PDA

View Full Version : Creative way of using % off coupons that require a min. purchase

AddiesMom
02-28-2007, 05:40 AM
I do the same at Old Navy and other stores that run '2-for' deals. For example t-shirts are $10 each or 2 for $15. Buy 2 and they show up on the receipt for $7.50 each. If I decide I only want one I return the other on my next trip. I know I will be there in the next 60 days!

BargainMomforLuke
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I have a creative way of using % off coupons that require a minimum purchase (such as minimum $75 or $100 purchase).

I usually use these coupons at an outlet in Florida near my house (it's a Premium Outlet mall). I also have used them at retail stores around town.

At the outlet mall, I shop at Gap and Banana Republic and I always go to the Mall office to get my free coupon book. Premium Outlets allow you to get one booklet per week for free if you are signed up for the VIP Club.

If I don't want to spend the minimum amount, which is usually the case, I buy what I need and then buy a more expensive item to get me up to the minimum amount. They do the percent off on each item and then I just return the item that I didn't want at a later time. Their return policy is 60 days, so I always have enough time to make the return.

I know it might sound like a lot of hassle, but it usually saves me $10 or so at each store and if I'm going to be going to the store again in the near future, it's worth it.

Natalie

P.S. I also do this if an online store is offering free shipping but you have to spend a certain amount. I just return the one expensive item that got me up to that amount to obtain the free ship.