PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Toy Order / Pricing Error / Deletions

AmyZ
05-23-2007, 04:56 PM
About half of my order was cancelled. Boo. :-( Most cancelled items were the VTech baby-type toys and some Plan toys. My castle is still there... but I'll keep checking.

ETA -- Castle is GONE.

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

emschwar
05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
I ordered 9 things. They cancelled 5:
1 "V Tech Soothe & Surprise Nature Light" V Tech; Toy; $3.87
1 "Plan Toys Shape & Sort" Plan Toys; Toy; $2.56
1 "Vtech - Move & Crawl Ball" V Tech; Toy; $2.02
1 "V Tech - V.Smile Nature Sounds Bugs" V Tech; Toy; $2.37
1 "Sesame Street Activity Cube (Medium Size)" Manley; Toy; $6.20

Now my order is $12 and change with another $15 for shipping, I think. (My original order had free shipping.)

ETA - I just checked and now my geotrax are gone too. Still no notification from amazon.

The obnoxious thing is I know at least one person who got one of the above items shipped to her.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. I don't know if it'll do any good, but it made me feel a little better.

Jo..
05-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I got the shape and sort, the boat, the soothe & surprise light, the V smile bugs toys, and the crawl ball.

Got the Sesame street cube a couple months ago.

I REALLY REALLY want the plan toys tractor :(. Don't care too much about the V Tech Toys or the Plan Shape and Sort (I also got the Plan Toys sorting bus so it's overkill).

emschwar
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
It's so bizarre to me that some people got what was cancelled for others as "pricing errors". Amazon's smoking some crack.

lisabor
05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Did anyone have a plan toy that actually shipped? Or were they all cancelled or 'waiting to be shipped' which seems to be synonomous with cancelled for plan toys :( So disappointing. I was on such a high yesterday with all the great deals.

When it seems to good to be true...

Jo..
05-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I got a ton of plan toys shipped

sorting bus
stable
all wood barn
all wood farm house
shape sorter
train shape sorter
native american set
bus shape sorter

the following items vanished (there may have been others that I don't recall)

Plan Snake
Plan snail
stacking clown
infant count sort bead thinger (forget the name)

debsterchen
05-23-2007, 05:54 PM
I ordered a bunch of $1 Ty Beanie Babies and so far I've had a few of them drop out of my order (thus leading to shipping charges). the rest are still in the order for now, not shipped yet, so I guess I would not be surprised if they disappear as well. I sent a nasty e-mail to Amazon asking what happened and for a refund of my shipping charges. I am annoyed but I guess I am not all that surprised.

-Debbie

babyready
05-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I AM SO MAD!!!!

They have been deleting everything out of my order from yesterday all day long. But at least they hadn't touched the doll house and a couple of accessories from the day before.

I just got an email that all of it was canceled. I am so upset I could cry. I REALLY wanted that doll house for dd's birthday. SOOOOO UPSET!!! They said they weren't canceling anything else. What crap. At least I got an email for this one, I guess.

ETA: Whew, just reread the email and it turns out they just won't adjust the price. I just about lost it on someone. So, for now at least, the old order is still good. whew. And they replied to an email.

Also, my order from yesterday is now down to two items (from ten.) Every time I look, there are more items gone. I am sure it will be completely gone by the end of the day.

lisabor
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi Jo,

Did you get the plan toys for the really good prices? Like $2-$4? Funny that they said they absolutely cannot honor the prices to some that called and yet shipped them for others. Seems pretty unfair. In any case, thanks for letting us all have a crack at the sale!

