PDA

View Full Version : Looking for deal for a powered ride-on

oneontheway
05-27-2007, 01:31 PM
My DS is turning 2 and my husband wants to get him a ride-on but they seem so expensive, anyone have suggestions on where to find a deal?

Thanks!

emschwar
05-27-2007, 02:30 PM
TRU has a little one on sale for half price today and tomorrow.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2310754&cp
It's $39.99 in store.

oneontheway
05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the info!! I sent my husband to look at that one but he said it looked sort of cheap and that DS would out grow it quickly... so the hunt is still one.

TwinsItIs
05-29-2007, 02:13 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HBNLEO/103-5703133-0203868

I just bought this for a very low price. It's 60 bucks now. If you really want it, you can drop me a line, as I don't need it THAT much.

oneontheway
05-30-2007, 07:44 AM
That is a great price, thanks for the info. I think we need a bigger one though because DS would out grow it so fast. Thanks again!

Tondi G
05-30-2007, 02:22 PM
we have the Diego version of that lil quad. DS got it for his 2nd birthday and he LOVES it! Sure he will probably outgrow it in a year or two.... my VERY big almost 6 year old still steals his lil bros quad sometimes and it has held up beautifully! I highly recommend starting out with one of these! All the 2 year olds on our blocks dig it and it gets tons of use. I think it is easier for them to deal with just a botton on the handle bars than trying to understand a foot pedal and to take their foot off when they are running into the bushes!!!!

We also have a HUGE Monster truck ride on that DS#1 got when he was 3 for Christmas and it is still popular but DS is outgrowing it (leg space). I recommend buying the quad style vs the truck ones. The monster truck also will not fit through front doors of homes (unless you have a double door). You will need a garage space to store it and keep it out of the elements!

Just some info I thought I would share!

Good Luck!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

oneontheway
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Does yours handle okay on grass? We live on a main street so grass is his only option.

Thanks!!