PDA

View Full Version : update-Lands End deals at Sears

thomma
02-27-2007, 04:11 PM
update:
I went back to get stuff for nieces/nephews etc and all of the extra 30% off signs had been removed...everything else was the same.

This was in Leominster MA

HTH-

I stopped by a Sears today and all their LE stuff was another 30% off. This is what I got:

Mens faux shearling car coat 25.00 normally 99.00
mens faux shearling gloves 6.00 normally 20.00

girls snowflake cardigan 6.99 normally 34.50
boys corduroy cargo climber pants 4.89
boys cargo shorts 4.89
2 kids system squall jacket 13.99 each normally 109.00 each
2 kids hooded sport squall coats for 13.99 each normally 59.50 each

All that for less than $100! :) Dh told me I was shaking when the clerk told us what the total was.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

NewMom04
02-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Which Sears did you find such great deals at?

neeter
02-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Wow, great deals! I was just there last week -- does anyone know if they have a price adjustment policy? TIA.

justlearning
02-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Those are amazing deals! I sent my husband to Sears on his lunch hour today to buy DS a coat for next year, and our store only had 25% off the original price (e.g., a $69 coat for $50) but without any additional percentage off. I was hoping to get the coat for $35 but no luck. So, my advice is to call before driving to Sears if you're hoping to get some great LE deals.

newmomto3kids
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
They do have a very good price adjustment policy, and LE has an extremely lenient return policy. They will take anything back at any time for any reason.
DH bought me a coat for Christmas only to see it on sale several weeks later. He brought in the receipt and they credited him the difference.

chlobo
02-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow. I got the squall jacket but for $35. Wish my store had had those deals.

AddiesMom
02-28-2007, 05:37 AM
As of the last weekend Auburn & Marlboro, MA still had up the 30% off signs. Luckily I was in Auburn about 2 hours after the sale first started a week earlier. I think I went back 3 times to each location with various family members. This killed my Feb. budget!

chlobo
02-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Were your prices as good as the OP? I got the squall jacket. It was marked down to $50 (from $70) and then 30% off that. If it was $13.99 I would have bought tons.

momofmany
03-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Take your selections to the counter and have them check the prices. The prices are set by Lands End and not Sears. There should be a separate LE counter in the store. I was in my Sears store today and I got 3 squall coats at $13.99 each. They were originally $60, marked down 50%, then 30% more, and then more on top of that. The clerk told me they were ringing up lower, hence the $13.99 price. She said that LE must have just lowered the price. It pays to ask because the prices were much less than the "sticker." I also got sweaters for $4 and fleece jackets. It was great.

schums
03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Not all Sears have seperate Lands End counters. Our Sears doesn't. You just go to the regular crabby checkout people, and they'll scan it for you to see if the sticker is right.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

schums
03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Not all Sears have seperate Lands End counters. Our Sears doesn't. You just go to the regular crabby checkout people, and they'll scan it for you to see if the sticker is right.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

hellokitty
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Lol, you described our sears too. Our LE selection was really horrible. I stopped by this morning to see what they had and so far it is still only 30% off! My experience with sears cashiers is that they seem to hate their jobs, they are definitely not chatty and don't smile much.

hellokitty
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Lol, you described our sears too. Our LE selection was really horrible. I stopped by this morning to see what they had and so far it is still only 30% off! My experience with sears cashiers is that they seem to hate their jobs, they are definitely not chatty and don't smile much.

chlobo
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I was there today and they refused to do a price adjustment because it was a clearance item. I had to go to the department and luckily found the same coat so I could "return" one and buy the other. However, the guy would not let me return and rebuy the same jacket at a lower price. He said it was Sears policy.

chlobo
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I was there today and they refused to do a price adjustment because it was a clearance item. I had to go to the department and luckily found the same coat so I could "return" one and buy the other. However, the guy would not let me return and rebuy the same jacket at a lower price. He said it was Sears policy.

chlobo
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
If you have another sears store nearby you might want to try them . The man at my Sears told me that prices will only vary if the store hasn't yet inputed the new prices so maybe that's what happened at your store?

chlobo
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
If you have another sears store nearby you might want to try them . The man at my Sears told me that prices will only vary if the store hasn't yet inputed the new prices so maybe that's what happened at your store?

katfol
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi all-
I went to the Sears in Leominster, MA and I got two of the jackets for 13.99! I also got a bunch of pants and hats and mittens for next to nothing. They still have a good supply of jackets.

