PDA

View Full Version : Kidkraft Lil' Gourmet Kitchen reduced to $40 Tuesday Morning

MMMommy
05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
I was at Tuesday Morning the other day and noticed that the Kidkraft Lil' Gourmet Kitchen had gone down to $40. It had a 60% off sticker on it, reducing it from $100 to $40. Great deal for this kitchen, and I highly recommend it at that price. My two girls have it and love it. I especially like the island style, the primary colors, and the fact that it comes with a chef's hat, apron, steel spatula and pot and pan. Very substantial kitchen for the price.

It's the same as this one below--

http://store.platinumgalleria.com/kidkraft-lil-gourmet-kitchen-53120.html

trumansmom
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Just FYI, we got that one for Eleanor a year or so ago and I thought it was a great deal at $99! I agree with everything she said above!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

s7714
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Does TM go by item numbers of any sort, or can I just give them the item name when calling? I'd been thinking about getting the Target kitchen for my DDs birthday, but this one would be so much better since it has two working sides!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

MMMommy
05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm sure TM has an item number on the receipt when purchased. Unfortunately, I don't have that item number. Hopefully if you call, you will get someone knowledgable and familiar with the merchandise that can either tell you whether they have it in stock or not. I saw two of them at Tuesday Morning in Redwood City, CA over the weekend. You could try calling them to at least get the item number. Not sure how helpful the staff will be, but it's worth a shot.

BeachBum
05-31-2007, 07:21 AM
I just wanted to add another thumbs up for this kitchen. We paid $75 for it and I thought it was a good price then :) We've had it for 6 mo and it has held up well so far and is fun.
My mom got the same one on a Tues Morning one day sale for $26. She keeps hers on the porch for mudpie cooking. Talk about a super deal!

fattytuna
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Thank you! Just got one for DD, although I don't think I can wait for almost two more months for her birthday. A lot of times I'm the one who's more excited to put together a new toy for DD.

Now I just have to convince DH it's a REALLY good deal. As DH always says, a man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs; A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale. But this is for DD :)

BTW, if anyone live near Danville, CA, there's still one left in the store as of noon today.

jenny.d
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Sounds like a saying my dad used to use, "We're going broke saving money!"

MMMommy
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Katherine--You may want to open up the box and check the pieces even if you are not going to build it yet. That way, if there are any defective or missing pieces (scratched, chipped, etc.), you can call Kidkraft Customer Service right away and order any replacements parts. So long as they have the parts, Kidkraft will quickly send you replacements free of charge. When we bought ours, some pieces were less than perfect, so I got replacement pieces and everything turned out just right.

I'm always telling DH that I return half the stuff I buy, and his response is "Why can't you just NOT buy?" I can't resist a bargain....

fattytuna
06-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks very much for the tip, Karen! I will open the box tomorrow to make sure all the pieces are ok!

fattytuna
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Jennifer,

I just checked my receipt and it rang up under SKU 5874215. Also, the store I went to had it marked to 50% off, so I asked them to double check. They came back and confirmed it's down to 60% or $39.99.

wencit
06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Katherine,

Thanks so much for the tip! I went to Danville this afternoon and bought the last one. It was my first time at that particular store, and boy, was I surprised! Apparently not all Tuesday Mornings are built alike! The one in Pleasanton is tiny and cramped, so I thought all TMs were the same way. Well, the one in Danville is probably about 3 or 4 times as big and carries many more products. I was pleasantly surprised.

It was kind of funny, because the guy helping me carry the kitchen out to my car asked me how I knew to look for it at their store (I called ahead and asked them to hold it for me). He said it was quite a coincidence that he sold the very same kitchen yesterday. I laughed and said my "friend" told me about the deal. :)

Thanks again for the tip!

JTsMom
06-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Thank you! Found one for DS today here in Buford, GA. Didn't see any more though. I'm SO excited to put it together. I went into the store explaining to DH that I was starting my Christmas stash early, and came out explaining that DS needed it TODAY. LOL

fattytuna
06-03-2007, 04:01 AM
No problem, Erica, I'm glad to be of some help to someone else! It was my first time to the Danville store too. The person who helped us sure was a very nice gentleman, wasn't he?

DH is usually very vocal about product quality. For instance, when we go shopping for furniture, I'm looking at the style and the comfort of the pieces, he just goes right up to something and shakes the heck out of, say, the dresser, and concludes, "not very sturdy" or "not very well made". Well, he put the kitchen together this afternoon and didn't say anything negative about it - plus he thought it was a trip that it holds a life-size paper towel on the side! So thank you, ladies, for all your helpful tips and positive reviews - this was a great find!

Now I only wish TM also had the matching fridge :)

mom22boys
06-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for this!! I just picked one up yesterday and my boys love it!

MMMommy
06-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Katherine--

Overstock.com has the matching fridge for $59.99. Not a "steal" compared to the $40 kitchen, but a good accessory. I bought my two pieces from Babyuniverse.com with coupon codes for real cheap before Xmas last year, but I don't think they sell the Lil' Gourmet line anymore.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Lil-Gourmet-Childrens-Play-Refrigerator/2195720/product.html?searchtype=HP_Header&keywords=lil'%20gourmet

deannanb
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Couldn't find one at all in Dallas....
I went to 5 different Tuesday Mornings and no one had it!