PDA

View Full Version : Amother Amazon Cancellation Question...

GB
05-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Anyone get a cancellation notice on items that have already been shipped and received? With all the shipping charges added to everyone's order, I'm a little worried they're going to try to jack the price up on the items I received.

Jo..
05-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Haha I just got one this morning for the Vtech stuff, which I received. Too late Amazon, too bad, so sad.

I think they messed up (again) because that order was split into 2 groups, a couple items that haven't yet shipped, and the V tech stuff. They sent the email on the wrong part of the order.

I had to start a spreadsheet to keep track of what they are shipping and charging me to make sure I don't get hosed.

Still, I got a lot of stuff at great prices, so it makes the trouble ALMOST worth it.

GB
05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
So far I've avoided the shipping charges fiasco. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into a big pain if they try to charge me for the difference. I don't have time to deal with this. At least I hope I won't but this baby isn't cooperating.

BTW, Jo - it was the order with all the Plan Toys that I sent you earlier to get your refund. Now I really feel like I got the deal of the century!

Jo..
05-25-2007, 09:23 AM
You sooo did. You really got some of the best stuff, the things that everyone wanted! That castle!!!

GB
05-25-2007, 10:26 AM
DH thinks that Amazon won't figure out they shipped it and will actually refund my CC. I highly doubt it but that would be really cool!

Maxlee
05-25-2007, 11:17 AM
They cancelled most of my stuff and are now trying to charge me shipping. I just called and the guy I spoke to was very angry and hard to understand. I think he said they are going to cancel the rest of my orders and that they are going to tell people who already got their stuff that they have to pay the full price or send the stuff back. Can they do that?????

He also told me that all the prices on the website at the time I placed my order were incorrect . . . he said some other stuff but i didn't really understand him

Laurel
05-25-2007, 11:30 AM
They can't possibly do that. Imagine if you bought an item in a store on sale, took it home, started using it and then a few days later the store decided to charge your card again for more...I can't imagine that such a thing is 1. legal and 2. smart business practice. Once the transaction is complete and the buyer has the item, they can't change the price legally, right?

If Amazon were to pull that I would think they would be in a world of legal trouble or at least get some pretty bad media attention.

GB
05-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I figured they couldn't legally do it but I sure hope they don't try. I can always dispute the CC charges if they do. I'll just have to keep my eye on it.

Zana
05-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh I really hope not...I just got my plan toys yesterday (nothing was cancelled, the whole order came through..although I couldnt get the castle..you lucky thing you!).

Do keep us posted though Im horrible at keeping track of these things!

TwinsItIs
05-25-2007, 01:27 PM
I want to try my luck over the Plan Toys dishwasher set. What's the best method to try and fight it?

Thanks

o_mom
05-25-2007, 01:57 PM
They can't do that. Once the items shipped, that is a binding contract for those items at that price (according to the lawyer folks who post on FatWallet). They cannot force you to send it back or pay a higher price.

o_mom
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
They can't change the price after it ships or make you send it back. We saw this with Sears last year with the bike trailers. People who recieved the item got it at the sale price, but those that were cancelled before the item shipped were just OOL. There were some charges and credits before it was all said and done, but in the end nobody had to pay more and even though they tried to make some people send them back they really had no legal backing to that.

I think with the shipping charge bit, they probably sent through something to cancel all the items, that then automatically added the shipping charges when the totals dropped below $25. Now they have to go back and manually fix all the orders to remove the shipping, but are probably swamped with ticked off people in the meantime. I would hate to be the one found responsible for this - these poor CSRs will probably be working overtime on the holiday weekend to sort it out.

GB
05-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the info! That's good to know. If they try any funny business, I think I'll just ignore them.