katfol
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi all-
I went to the Sears in Leominster, MA and I got two of the jackets for 13.99! I also got a bunch of pants and hats and mittens for next to nothing. They still have a good supply of jackets.

chlobo
03-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Did you get the 3-in-1 system squall jacket? I'd love that for $13.99.

chlobo
03-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Did you get the 3-in-1 system squall jacket? I'd love that for $13.99.

hellokitty
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Nope, next closest one is an hr away. We live in the boonies. All of our stores are, "dumbed" down versions of stores. I'm glad to hear that others are getting good deals. The 3-1 system coats look really nice, for $13.xx that is awesome!

hellokitty
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Nope, next closest one is an hr away. We live in the boonies. All of our stores are, "dumbed" down versions of stores. I'm glad to hear that others are getting good deals. The 3-1 system coats look really nice, for $13.xx that is awesome!

jess_g
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was at sears today. They had all the lands end clearance on sale and then an additonal 30% off. This was including the womens clothes which I have not seen have the additional % off before. I ended up getting 2 boys coats. One was a squal jacket for $14 and one was a squal parka for $20. They did not have much left in the smaller sizes but they are great prices and they had a lot left in sizes above 8.

Jessica.

jess_g
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was at sears today. They had all the lands end clearance on sale and then an additonal 30% off. This was including the womens clothes which I have not seen have the additional % off before. I ended up getting 2 boys coats. One was a squal jacket for $14 and one was a squal parka for $20. They did not have much left in the smaller sizes but they are great prices and they had a lot left in sizes above 8.

Jessica.

debsterchen
03-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I went to my local Sears tonight and they are almost completely cleared out. I did find one of the jackets -LE Boys hooded sport squall jacket - in a size 4 which was originally $59 on sale for $13.99 (with the extra 30% off) - but that's it, no other jackets in the store and barely anything Land's End left.

-Debbie

debsterchen
03-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I went to my local Sears tonight and they are almost completely cleared out. I did find one of the jackets -LE Boys hooded sport squall jacket - in a size 4 which was originally $59 on sale for $13.99 (with the extra 30% off) - but that's it, no other jackets in the store and barely anything Land's End left.

-Debbie

justlearning
03-03-2007, 06:55 AM
I went to our Sears store tonight and they don't have any jackets left in DS's size. I really would like to get a Squall Parka for DS for next year--he would need the 5/6 size but I'd also be interested in the next size up from that too.

If anyone sees an extra one at your store, I would REALLY appreciate your emailing me through these boards. I would be willing to pay $35 for the parka, so you could make some profit if you were able to get it at a cheap price. Thanks so much!!

justlearning
03-03-2007, 06:55 AM
I went to our Sears store tonight and they don't have any jackets left in DS's size. I really would like to get a Squall Parka for DS for next year--he would need the 5/6 size but I'd also be interested in the next size up from that too.

If anyone sees an extra one at your store, I would REALLY appreciate your emailing me through these boards. I would be willing to pay $35 for the parka, so you could make some profit if you were able to get it at a cheap price. Thanks so much!!

KimMae
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I sent DH with a list and he found a couple squall jackets (marked 19.99 so would be 13.99 with 30% off) and a pair of snow pants and some l/s shirts. Then when he went to check-out (with 2 tired children) the cashier told him that LE stuff was NOT the extra 30% off. UGH! I may just take it all back. How can this be? I may call them or stop in and see if they'll change it. The stuff was not ringing up the extra 30%. This location is in Pittsburgh.

KimMae
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I sent DH with a list and he found a couple squall jackets (marked 19.99 so would be 13.99 with 30% off) and a pair of snow pants and some l/s shirts. Then when he went to check-out (with 2 tired children) the cashier told him that LE stuff was NOT the extra 30% off. UGH! I may just take it all back. How can this be? I may call them or stop in and see if they'll change it. The stuff was not ringing up the extra 30%. This location is in Pittsburgh.

KimMae
03-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't know how the guy can refuse to return one item and sell you another. Maybe you feel there is a difference between the 2. What a jerk. You could have returned the one. Then walked out of and back in the store and bought the other. What is he going to do? Refuse?? They must seriously hate their jobs. No wonder I hate to shop at Sears (only go to stop in for LE Deals!).

