PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on learning tower?

writermama
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Or does anyone offer a better deal than $169.99 with free shipping? Any coupon codes out there for stores that carry it?

writermama
03-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Or does anyone offer a better deal than $169.99 with free shipping? Any coupon codes out there for stores that carry it?

kayte
03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I have been shopping around for one for a while. I believe the price is fixed by the company and vendors aren't allowed to sell it cheaper. I heard from a woman in my mom's club that vendors are allowed to discount it only once a year. I have gotten a few coupon codes to stores that carry it but have been unable to use them towards the Tower. I will be interested to see if anyone else was able to work a deal!

kayte
03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I have been shopping around for one for a while. I believe the price is fixed by the company and vendors aren't allowed to sell it cheaper. I heard from a woman in my mom's club that vendors are allowed to discount it only once a year. I have gotten a few coupon codes to stores that carry it but have been unable to use them towards the Tower. I will be interested to see if anyone else was able to work a deal!

ThreeofUs
03-04-2007, 06:29 PM
While most vendors (electronic and B&M) *say* they won't let you use coupons, etc., for the Learning Tower, my experience has been that at least some don't check.

We bought our LT from Kiddin' Around for much less than the retail, using a coupon and catching a "free shipping" sale, and posted our deal to this board. (Given the recent cleaning of the list, however, I don't know if the thread is still there.)

I'd at least try the coupons to see if they work. If not, you've wasted a minute in the process.

-Ivy

ThreeofUs
03-04-2007, 06:29 PM
While most vendors (electronic and B&M) *say* they won't let you use coupons, etc., for the Learning Tower, my experience has been that at least some don't check.

We bought our LT from Kiddin' Around for much less than the retail, using a coupon and catching a "free shipping" sale, and posted our deal to this board. (Given the recent cleaning of the list, however, I don't know if the thread is still there.)

I'd at least try the coupons to see if they work. If not, you've wasted a minute in the process.

-Ivy

lilhilly
03-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Just bought one for $164.95 from a site called Platinum Gallerie or Galleria or something like that -- you had to read the product description carefully, but there was a $5 off code in there. It came promptly and in perfect condition. I know it's not much of a deal, but it's something!

lilhilly
03-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Just bought one for $164.95 from a site called Platinum Gallerie or Galleria or something like that -- you had to read the product description carefully, but there was a $5 off code in there. It came promptly and in perfect condition. I know it's not much of a deal, but it's something!

writermama
03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I read through past threads -- it looks like the once-a-year sale authorized by the manufacturer was in November and stores are not allowed to advertise it for less. Also, if codes get posted anywhere because the store forgot to make them not work on the tower, the code will be pulled.

I did go ahead and buy one, because I don't want to wait until next November. When I contacted Heirloom wooden toys to ask when the next sale might be (how I learned that the sale was back in November), I was VERY happy with the customer service. I can't wait to get it so DD can "help" me in the kitchen without me worrying about her falling off of the chair.

It also looks like a new tower from a different company is due out in a few months -- the kitchen helper. The list price is a little less than the learning tower, so it may be an option for folks who want to save a little. It also folds for storage, so it may work well for folks with limited space. It's not out yet, so they don't know how stable it is compared to the tower and it doesn't look like the platform height adjusts.

E for clarity

writermama
03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I read through past threads -- it looks like the once-a-year sale authorized by the manufacturer was in November and stores are not allowed to advertise it for less. Also, if codes get posted anywhere because the store forgot to make them not work on the tower, the code will be pulled.

I did go ahead and buy one, because I don't want to wait until next November. When I contacted Heirloom wooden toys to ask when the next sale might be (how I learned that the sale was back in November), I was VERY happy with the customer service. I can't wait to get it so DD can "help" me in the kitchen without me worrying about her falling off of the chair.

It also looks like a new tower from a different company is due out in a few months -- the kitchen helper. The list price is a little less than the learning tower, so it may be an option for folks who want to save a little. It also folds for storage, so it may work well for folks with limited space. It's not out yet, so they don't know how stable it is compared to the tower and it doesn't look like the platform height adjusts.

E for clarity

slr
03-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Your post made me do a search for the Kitchen Helper and here is what I found.

http://mystepstool.com/kitchen_helper.htm

I would love to have something that folds up, but would be hesitant to be the first buyer for something so expensive. Anyway, I guess it does have 4 height adjustments. Just thought I would post in case anyone else was interested!

slr
03-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Your post made me do a search for the Kitchen Helper and here is what I found.

http://mystepstool.com/kitchen_helper.htm

I would love to have something that folds up, but would be hesitant to be the first buyer for something so expensive. Anyway, I guess it does have 4 height adjustments. Just thought I would post in case anyone else was interested!

writermama
03-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks! I missed that info about adjustments -- it wasn't obvious from the photos. It looks like it's a little smaller than the tower, too, which would probably be fine for people who want the folding because of limited space.

I decided to go with the tower for the same reason -- I don't want to be the first to try the new thing and we have the room for the tower anyway -- but it does look nice and I look forward to hearing how it works.

writermama
03-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks! I missed that info about adjustments -- it wasn't obvious from the photos. It looks like it's a little smaller than the tower, too, which would probably be fine for people who want the folding because of limited space.

I decided to go with the tower for the same reason -- I don't want to be the first to try the new thing and we have the room for the tower anyway -- but it does look nice and I look forward to hearing how it works.