PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing $64 shipped

Jo..
02-24-2007, 08:14 AM
run run run run!
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=99928&rc=froogle99928

kimbe
02-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Amazing deal Jo! Thanks so much! You rock!

Thatchermom
02-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I was just coming to post this! We didn't have a swing last time and I swore I would never do it again without trying one. Too bad DH is still unemployed - no deal for us today! I was hoping to help someone else but you beat me to it :)

spunkybaby
02-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks--I just ordered one! We've been borrowing a cradle swing from a friend, but it's pretty old and is starting to creak like it's on its last legs, so this is great timing!

Mom to a spunky toddler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)

daniele_ut
02-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I caved and ordered one yesterday too. I just couldn't pass up the price. I figured if dh freaked, I would give it to a friend who just had twins until we need it again. I just got a notice from BabyUniverse that mine id backordered, though. I really hope they don't cancel it!

spunkybaby
02-25-2007, 11:15 PM
What time did you order yours? The Baby Universe web site now says the swing costs $125 and is out of stock. I haven't received an e-mail, and my order status says that the swing is paid for and will be shipped by ground. I certainly hope that BU honors yesterday's price...

ETA: I just got a backordered e-mail. Hope it comes. I've read some dubious things about Baby Universe though as a reseller.

mariza
02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
>ETA: I just got a backordered e-mail. Hope it comes. I've read
>some dubious things about Baby Universe though as a reseller.

Can you clarify what you mean by "reseller"? I've only ordered diaper bags from them in the past and have been very happy. I ordered the swing (and got the backorder email) for a friend as an early baby gift and now I'm nervous. What have you heard? I'm wondering if I should just cancel the order and get her something else since I haven't called BRU yet to have them take this off her registry. Thanks!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

spunkybaby
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I found a thread at Fat Wallet (do a google search for "fatwallet papasan baby universe") about this deal, and there was some discussion about how Baby Universe may not be the greatest at customer service and is actually known for "posting great prices for things that are either limited stock, on back order, or just plain out of stock. Also, they do not send emails to inform you of this. They simply charge your credit or debit card and leave you waiting. It then becomes your responsiblity to call and check on the order, as well as to make sure that your money has been credited back."

You can see some feedback about Baby Universe here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/BabyUniverse

I did some more searches about Baby Universe (googled "baby universe back order"), and it seems that while people have mixed experiences, the low price/back order scenario typically leads to frustration. So I'm no longer optimistic that I'll receive this swing any time soon for $64. :(

kimbe
02-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I just got off the phone with cs from Babyuniverse. I was only on hold for about 25 minutes. (Speakerphoned it and made DD lunch.)

The person I talked to said that Babyuniverse is expected to have the swings in their distribution wharehouse on 3/20. This date was given to them by the manufacturer and he said that it is a firm date. He said the price will be honored. He also said that if I wanted to, I could check back with cs in a week or two because they often get the items sooner than promised. You can also wait for your tracking number to be sent. I ended the call by saying "I just want to make sure that I am actually going to get the swing at the price I was charged." He said that I will definitely get it.

I don't know if that is hogwash or not, but the gentleman that I spoke to was very helpful and very nice. I'll give it until the 20th and take it from there. Hopefully we'll all get our swings way before then!

Edited for spelling.

spunkybaby
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info--that's very helpful. I guess we'll just wait and see!

MissyL11
02-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I just checked the status of my order at baby universe and it says my order was cancelled. Has anyone else noticed this? I was really hoping to get it.

kimbe
02-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Rats, just checked my order status and it also says that it has been cancelled. And the guy on the phone this morning told me that the order was active. I am going to give them a call again tomorrow to make sure that they have applied a credit to my card if it doesn't show up by then.

Oh well, too good to be true and I really didn't need the swing anyway! I read on fatwallet that Amazon had the swing for $84 a couple months ago, we will all just have to wait for another deal.

