PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Wear Foundation - Target $6.88

KimMae
04-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I've been meaning to try mineral foundation and saw Mineral Wear Foundation on sale at Target for 8.88 with $2-save-now sticker. So far I like it - light, nice even coverage, and I usually only wear Estee Lauder or Clinique. It is hard to know what color to buy - I went with the color name that sounds like what I usually buy.

KimMae
04-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I've been meaning to try mineral foundation and saw Mineral Wear Foundation on sale at Target for 8.88 with $2-save-now sticker. So far I like it - light, nice even coverage, and I usually only wear Estee Lauder or Clinique. It is hard to know what color to buy - I went with the color name that sounds like what I usually buy.

supercalifragilous
04-07-2007, 02:39 PM
If it's not too much trouble, can you look at the ingredients list and tell me what's in it?

I'm weary of using mainstream "mineral powders" when I look on the back and see talc and a bunch of other unpronounceable ingredients on the list. The whole reason I switched to minerals is to avoid the talc and -parabens. Just wondering about the Target one - if not, that's a really great deal! :)

supercalifragilous
04-07-2007, 02:39 PM
If it's not too much trouble, can you look at the ingredients list and tell me what's in it?

I'm weary of using mainstream "mineral powders" when I look on the back and see talc and a bunch of other unpronounceable ingredients on the list. The whole reason I switched to minerals is to avoid the talc and -parabens. Just wondering about the Target one - if not, that's a really great deal! :)

KimMae
04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Good question, here are the ingredients I can find on the web with a quick look. There is a big difference. There is no talc - the whole name is Physician's Formula Talc-Free Mineral Foundation. Edited to add that the Mineral Wear is a cream that comes out through a sponge applicator and Bare Escentuals looks like a powder.

Mineral Wear Foundation
WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1/DIMETHICONESQUALANE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYGLYCERYL -4 ISOSTEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE,PEG-32, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE, CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, METHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL,RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL,METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN,PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES.

Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 15%, Mica, Bismurth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide

KimMae
04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Good question, here are the ingredients I can find on the web with a quick look. There is a big difference. There is no talc - the whole name is Physician's Formula Talc-Free Mineral Foundation. Edited to add that the Mineral Wear is a cream that comes out through a sponge applicator and Bare Escentuals looks like a powder.

Mineral Wear Foundation
WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1/DIMETHICONESQUALANE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYGLYCERYL -4 ISOSTEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE,PEG-32, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE, CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, METHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL,RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL,METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN,PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES.

Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 15%, Mica, Bismurth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide

kimbe
04-07-2007, 07:35 PM
KimMae,

If you want to try out mineral make up Everyday Minerals is a great product line that is very affordable. If you do a search on it you'll find A LOT of talk about it on these boards! (That's how I found out about it!) I've been using it for well over 6 months and I just love it! They offer a free sample kit (under custom kits) and their Everyday Kit is a steal!!!

Here are the ingredients in their products and a link to their website
http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=viewDocument&incParam=ingredients

kimbe
04-07-2007, 07:35 PM
KimMae,

If you want to try out mineral make up Everyday Minerals is a great product line that is very affordable. If you do a search on it you'll find A LOT of talk about it on these boards! (That's how I found out about it!) I've been using it for well over 6 months and I just love it! They offer a free sample kit (under custom kits) and their Everyday Kit is a steal!!!

Here are the ingredients in their products and a link to their website
http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=viewDocument&incParam=ingredients

s7714
04-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I've been using the Physician's Talc-free Mineral Wear foundation for a while now (powder version, not the cream--didn't know they even had a cream version) and I like it a lot. It was the only one I could find that was exactly the right tone for my fair skin in the winter. I also like that it's a matte finish.

I like the Everyday Minerals line too, but I have to custom mix the colors to get the tone right during the winter months.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

s7714
04-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I've been using the Physician's Talc-free Mineral Wear foundation for a while now (powder version, not the cream--didn't know they even had a cream version) and I like it a lot. It was the only one I could find that was exactly the right tone for my fair skin in the winter. I also like that it's a matte finish.

I like the Everyday Minerals line too, but I have to custom mix the colors to get the tone right during the winter months.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

supercalifragilous
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for going through that trouble! I didn't realize it was Physician's Formula - wow that was a good deal! The applicator part of it seems interesting with the sponge applicator and all....

I had to LOL at all the non-mineral ingredients in the foundation as compared to the BE stuff (granted it's a cream, not powder). :)

PP is right - Everyday Minerals is a great place to start (not to mention free). I didn't even know about it until I read it here on the BBB and I'm really happy with their products that I ordered more. I've tried a whole bunch of mineral products (BE, Jane Iredale, PureLuxe, Larenim, BFM, JLynne... too many!) and I think they're great for the price.

I also have to custom-mix my foundation colors in the summer and winter to get the right combination but thankfully that's where loose powder makes things easier!

supercalifragilous
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for going through that trouble! I didn't realize it was Physician's Formula - wow that was a good deal! The applicator part of it seems interesting with the sponge applicator and all....

I had to LOL at all the non-mineral ingredients in the foundation as compared to the BE stuff (granted it's a cream, not powder). :)

PP is right - Everyday Minerals is a great place to start (not to mention free). I didn't even know about it until I read it here on the BBB and I'm really happy with their products that I ordered more. I've tried a whole bunch of mineral products (BE, Jane Iredale, PureLuxe, Larenim, BFM, JLynne... too many!) and I think they're great for the price.

I also have to custom-mix my foundation colors in the summer and winter to get the right combination but thankfully that's where loose powder makes things easier!