PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good sites for grocery store coupons?

jess_g
02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
We spend a lot of money at the grocery store and I was wondering if there any online sites where you can print out coupons for products and then use the coupons at the grocery store? I am looking for coupons for things like chicken soup not for coupons for a specific grocery store or chain.

Thanks,

Jessica

missym
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Hot Coupon World has a searchable database which includes links to many printable coupons. Coupons.com is a pretty reliable source of good coupons, as is SmartSource.

http://www.hotcouponworld.com
http://www.coupons.com
http://smartsource.com

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

** Want to discuss political/social issues with other parents? Join the Purple Project! Send an email to: [email protected] **

cjones15
02-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Have you ever looked into the Grocery Game? I've been doing it since Oct and love it!! I save $100 a week or more.

www.thegrocerygame.com

(Edited by mod to add direct link)

cjones15
02-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to add if you have any questions on how the game works feel free to ask. I'm not looking for a referral in any way. Just wanted to share the site and offer to answer any questions.

mollys_mommy
02-25-2007, 04:28 PM
www.boodle.com

www.smartsource.com

i also often find coupons to print at specific manufacturer websites...IE robitussin had printables a few weeks ago.

i looked into that grocery game but was deterred because it costs money to join and its not really applicable in my area. i do quite well teaming up with a few friends and we pour over fliers together, and make lists/coupon orders together...that way we don't miss sales. we're also fortunate to live in an area that doubles coupons up to .99 automatically!

jess
03-01-2007, 08:43 AM
If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how the game works? I looked on the website, but was slightly confused...Thanks!

jess
03-01-2007, 08:43 AM
If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how the game works? I looked on the website, but was slightly confused...Thanks!

cjones15
03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry if this turns kinda long -- You can enter in your zip code on the home page to see what stores near you participate. If you sign up those are the stores who's list you will recieve. You can sign up for a trial that last 4 weeks and only cost $1. In the 4 weeks you are allowed to have list for all the stores that are available to your zip code. Each store's list comes out on a different day. All of mine (Tom Thumb, Kroger, Albertson's) comes out on Saturday. The shopping days to use them is Sunday - Tuesday. The list shows what items the store has on sale (and combines them with coupons that have come out in the mail) that week. It catagorizes them by color -- black items (item is on sale for an ok price but not a great price), blue items (item is on sale and is probably the lowest it will be on sale so you should buy as many as possible to stock up), green (item is free!!). The list are normally several pages long. You only select the items your family will use. Normally once I pick out what my family uses the list is 1-3 pages long. The key is to buy multiple newpapers for the coupons so you have multiple of each one so you can buy more then just one item. The whole idea is to stockpile. Buy the item when it's the cheapest so it doesn't cost you. Does this make sense? Yes, you can look at the flyers the grocery stores put out and match them with coupons but a lot of times it's best to wait a week or two to use them when the item goes on sale for a better price. The people who make the list track the sales trends for the store and will know if it's a good sale price or not. The reason the grocery store sales start on Thursday and the list doesn't come out until Saturday is because of two reason's -- 1, The list makes goes to the store to look for unadvertised deals 2, You wait until you get the Sunday paper for the coupons to use. After the 4 week trial it does cost to get the list. The cost is $10 for the first store and $5 for each additional store. You are only billed every 8 weeks so that really isn't bad. I've been doing it since October and the lowest amount I have every saved was $60. I have saved over $200 before. I'm not the best at explaining things so let me know if you have any questions or if I confused the heck out of ya!

cjones15
03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry if this turns kinda long -- You can enter in your zip code on the home page to see what stores near you participate. If you sign up those are the stores who's list you will recieve. You can sign up for a trial that last 4 weeks and only cost $1. In the 4 weeks you are allowed to have list for all the stores that are available to your zip code. Each store's list comes out on a different day. All of mine (Tom Thumb, Kroger, Albertson's) comes out on Saturday. The shopping days to use them is Sunday - Tuesday. The list shows what items the store has on sale (and combines them with coupons that have come out in the mail) that week. It catagorizes them by color -- black items (item is on sale for an ok price but not a great price), blue items (item is on sale and is probably the lowest it will be on sale so you should buy as many as possible to stock up), green (item is free!!). The list are normally several pages long. You only select the items your family will use. Normally once I pick out what my family uses the list is 1-3 pages long. The key is to buy multiple newpapers for the coupons so you have multiple of each one so you can buy more then just one item. The whole idea is to stockpile. Buy the item when it's the cheapest so it doesn't cost you. Does this make sense? Yes, you can look at the flyers the grocery stores put out and match them with coupons but a lot of times it's best to wait a week or two to use them when the item goes on sale for a better price. The people who make the list track the sales trends for the store and will know if it's a good sale price or not. The reason the grocery store sales start on Thursday and the list doesn't come out until Saturday is because of two reason's -- 1, The list makes goes to the store to look for unadvertised deals 2, You wait until you get the Sunday paper for the coupons to use. After the 4 week trial it does cost to get the list. The cost is $10 for the first store and $5 for each additional store. You are only billed every 8 weeks so that really isn't bad. I've been doing it since October and the lowest amount I have every saved was $60. I have saved over $200 before. I'm not the best at explaining things so let me know if you have any questions or if I confused the heck out of ya!