MissyL11
02-28-2007, 07:24 AM
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. Let me know what they say about applying the credit to your credit card. My credit still has not shown up yet. Thanks

Missy

mariza
02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I am really upset with these people. I orderd the swing as a baby gift, then called BRU to have them take it off my friends registry. I can't afford to get her the swing at full price so I was really excited.
I got an email from them saying that it was out of stock, but nothing about cancelling my order. I ordered the swing on the 25th, on the 26th they charged my card. I checked my order on the website today to see they cancelled it. I checked at 9am, so they obviously cancelled my order yesterday or early today. Why would they charge the card knowing this was going to happen?
I called to complain, the guy read me a statement that he said he got from thier offices (dated today- 2/28) saying they sometimes have pricing errors and they reserve the right to cancel the order. I scoured the website and didn't see anything that says they do this. Plenty of comments like "our reason for existing is to make you, our customer happy" yeah. right.
I asked to speak to someone else and the guy took my number and said he would have someone call me back. That was at 9am, it's now almost 7pm.
I called Fisher Price to tell them about it. I know there is nothing they can do, but wanted them to know what one of their retailers was up to. The woman was very empathetic and said she would file a report to upper management. I know it doesn't help me any, but it made me feel a little better.
I'm ready to move on to the Better Business Bureau. Grrrr.
I just feel bad, cuz if my friend looked at her registry, she's thinking someone got her swing, now I have to call BRU and see if they can add it back on.
Baby Universe did say they would give me a 15% code to use on all future purchases to make up for it, but I will never buy from them again x(

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

spunkybaby
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. So frustrating! My order was cancelled too, but at least it was only a swing for me. I feel bad for you (and your friend) too. :( I'm staying away from Baby Universe in the future also.

mariza
03-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I got the email today confirming that my order was cancelled. It says "I have looked into the status of your recent order and have confirmed that it was cancelled and fully refunded."
I checked my bank, which is really good about showing all pending transactions immediately. There is no credit pending.
I also checked the better business bureau and they have 62 complaints in the last 36 months.
I'm woking on my complaint now.
Here's the report:
http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000011003453&ComName=BabyUniverse%2C+Inc%2E

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

mariza
03-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I got the email today confirming that my order was cancelled. It says "I have looked into the status of your recent order and have confirmed that it was cancelled and fully refunded."
I checked my bank, which is really good about showing all pending transactions immediately. There is no credit pending.
I also checked the better business bureau and they have 62 complaints in the last 36 months.
I'm woking on my complaint now.
Here's the report:
http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000011003453&ComName=BabyUniverse%2C+Inc%2E

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

MissyL11
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I got the same email too. My charge card has not been credited yet. I am going to give it to monday and then file a complaint with the credit card company. I am also going to write a complaint to the BBB.

MissyL11
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I got the same email too. My charge card has not been credited yet. I am going to give it to monday and then file a complaint with the credit card company. I am also going to write a complaint to the BBB.

kimbe
03-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I talked to customer service this morning and Maria told me that my card was credited on 2/28. I have not seen the credit show up online yet. (I made a purchase with the card yesterday also and that hasn't posted either so I expect it will be all good tomorrow.) I will check again tomorrow and if it isn't there I will be calling them back that is for sure.

I hope that everyones statement works out soon. What a mess this is! What a horrible way to run a business! I won't be ordering from there again. They can keep their 15% code. I won't be posting it on the bargain board either! They don't deserve the business and no one deserves a headache!

kimbe
03-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I talked to customer service this morning and Maria told me that my card was credited on 2/28. I have not seen the credit show up online yet. (I made a purchase with the card yesterday also and that hasn't posted either so I expect it will be all good tomorrow.) I will check again tomorrow and if it isn't there I will be calling them back that is for sure.

I hope that everyones statement works out soon. What a mess this is! What a horrible way to run a business! I won't be ordering from there again. They can keep their 15% code. I won't be posting it on the bargain board either! They don't deserve the business and no one deserves a headache!

mariza
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Looks like they are at least trying to redeem themselves:
Dear Valued Baby Universe Customer,
In light of the responses we have received regarding the cancellation of the orders for the Fisher Price Papasan Swing, we are working on a better resolution for you our customer. We are working with our distribution department to acquire inventory of the Papasan Swing. At this time, we do not have any in stock, due to the overwhelming responses we have received for this product. We have decided to offer three choices to you as a better resolution to how your order was handled.

Have the order fulfilled at the price of 63.99 (plus any applicable taxes) once the inventory has been acquired.
Receive a gift certificate for the amount of the product to be applied towards another purchase with Baby Universe.
Leave the order as it stands now as cancelled and credited.

