PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy the new Harry Potter book?

Corie
06-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I think we've got about 40-something days until the new Harry Potter book
comes out and I was hoping someone would know the cheapest place to
buy it.

I saw that Borders has it 40% off if you buy it now.

I'm thinking that 40% off is going to be the best deal.

Where are you buying your copy???

Thanks!

kdeunc
06-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Amazon has it for $17.99, free shipping and if the price drops between now and release date you will get the lower price. I think I may go ahead and place my order. I don't know if it gets mailed on the release date or is scheduled to arrive on release date. I can wait a couple of days for a cheaper price :)

o_mom
06-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll probably do the same as last time and get it at Sam's club. I don't remember how much but it was similar to the Amazon pre-sale price and they had it either on the day of release or within a day or two. I will probably wait if I can, since we are planning a vacation with a long drive the beginning of August.

Corie
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Can you read in the car? I totally wish I could!! It makes me very nauseous!

I can't even flip through a magazine!!

tobycat
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Costco had the last book on the release date same price as everone else's "Presale" price. No need to give away my money before necessary. They had plenty of copies, so no chance of running out.

candi

hellokitty
06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I plan to get it at sam's club on the day it is released as well. That is what I have done for the past few HP issues. My mailman does not get to our house until late afternoon. There is no way I am waiting that long, and there is no way I am going to B&N and paying full price for a book too. Guess the kiddos and I can pencil in a trip to sam's on the morning of the HP release, lol.

fortato
06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Corie-
Get those kids to work for you...

Tell Carson to read it to you...then you can get a butt load of stuff done, and read the book.

Of course, she can't read it to you until after she mows the lawn and waxes your car.

linsei
06-05-2007, 07:35 PM
In the past, Wal-mart sells them at midnight the day of release. I'll probably get mine then. I can't possibly wait until the next morning to get mine!

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

emschwar
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I always get mine the morning it comes out at costco. I get there a few minutes before it opens, and march straight back to the books, where there's always a giant stack of HP books.

swt2th1
06-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I think I was surprised that the Wal-mart price was cheaper than the Costco price (last time at least).

o_mom
06-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I used to not be able to. I would get car sick to the point of vomiting if I tried to read or even sleep. Then we went on a long trip when I was in high school and it was like a switch had flipped. All of a sudden I could read in the car. I don't know if I was finally tall enough to see out the windows or what, but it was awesome. Now I spend my passenger time reading or knitting (when the kids are asleep).

I will say that if I sit in the third row center of the van I will still get nauseous. I think it is the combination of more movement back there and being far enough from windows that I don't see the movement with my peripheral vision.

billysmommy
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Amazon is scheduled to arrive on the release date and at least with the last one if it doesn't, they refund your money. I had ordered HP & the Half Blood Prince from Amazon and it was supposed to arrive on the release date - it was a Saturday (I think). It never came so I emailed Amazon and they credited my account just after midnight that night (they said they were waiting to make sure it didn't show up as some were being delivered as late as 10:00pm)
I went to Target that night and bought it (they had tones left) - On Monday morning my copy from Amazon showed up so I returned that one back to Target.