Lisa

Jo..
05-23-2007, 06:12 PM
the stuff that vanished was the best stuff (a couple of bucks).

here are the Plan Toys that shipped:

Shape sorting bus $4.77 was $17
Stable $14.57 was $35
Barn $15.51 was $35
All wood Farmhouse $10.05 was $55
Native American set $3-11 (pending price adjustment) was $25
Wood Sorter $2.56 was $20
Sorting Train #3.17 was $18

You can see why I want the tractor...I have the farm house, stable, and barn!!!

basilicali
05-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I upgraded to Prime 2d shipping, maybe that's why my snakes were shipped at $1.74.
Karen

sdoyle
05-23-2007, 07:29 PM
First- thank you all of you who responded regarding missing items. It made me check my Amazon order and I successfully called and lobbied for the removal of $20+ in shipping charges. The lady was very nice, but technically I shouldn't have had to call at all KWIM?

Here's what I had missing:
1) Tonka Mighty Motorized Emergency Big Rig Fleet $9.25
2) Tonka Motorized Big Rig and Bulldozer $8.60
3) Tonka Mighty Motorized Fork Lift and Stake Truck $9.96
4) Tonka Mighty Motorized Tow Truck with Figure $8.98
5) Tonka Mighty Motorized Transport Coast Guard Helicopter
6) Playskool Let's Play Together Puppet Play Monkey $1.64
7) Melissa and Doug Alphabet Art $2.05
8) Melissa and Doug Things That Go $1.19
9) Fisher-Price Learning Mowe $3.48
10)Melissa and Doug Large USA Map $3.24

Looks like I need to find another source for B-day presents for the boys in the neighborhood! I'm most upset by the USA map puzzle though :)

Stacy

ETA...can't sepll!

mommy111
05-23-2007, 07:46 PM
NEVER shopping form amazon.com again. Never, ever. They may be convenient and have great deals, but if I can't trust them with my order, I can't trust them with my credit card.
Can you tell I'm MAD!!!!

Jo..
05-23-2007, 08:01 PM
FWIW, I've been reading on other baords that they are SLOWLY fixing the shipping cost errors. When THEY cancel an item, they shouldn't penalize you, and I think they are trying to fix it. Problem is, they had a kabillion orders.

I'm a little mad at them, but I will still shop there in the future. Like, maybe next week. ;)

emschwar
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Mother F'ers! Now my wedgits are gone too! That was the only thing I really wanted that was still left in my order. I'd cancel the whole order at this point, but I don't want to let them "win".

Is this a BBB worthy complaint? I already filed one, because I figured it couldn't hurt, but maybe if others do too, amazon'll do something. Or at least not pull this crap in the future.

What really irks me is that other people have gotten shipment notices of things that were pulled from my order.

dontdoit
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Without trying to offend anyone..it's just some toys, right? I realize they were good deals..but still, just toys. I would report them to the BBB, but don't let it worry your mind anymore once you write the BBB. Every little thing is gunna be alright.. :)

lilhilly
05-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Things were slowly disappearing all day (Tonka trucks, Plan toys, and M&D puzzles) so I just gave up and canceled both orders in full. I never received a single e-mail from them and wouldn't have known to check what was going on had I not seen the posts on these boards.

GB
05-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Here's what I think I lost...

15" CAT Bull Dozer L&S for $2.57
Little Leaps Software - Toddler Move: Backyardigans for $2.30
Playskool Let's Play Together Puppet Play Monkey for $1.64
Playskool Wheel Pals Cushy Cruiser Pickup for $2.42

The last 2 of these were on an order together that was completely cancelled. I somehow managed to not have any of my Plan Toys cancelled, including tractors and castles. I really wanted the Little Leaps software but it looks like I can out pretty unscathed compared to others.

Not sure if there's any point in calling to complain. Doesn't sound like anyone's been successful in getting anything reinstated on their order that was cancelled.

ETA: Just realized I lost My First Lincoln Logs Farm for $4.xx. Oh well, no where to put it anyway.

kimbe
05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes they are just toys, but it is the principle or the whole thing. You don't advertise a 70% off toy clearance, allow people to order things and then cancel everything and try to screw them on shipping.
I don't think that one person had gotten an email or any notification that their order was changed and charges were added which I don't think is legal.