Please reply to this e-mail by Monday March 5, 2007, so we may proceed with rectifying this situation. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the way in which these orders were handled.

Laura Hendrickson

I'm tempted to wait it out and take the swing, but still wary since they won't promise me they'll get more in stock by June. Or, I'm tempted to be selfish and use the gift certificate to buy a Kinderzeat for DD (although I'm not thrilled with the thought of giving them more of my money!
I think I'll call Fisher Price and see when they are shipping out to Baby Universe. That info will help make my decision.

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

mariza
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Looks like they are at least trying to redeem themselves:
Dear Valued Baby Universe Customer,
In light of the responses we have received regarding the cancellation of the orders for the Fisher Price Papasan Swing, we are working on a better resolution for you our customer. We are working with our distribution department to acquire inventory of the Papasan Swing. At this time, we do not have any in stock, due to the overwhelming responses we have received for this product. We have decided to offer three choices to you as a better resolution to how your order was handled.

Have the order fulfilled at the price of 63.99 (plus any applicable taxes) once the inventory has been acquired.
Receive a gift certificate for the amount of the product to be applied towards another purchase with Baby Universe.
Leave the order as it stands now as cancelled and credited.

Please reply to this e-mail by Monday March 5, 2007, so we may proceed with rectifying this situation. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the way in which these orders were handled.

Laura Hendrickson

I'm tempted to wait it out and take the swing, but still wary since they won't promise me they'll get more in stock by June. Or, I'm tempted to be selfish and use the gift certificate to buy a Kinderzeat for DD (although I'm not thrilled with the thought of giving them more of my money!
I think I'll call Fisher Price and see when they are shipping out to Baby Universe. That info will help make my decision.

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

spunkybaby
03-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Hmm...I haven't received that e-mail yet, but I also never called Baby Universe's customer service number. I wonder if the e-mail is only being sent to certain customers (those who complained) or if I'll receive the e-mail also. I agree--it would be tempting to either wait for the swing (but who knows if you'll actually receive it) or use the credit (but I'm reluctant to give them more business also). If you call Fisher-Price, please let us know what you hear!

Thanks!

spunkybaby
Hmm...I haven't received that e-mail yet, but I also never called Baby Universe's customer service number. I wonder if the e-mail is only being sent to certain customers (those who complained) or if I'll receive the e-mail also. I agree--it would be tempting to either wait for the swing (but who knows if you'll actually receive it) or use the credit (but I'm reluctant to give them more business also). If you call Fisher-Price, please let us know what you hear!

Thanks!

daniele_ut
Mariza - I still haven't received that email, and I just fired off another one to customer service asking if they were planning to honor that for me as well. I don't need the swing right away anyway, so I am willing to wait.

daniele_ut
Mariza - I still haven't received that email, and I just fired off another one to customer service asking if they were planning to honor that for me as well. I don't need the swing right away anyway, so I am willing to wait.

mariza
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
It must only be the complainers, because I also got a personal phone call from a CS rep today. Pick up those phones ladies, or send them an email!

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

mariza
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
It must only be the complainers, because I also got a personal phone call from a CS rep today. Pick up those phones ladies, or send them an email!

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

spunkybaby
03-03-2007, 01:26 AM
OK--I just sent a complaint e-mail through the Baby Universe web site. I'll let you know if I get the same offer you did.

The swing charge was refunded on my credit card today, so at least I'm not out any money...just a waste of time and a lot of frustration and disappointment. Ugh. Baby Universe has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth!

spunkybaby
03-03-2007, 01:26 AM
OK--I just sent a complaint e-mail through the Baby Universe web site. I'll let you know if I get the same offer you did.

The swing charge was refunded on my credit card today, so at least I'm not out any money...just a waste of time and a lot of frustration and disappointment. Ugh. Baby Universe has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth!

spunkybaby
03-03-2007, 01:28 AM
My credit showed up today. The transaction was dated 2/28 and was posted to my CC account on 3/2.

spunkybaby
03-03-2007, 01:28 AM
My credit showed up today. The transaction was dated 2/28 and was posted to my CC account on 3/2.

mariza
03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I opted to wait for the swing. For some reason I got it in my head that they were offering me a free $67 credit, then I remembered, *it's my money*! (I swear I don't use the brain God gave me sometimes :) )

I'm not about to give them any more money, I just want what I paid for and be done with them.

