks,
Ann

willow33
02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
We've had two sets for about a year and never had a problem with them. I would definitely return them for a refund if it happens again.

writermama
02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I just had the red handle of one fork snap in half after about 4 months of use. We have another set (bright pink) used in more frequent rotation for a year with no problems -- I think it was just a defective fork. I plan to call PBK today (I ordered online).

Just out of curiosity, what color was your broken set?

Pennylane
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
One was pink and the other was blue. I was so bummed, my DC had only used them a few times.

Ann

nd93
02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
My plates and utensils arrived today - love the colors, and the plates are so sturdy. The kids love them.

Pennylane - I would call PBK and tell them what happened and ask for replacements. I was sent defective picture frames one time and they sent out new ones and told me to keep the defective ones. Can't hurt to try.

mominjune
02-17-2007, 10:55 AM
I received my order yesterday and think they are great! (a bunch of pink silverware, one set of pink plates, and only one set of turq utensils).

I immediately got back online to order matching plates for the plate-less utensil sets as they are really cute as a set and great for presents. And free shipping! :) No more turquoise utensils left, but luckily that wasn't what I "needed".

Incidently, I was in the store PBK last night and just one plate is $7.50 and one set of utensils (one fork, knife and spoon set) is $3.50 set what a deal! Thanks Nupe!

smzapalac
02-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. I just ordered a couple of sets and wasn't charged shipping. Really appreciate you going out of your way to post this info.

Eloise36
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
2/21 update:

Called this morning. They have the pink but not the turquoise utensils and plates. They also have the Fairfax lunch bags for $5.99 and Fairfax backpacks for $24.99

Thank you so much for posting this deal!!!

alien_host
02-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I received my shipment yesterday, the turq utensils are on back order for me. The plates are really nice though, it would even be fun for an adult (I'm thinking outdoor eating on the deck) eventhough the compartments might be a bit small for grownups.

ETA: Thanks for posting this deal, where are my manners?

teddy
02-21-2007, 06:53 PM
I received my turq plates the other day also AND an email cancelling my turq untensils, saying they won't be back in stock. Did you get any word from PBK?

And yes, thanks for posting the deal!

nupe
02-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Lin had posted about sale item in ATH, which led me to calling in an order for some other things. I also learned about these sale items (by phone or type in the item number below for the sale price):

Taylor utensils, set of 12 (4 place settings) for 4.99
Search on item number 68-6616031 (turq) or 68-6616528 (pink)

Taylor round divided melamine plates, set of 4 for 8.99, they do stack
Search on item number 68-6517726 (turq) or 68-6519391 (pink)

Remember, they do charge for shipping.
Nupe

nupe
02-22-2007, 12:34 PM
You are welcome.

I thought the PBK plates would be smaller. We are enjoying them. They are the same size, with almost the same compartment dimentions as melamine adult plates I bought last year for outdoor use from Bed Bath Beyond!

Nupe

babybunny
02-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I received the plates too and also got the email saying that the turquoise utensils were also now out of stock (i.e. forget the backorder possibility)

hudsonam
02-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I did a search for the turquoise utensils, and they aren't coming up. :( They must be sold out.

ETA: Duh, I just read all the posts. :P

Twoboos
02-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I stumbled on the Taylor placemats as well. Need some more vinyl placemats around here, these kids are messy eaters! :-)

Item 95-7928906 $8.99/set of 4, they are multistriped and should match both/either the turq and pink from the looks of the pic.

They might not have free ship, I am getting charged shipping for plates/utens/mats. But for under $30 w/shipping I feel OK. :-)

nd93
02-24-2007, 01:07 PM
>I stumbled on the Taylor placemats as well. Need some more
>vinyl placemats around here, these kids are messy eaters! :-)
>
>
>Item 95-7928906 $8.99/set of 4, they are multistriped and
>should match both/either the turq and pink from the looks of
>the pic.
>

I would really like to hear what you think of the placemats when you get them - do they indeed match the turq/pink plates. I was so tempted to get those. Thanks!!

nupe
02-24-2007, 04:10 PM
We don't have the Taylor placemats. We have the PBK holiday ones that had Santa on them. They are thick and oversized compared to the Crocodile Creek ones we use. They wipe down easily. The Taylor ones (if they are same quality as the santa ones) are certainly a good deal at that price in my opinion.

Nupe