In my case most of my "just toys" were things that I specifically bought to give to Toys for Tots this December. Gifts that I wouldn't normally be able to afford to give and the thought of a child getting a great gift like that made me very happy. For the money I spent I got a ton more than I would normally have been able to get. Now that is not going to happen. So, it isn't about me and my toys, it is about a butt load of stuff that I bought to give others a happier holiday.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am angry because of the way that the situation has been handled, not that I am not getting toys. A simple email explaining things would have made a huge difference.

Edited to change subject

kimbe
05-23-2007, 08:23 PM
ITA --- I would never have thought to check my order either if it wasn't for all you guys! Thanks for the warnings and heads up! DH is going to call to try to get our shipping waved, otherwise, we are going to cancel everything too.

thomma
05-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I totally agree! I canceled my order for the same reason.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

helloall
05-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Some of the deals yesterday were too good to be true. It's too bad that we couldn't get them. But they will come back soon or later.

wendmatt
05-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm so pissed off, I REALLY wanted those wedgits :(
So far 6 things have gone off my order and no notification. I'm surprised it's legal to do that. I wouldn't of know about them cancelling if it hadn't been for you guys.

MirandaMoes
05-23-2007, 08:50 PM
yep wedgits are gone. i agree that the most upseting part is the way this was handled. after my first email i was assured nothing else was affect yet i just checked again and the wedgits are gone. they should not have told me otherwise earlier. also no emails were sent out when things were canceled and that just is not fair either

miranda

kristenk
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
The only toys I ordered were:

1. Plan Toys Shape Matching toy
2. WEDGiTS Pink Set

The shape matching toy disappeared this morning. I called and the customer service person waived the shipping charge. All was well b/c I still had the wedgits.

This evening, I checked my order again. The Wedgits had disappeared and a new shipping charge was added. Arrrrrggggghhhhh! I canceled the rest of the order (non-sale things that were "safe") and left a very long message about the reason for cancellation. Not that it will matter. Oh, well.

emschwar
05-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Exactly. Had they emailed me about a pricing error and removed the items (without adding shipping charges) I would have been disappointed, but not this mad. Instead, they pulled things off my order here and there throughout the day without telling me and added charges to my order. It doesn't matter if it was "just toys" or "just clothes" or "just a ferrari". They handled the situation extremely badly, and not in a manner I would expect from a respected website like amazon.

babyready
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Sigh. My whole order has disappeared. I guess I've been watching it die a slow, painful death all day. Boo.

It is especially frustrating since the lady on the phone specifically told me that they were done canceling things. I still had six items at that point. If she had said there would be a chance of some more cancellations, that would be different. Seems like all the reps were telling us different things and most of them were dead wrong.

Add that to the fact that we weren't notified of the deleted items and canceled orders and this had been a really bad experience.

Poorly done Amazon.

kimbe
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Just got our $22 in shipping charges waived for the remainder of our order. We are supposed to get an email confirmation of the waiver in the next 24 hours --- not going to hold my breath on that one. DH is pretty sure that the rest of it will eventually be cancelled anyway. Told us it was a "pricing error."

So disappointed in Amazon.

Thanks to Radosti for posting that number to call!

xmasbabycomin
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
>Yes they are just toys, but it is the principle or the whole
>thing. You don't advertise a 70% off toy clearance, allow
>people to order things and then cancel everything and try to
>screw them on shipping.
>I don't think that one person had gotten an email or any
>notification that their order was changed and charges were
>added which I don't think is legal.
>
>In my case most of my "just toys" were things that I
>specifically bought to give to Toys for Tots this December.
>Gifts that I wouldn't normally be able to afford to give and
>the thought of a child getting a great gift like that made me
>very happy. For the money I spent I got a ton more than I
>would normally have been able to get. Now that is not going
>to happen. So, it isn't about me and my toys, it is about a
>butt load of stuff that I bought to give others a happier
>holiday.
>
>I can't speak for everyone, but I am angry because of the way
>that the situation has been handled, not that I am not getting
>toys. A simple email explaining things would have made a huge
>difference.
>
>Edited to change subject

ITA! I, too, was excited about giving extra-special presents, for charity and otherwise. What used to be called bait and switch is now "policy" and fine print. Interesting that Amazon can't afford to honor their prices when their profits doubled first quarter vs. last year. Hopefully some economic karma will come their way. Also, I lOve how I'm still getting emails from them advertising a baby sale when they still haven't sent me a cancellation email!