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

mariza
03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I opted to wait for the swing. For some reason I got it in my head that they were offering me a free $67 credit, then I remembered, *it's my money*! (I swear I don't use the brain God gave me sometimes :) )

I'm not about to give them any more money, I just want what I paid for and be done with them.

Mariza
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

spunkybaby
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Good point. That was a confusing e-mail! Glad you figured it out before you gave them more money!

spunkybaby
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Good point. That was a confusing e-mail! Glad you figured it out before you gave them more money!

kimbe
03-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow! I am a complainer and I didn't get that email. I complained on the phone about the backorder and on the phone about the cancellation. I also emailed a complaint, but NEVER heard a thing back from BU.

To be honest though, I think that I would rather spend more money somewhere else than give a dime to their business.

If you wait --- I hope that you get the swing!! Please keep us posted!!

kimbe
03-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow! I am a complainer and I didn't get that email. I complained on the phone about the backorder and on the phone about the cancellation. I also emailed a complaint, but NEVER heard a thing back from BU.

To be honest though, I think that I would rather spend more money somewhere else than give a dime to their business.

If you wait --- I hope that you get the swing!! Please keep us posted!!

daniele_ut
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
After the pp shared the text of the email that she received from Baby Universe, I called and spoke to a CSR who claimed again that there were no backorders and the cancellation was my only option. I read her the text of the email and told her the name of the CSR and forwarded her the text of the email. I promptly received an email back saying that I would receive the swing at the discounted price, but it would be 8-12 weeks out. I received several more emails updating the status of the items over the next couple of weeks and then a call on Friday to pay for the swing. It shipped Friday and arrived to me on Tuesday in good shape.

I wasn't happy with BU at first, but they handled my complaints and the re-order very well and professionally.

kimbe
03-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Wow good for you! At least someone got the deal. I complained (nicely) by email and to several CSRs and nothing was ever done except for a credit to my account.

I am so glad that you got the swing.

mariza
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
The swing I ordered for my friend has shipped as well and is scheduled to arrived at her house on the 3rd. I've been waiting to post because I wanted to wait and see if they would actually send it. Even though I am happy that I got the swing in the end, I will still not purchase from BU again.

After I posted the initial email I got from their CS, I got another email saying that they didn't know when the swing would be available because Fisher Price was back-ordered and they could not get the inventory.
This sounded odd to me because in my experience when a manufacturer is backordered, it's hard to find the product in any store (like the TMX Elmo's at Christmas) so I decided to call FP myself. The CS rep at Fisher Price told me that they had plenty of inventory and that BU gets their inventory from a distributer, not from FP.
I decided to call Baby Universe's bluff and I called their CS telling them that I didn't understand why they couldn't get inventory from FP as I just spoke to FP and they advised me that 1.) they had plenty of stock and 2.) they did not directly supply BU
The BU rep told me she would talk to someone in the "inventory dept" and call me back.
Within and hour, I got this email:

I have very good news for you. I have just received an update from our distribution team and the President of Baby Universe. We will be receiving the Papasan Swings within the next 2-3 weeks. As soon as we receive the inventory of this product I will be contacting you to obtain payment information. Once we receive the inventory and I process the new order your swing will ship from our distribution center within 24-48 hours. I am very sorry for the conflicting e-mails that I have sent out about when the item will be restocked. This is the most current information I have been given."

I was pretty happy with that, but then wondered why they needed my payment info since I was never refunded in the first place. That took another 2 phone calls to clear up. Though they still called me on the 26th to ask me for a credit card number. Finally, on the 27th I got the shipping notification.
So, while I'm glad to finally get the swing, it was not worth the savings to deal with all of that aggravation. The only reason I stuck it out was out of principle, not savings (although that helped too!) I just felt like I was being lied to from the beginning.
I hope that after all of this my friend's baby likes the swing!

spunkybaby
03-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Wow--I'm glad that you and PP got the swing after all. I never got the e-mail offer and didn't call CS to request it (I did submit an e-mail through the web site but never got a response). I hope your friend enjoys the swing!