KimMae
03-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't know how the guy can refuse to return one item and sell you another. Maybe you feel there is a difference between the 2. What a jerk. You could have returned the one. Then walked out of and back in the store and bought the other. What is he going to do? Refuse?? They must seriously hate their jobs. No wonder I hate to shop at Sears (only go to stop in for LE Deals!).

thomma
03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
If there were 30% signs up, Sears should honor it. Signs were up when we bought our stuff. After our shopping extravaganza the clerk went around taking all of the signs down.

Kim
ds&dd
5/03

thomma
03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
If there were 30% signs up, Sears should honor it. Signs were up when we bought our stuff. After our shopping extravaganza the clerk went around taking all of the signs down.

Kim
ds&dd
5/03

debsterchen
03-03-2007, 05:43 PM
The sales clerk I had last night also told me that she wasn't supposed to give me the extra 30% off since it was not ringing up that way but she said she was being "generous" and did it for me anyway. I didn't think she was doing me any favors since the signs everywhere said to take an extra 30% off (but I thanked her anyway).

-Debbie

debsterchen
03-03-2007, 05:43 PM
The sales clerk I had last night also told me that she wasn't supposed to give me the extra 30% off since it was not ringing up that way but she said she was being "generous" and did it for me anyway. I didn't think she was doing me any favors since the signs everywhere said to take an extra 30% off (but I thanked her anyway).

-Debbie

masta
03-03-2007, 07:57 PM
>I went to our Sears store tonight and they don't have any
>jackets left in DS's size. I really would like to get a
>Squall Parka for DS for next year--he would need the 5/6 size
>but I'd also be interested in the next size up from that too.
>
>If anyone sees an extra one at your store, I would REALLY
>appreciate your emailing me through these boards. I would be
>willing to pay $35 for the parka, so you could make some
>profit if you were able to get it at a cheap price. Thanks so
>much!!

I will try to go back to my Sears store tomorrow and see if I can find one for you. They had alot more boys coats than girls so hopefully I can find you one. Alot of them were bigger sizes but I'll look for a 5/6 or one size up.

masta
03-03-2007, 07:57 PM
>I went to our Sears store tonight and they don't have any
>jackets left in DS's size. I really would like to get a
>Squall Parka for DS for next year--he would need the 5/6 size
>but I'd also be interested in the next size up from that too.
>
>If anyone sees an extra one at your store, I would REALLY
>appreciate your emailing me through these boards. I would be
>willing to pay $35 for the parka, so you could make some
>profit if you were able to get it at a cheap price. Thanks so
>much!!

I will try to go back to my Sears store tomorrow and see if I can find one for you. They had alot more boys coats than girls so hopefully I can find you one. Alot of them were bigger sizes but I'll look for a 5/6 or one size up.

justlearning
03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you! :) I'm going to email you right now.

justlearning
03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you! :) I'm going to email you right now.

chlobo
03-04-2007, 10:38 AM
He did let me buy the "new" one. He just wouldn't let me return a coat & then turn around and buy the "same" coat, which I think it stupid. But whatever. He's just following hte rules. He doesn't make them. I'm just thankful I found the coat. Saved $15.

chlobo
03-04-2007, 10:38 AM
He did let me buy the "new" one. He just wouldn't let me return a coat & then turn around and buy the "same" coat, which I think it stupid. But whatever. He's just following hte rules. He doesn't make them. I'm just thankful I found the coat. Saved $15.

jess_g
03-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi I bought one in size 7 that I am going to return. If you want it please send me an email and let me know. It is navy blue and a squal parka. I tried to email you through your profile but I could not click on the "email user" link so you will need to email me.

Thanks,

Jessica.

jess_g
03-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi I bought one in size 7 that I am going to return. If you want it please send me an email and let me know. It is navy blue and a squal parka. I tried to email you through your profile but I could not click on the "email user" link so you will need to email me.

Thanks,

Jessica.

justlearning
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Thank you!! I'm going to email you right now.

justlearning
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Thank you!! I'm going to email you right now.

1pumpkin2cherish
03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi i was wondering if anyone got the Squall jacket in a 3T or 4 girl and if so could you give me the upc code off the tag or receipt. My store didn't have any, but they could ship me one if i had the price in store and UPC code.
If you have it please e-mail me at
[email protected]
TIA,
Amy

1pumpkin2cherish
03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi i was wondering if anyone got the Squall jacket in a 3T or 4 girl and if so could you give me the upc code off the tag or receipt. My store didn't have any, but they could ship me one if i had the price in store and UPC code.
If you have it please e-mail me at
[email protected]
TIA,
Amy