Sometimes values and bargain shopping can really clash :( Despite my bitching, this really is making me think more about where I spend my money, and how much these bargains cost in ways that aren't just financial.

Radosti
05-23-2007, 11:49 PM
I just checked and the other 4 items are still in the order. I had one thing cancelled. And the $36.36 in shipping that they added is now off my order, so my order total is $20. It's all good now. I'm happy with that.

JBaxter
05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
I got my 7 emails this morning :(

txgirl
05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
I had these cancelled due to "incorrect price"

sesame street activity cube
geotrax
lets play together singalong spider
v tech move and crawl ball
little tikes pound in pop bench
little tikes xylophone

I still have about 3 toys left in the order with shipping costs > their price. I guess I need to call them to remove the shipping costs?
This is ridiculous!

chikichiki
05-24-2007, 07:25 AM
I have 4 out of 10 left. They added shipping charges to mine too, but I am going to wait until after they ship to call them. I'm afraid if I call now, that it may alert them to more "pricing errors" in my order. I'm confident they'll refund the shipping (especially since there was no notification of the added charge), or I will dispute it with my CC. I've actually already experienced the same situation with Amazon and it was no problem getting the shipping refunded. Just hoping I get my last 4 items!

swan01
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I sent them a very polite email complaining about the shipping charges (after they took most stuff out of my cart, my total was $24.90 - 10 cents below super saver shipping - how ironic!) and they replied within a few hours removing the shipping from my remaining order (it was about $8).

I am happy with that outcome. Granted, I only got 1 Geotrax car and the Sesame Street Shoots & Ladders (and 2 books), but I did not really need the toys to begin with.

Good luck!

emschwar
05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Me too. Ironically, the first thing they took off my order (the sesame street cube) was the last I got an email for.

Jo..
05-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I started getting emails this morning as well...I think they cancelled about half of my stuff, but I am grateful for the items that did ship (even though the very best toys were cancelled).

This is what cancelled on me:

Plan Toys Sort and Count
Plan Toys Stacking Clown
Deacon Toon Bench (toy box)
1 M&D puzzle (one shipped)
Plan Toys Sorting Boat
Plan Toys Pull Along Snake
Plan Toys Pull Along Snail
1 104 pc Fiddlestix (I ordered two and one shipped)
Leapstages Learning Piano
Little Tykes Xylophone
My First Lincoln Logs Farm

This is what I got that I'd give up (if anyone got a Plan Farms Wood Tractor,see if there is anything you might want to trade. Id be willing to trade better than the tractor value).

Take Along Thomas Percy Holiday cars 3 pc set
Plan Toys Shape and Sort
Plan Toys Sorting Train
Little Princess 12" Soft and Sweet Ariel
Little Princess 12" Soft and Sweet Belle
Little Princess 12" Soft and Sweet Snow White
104 pc Fiddlestix (like Tinkertoys) in canister
144 pc Fiddlestix in Bag
Fronteir Logs (like Lincoln Logs) 220 pcs
Frontier Logs Building set with 20 Action figures
M&D Farm Sounds Puzzle
Backyardigans Sing and Explore Pirate Uniqua
Backyardigans Mountie Tyrone
V Tech Move and Crawl Ball
V Tech - V.Smile Nature Sounds Bugs
V Tech Soothe & Surprise Nature Light

