PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Rebate

mommabear
05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
I went to PBK today to buy bedding and when I was checking out they asked if I wanted to recieve 6 mon of Real Simple magazine for free. I picked up the for to register and started reading the bottom to make sure I wasn't signing up for more than the free 6 mon. Well it stated if I didn't want the magazine I just had to mail my reciept in with the form and they would send me a $12 rebate. Not a lot but $12 is still $12.
Oh you have to spend $50 to qualify. But that isn't hard.

wzly
05-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Maybe this one is okay...If that's all that's involved...But I'd be extra careful on those free magazines...

I signed up for Real Simple at the FYE store when I was buying some CDs/kid's DVDs...They said it was "free." No other charges and wouldn't go beyond the 6 free issues...I even questioned the salesperson about it. She said she signs up all the time...I've never said yes before, but did this time...

The extra, extra small print on the brochure she put in my bag said they would take my credit card number and perpetually charge me forever.

It took over 45 minutes on the phone with these people to have them cancel my order...

It might not be worth the risk...Especially if you're paying by credit card...

If you really want a PB/PBK rebate, it might be worth looking into the store charge card that they offer...Special incentives/coupons and stuff...

:) Jen

mom to Emily, Sarah & Abigail

mommabear
05-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I didn't have to put any cc info on the form and I paid cash. Could they still get cc info?

wzly
05-25-2007, 09:32 AM
That is soooo good to hear! Sounds like you're just fine! I paid by credit card and the guy on the phone literally was finding every reason under the sun not to cancel my order...

I think you are fine! And hopefully you'll get the maagzine soon, too!

:) Jen