I also got some stuff that I'd like to keep:
Plan Toys Barn, Stable, Farm House, and Native American set (this is why I want the tractor!)
A few wooden Tonka Trucks
A couple weebles sets

Puddy73
05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Me, too. They cancelled 9 out of the 10 things that I ordered, so I just cancelled the last item and saved them the trouble. I understand that mistakes happen, but I think it would have been better for them in the long run to honor the low prices. They ticked off a lot of loyal customers (myself included) over this. I probably will order from them again, but it definitely cost them some of my future business.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

chikichiki
05-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Now I am annoyed! I called because I remembered I used a gift certificate so I won't be able to dispute it with my CC. The rep would not credit my shipping and said there was nothing she could do. I am going to try to e-mail and hope I get a nicer response but may just end up canceling it myself. :(

Melanie
05-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry that all of you are dealing with this. It's typical amazon.com MO, in my experience.

lilycat88
05-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I wrote them a nasty email and they responded with that. It's actually sort of funny since that $5.00 is more than the item they cancelled on me. I didn't order a lot and only had the "wedgits" cancelled.

ellaucb
05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Not only did I not get the $5 promotional credit, but they informed me that they can't remove the shipping charges until after the item ships. Does this sound wrong to anyone else. My total order is more expensive than the original minus 3 items!
Poor policy I think.

Jo..
05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
That sounds wrong. I got shipping charges refunded for two items today that haven't yet shipped. I'd call again.

Maxlee
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
They cancelled most of my stuff and are now trying to charge me shipping. I just called and the guy I spoke to was very angry and hard to understand. I think he said they are going to cancel the rest of my orders and that they are going to tell people who already got their stuff that they have to pay the full price or send the stuff back. Can they do that?????

He also told me that all the prices on the website at the time I placed my order were incorrect . . . he said some other stuff but i didn't really understand him :(

xmasbabycomin
05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I figured maybe I'd start up a separate thread about this, especially if any of you are obsessing about this as much as I am.

Also, has anYone received an email about the removed items?

Here are my cancelled items. All are plan toys except the last
1 Shape and sort 2.56
2. Shape Matching 2.58
3. Pull along snake 1.74 (x2)
4. Sorting boat 2.14
5. Tractor/trailer 12.31 (x3) :(
6. Native American Set 3.14
7. Vtech learn butterfly 1.68

BTW, anyone have their castles or Geotrax taken out?

ETA: update: never mind: byebye castles and Geotrax. All I've got left
are my poor little Wedgits :(

sdoyle
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Sooo.....had an order with items cancelled and called to have shipping removed which they very nicely did. Today more items were removed AND shipping was added back in. When I called, the lady said they could not remove the shipping and marketing was working on a resolution. Since shipping is the same price as they toys, I told here that unless the resolution was the removal of the shipping charges, I would need to cancel the order. She said if it wasn't removed and shipped before they came up with a resolution, I would need to refuse delivery. How do I do that? They usually just leave stuff on my porch when I am at work.

Stacy

TwinsItIs
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Blargh! They cancelled my plan toys dishwasher set for 40 bucks instead of 100! I'm SO upset about it. I so wanted it. Oh well.

neeter
05-25-2007, 03:07 PM
You can take it back to the post office, unopened. Put on the box "delivery refused" and "return to the sender". USPS would collect postage from the sender.

lilycat88
05-25-2007, 04:34 PM
In the same day I got...

1 email saying a second item of my order would be cancelled because of the pricing.

1 box on my doorstep from Amazon with said item in it.

1 email from Amazon saying there was a problem with my payment method and if they didn't hear from me in 3 days, the entire order would be cancelled.

1 email from Amazon saying the second part of my order was shipped out.

Huh?

lilhilly
05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
That's especially weird, because they were offering that $40 price for days, not just the other afternoon. It was one of the original deals that Jo posted. It can't have been a "pricing error."

Jo..
05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah that was around for a long time. I'd call and ask them to honor the price, I am sure someone here got one at $40 and will share their order confirmation with you if you need it.

mypa
05-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I got the Plan Dishwasher delivered two days ago (bought it at the $40 price). In fact I got everything delivered today in my order but I bought everything at the regular sale price (those at around 50% off) and did not call to do a price adjustment as I didn't have time for it and I also felt that the price I paid was fair. Here's what I bought and received:

Plan Dishwasher $40
Plan Lusitano gliding horse (fantastic btw!) $32
Plan Stable $12
Plan Castle $20
Plan Native American $12
Plan Pull Along Snake $8
Thomas Holiday Around the Tree set $22
Thomas Holiday Tunnel $9

Sorry for what everyone is going through, but my experience has been great and the shipping was super fast. Thanks Jo for the great deals!

Radosti
05-26-2007, 05:39 AM
I guess they weren't done cancelling orders because today the rest of my order was cancelled - all LBuddy toys - cement mixers, fire truck and a little steel wagon. I understand the price mistake. What I don't understand is how 4 days ago, I spoke to a rep named Julius who assured me that the rest of my order was fine and would ship. He also took off the $36.36 in shipping charged that they levied when they took off the riding toy. My order was fine all week and now, in time for the crazy crowded stores, everything gets cancelled.

That's exactly what I told the manager today. He apologized and gave me a $15 credit on my account. So that was nice, but I had 4 toys at $4-5 each and you know what... those prices were no different than the toys I bought in my last two orders.

GB
05-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I had my LBuddy stuff canceled overnight, too. Had a feeling it would happen since it was the only thing left that hadn't shipped. I was looking forward to having that for DS's sandbox. ARG!

chikichiki
05-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Almost everything was gone from my order today too. Only Pooh Candyland was left, which wasn't that great of a deal anyway - only 60% off instead of 80-90% like everything else (LOL) and shipping was more than the selling price, so I just cancelled it myself. Too bad I missed out on these deals, but glad some of you got toys for great prices.

nupe
05-26-2007, 10:00 PM
The last few items from my order were present yesterday, and gone today. The strange this is that I tried to "combine" orders yesterday (so I wouldn't have to keep worrying about the shipping of course!) and this one came up as "closed" and wouldn't allow for combining EVEN though it showed as an open order. Hmm. Disappointing.

But I'd rather have it this way than what PBK did with the bed mispricing. PBK charged my card the full price of the bed, $1000 more than the sale price on my order confirmation, WITHOUT contacting me first. I figured it out the next day and called to cancel my order. I thought I was done; but no, of course on the third day I got an email saying it had shipped! So I had to waste more time to call PBK. I was afraid I would be stuck wtih a >$100 shipping charge and the headache of having someone pick it back up to return it. They were able to intercept the bed and I never saw it. And the charge return showed up on my cc in a couple days.

TwinsItIs
05-27-2007, 12:00 AM
>I got the Plan Dishwasher delivered two days ago (bought it
>at the $40 price). In fact I got everything delivered today
>in my order but I bought everything at the regular sale price
>(those at around 50% off) and did not call to do a price
>adjustment as I didn't have time for it and I also felt that
>the price I paid was fair. Here's what I bought and
>received:
>
>Plan Dishwasher $40
>Plan Lusitano gliding horse (fantastic btw!) $32
>Plan Stable $12
>Plan Castle $20
>Plan Native American $12
>Plan Pull Along Snake $8
>Thomas Holiday Around the Tree set $22
>Thomas Holiday Tunnel $9
>
>Sorry for what everyone is going through, but my experience
>has been great and the shipping was super fast. Thanks Jo for
>the great deals!
>
Would you be able to somehow show me your shipping confirmation? It just doesn't make sense that they cancelled it, as others said, it was on there for days.

Jo..
05-27-2007, 01:39 AM
GB (Roseanne) emailed me a copy of her confirmation showing order number and price, and I was able to get a price match on the Plan Toys Native American set by emailing customer service with that info. She saved me $8!