PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best deal on a Dyson Vacuum?

suzhatch1
06-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Wondering where the best places are to finally plop down my money for a Dyson vacuum. Preferably I'm looking for the DC14 (All Floors) or the DC17 (Animal).

Target has the DC14 (both their exclusive model & the regular All Floors) for about $450, plus they have some special gift cert special where you get $40+ or so applied toward your purchase. And if I go thru Ebates, I get 4% cash back. In all, it works out basically just to cover the sales tax (WA State), so my total is still about $450.

Wondering if anyone has found anything better? I've been debating getting one of these for a couple months now & my eyes are going buggy trying to find the best deal.

TIA!,
Suz :)

suzhatch1
06-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Wondering where the best places are to finally plop down my money for a Dyson vacuum. Preferably I'm looking for the DC14 (All Floors) or the DC17 (Animal).

Target has the DC14 (both their exclusive model & the regular All Floors) for about $450, plus they have some special gift cert special where you get $40+ or so applied toward your purchase. And if I go thru Ebates, I get 4% cash back. In all, it works out basically just to cover the sales tax (WA State), so my total is still about $450.

Wondering if anyone has found anything better? I've been debating getting one of these for a couple months now & my eyes are going buggy trying to find the best deal.

TIA!,

katydid1971
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
A friend of mine bought her Dyson with the 20% off coupon from bed bath and beyond. If they have what you want that could save you $90.
hth
Sarah

katydid1971
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
A friend of mine bought her Dyson with the 20% off coupon from bed bath and beyond. If they have what you want that could save you $90.
hth
Sarah

Nu_mama
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
The best deal I have seen is Target offering a $100 dollar gift card with dyson purchase. I have only seen it once, but know they'll do it again...I would wait for that and then go through ebates.

Nu_mama
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
The best deal I have seen is Target offering a $100 dollar gift card with dyson purchase. I have only seen it once, but know they'll do it again...I would wait for that and then go through ebates.

sidmand
06-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I also found the best deal at either Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things. I was very surprised you could use the 20% off coupon, but you could! I forget which model I have, but it was also on sale and it ended up costing around $350 I believe.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

sidmand
06-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I also found the best deal at either Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things. I was very surprised you could use the 20% off coupon, but you could! I forget which model I have, but it was also on sale and it ended up costing around $350 I believe.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

tinatruong
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
I know you may be stuck in the DYSON but read the reviews on the DYSON amazon and then read the one on the BISSELL 3990 Total Floors Velocity Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-3990-Velocity-Bagless-Upright/dp/B000HRY304/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8829115-4927904?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1181688914&sr=8-1

I did a WHOLE lot of research and found this one to be sooo much less 139.00 on amazon and free shipping and looking a the reviews alot of these people also went through 2+ Dyson and finally found one that was better and so much cheaper..

I was looking into getting a DYSON myself until I spent 2 hours reading reviews on several sites and doing my own research.. its a great deal normaly 179.99 and on sale for 139.00 free shipping and no tax!

tinatruong
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
I know you may be stuck in the DYSON but read the reviews on the DYSON amazon and then read the one on the BISSELL 3990 Total Floors Velocity Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-3990-Velocity-Bagless-Upright/dp/B000HRY304/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8829115-4927904?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1181688914&sr=8-1

I did a WHOLE lot of research and found this one to be sooo much less 139.00 on amazon and free shipping and looking a the reviews alot of these people also went through 2+ Dyson and finally found one that was better and so much cheaper..

I was looking into getting a DYSON myself until I spent 2 hours reading reviews on several sites and doing my own research.. its a great deal normaly 179.99 and on sale for 139.00 free shipping and no tax!

Jo..
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I have to second this...I was "this" close to getting a Dyson before reading all the reviews on Amazon, Epinions, and CR...I don't feel that you should have to spend $400 for a quality vacuum!

Jo..
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I have to second this...I was "this" close to getting a Dyson before reading all the reviews on Amazon, Epinions, and CR...I don't feel that you should have to spend $400 for a quality vacuum!

smzapalac
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
We purchased our Dyson, and got a great deal, at CostCo. They are currently selling 2-3 different models. We purchased our Animal for under $350 with an in-store instant rebate. My mom has the Hoover Windtunnel that is Dyson's direct competitor in the lower end $ vacuums. She purchased it after we got ours, and just took hers in for service. Ended up needing a new filter and spent $$$ for a new filter. Dyson's filters are washable and they give you an extra filter free, so you are never supposed to need one. I know they are a little pricey, however, it is the best vacuum we have had. You will be amazed at how gross your carpets are after one use of the Dyson. I wanted to rip out the carpet or move it picked up so much stuff, and our house was only 6 months old. GROSS. Good luck!

smzapalac
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
We purchased our Dyson, and got a great deal, at CostCo. They are currently selling 2-3 different models. We purchased our Animal for under $350 with an in-store instant rebate. My mom has the Hoover Windtunnel that is Dyson's direct competitor in the lower end $ vacuums. She purchased it after we got ours, and just took hers in for service. Ended up needing a new filter and spent $$$ for a new filter. Dyson's filters are washable and they give you an extra filter free, so you are never supposed to need one. I know they are a little pricey, however, it is the best vacuum we have had. You will be amazed at how gross your carpets are after one use of the Dyson. I wanted to rip out the carpet or move it picked up so much stuff, and our house was only 6 months old. GROSS. Good luck!

wencit
06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Can you possibly wait a few months, or do you need the vacuum right now?

I just snagged a DC14 All Floors from woot.com for $265 shipped. I know Woot had a DC07 on sale back in March (which I missed). I'm guessing they might have another Dyson on sale in a few months, so if you don't need the vacuum right away, you might want to wait a little while and stalk woot.com in the meantime. :)

wencit
06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Can you possibly wait a few months, or do you need the vacuum right now?

I just snagged a DC14 All Floors from woot.com for $265 shipped. I know Woot had a DC07 on sale back in March (which I missed). I'm guessing they might have another Dyson on sale in a few months, so if you don't need the vacuum right away, you might want to wait a little while and stalk woot.com in the meantime. :)

brianaw
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I got a DC14 Animal for $325 about a month ago. There was a deal with Lowes (in Texas- someone from message board posted it) where it was on sale for like $400 or something. So I went under Lowes and picked the store I wanted to shop in by using the zip code. I added it to my cart and then printed it up. I then went to Bed Bath and Beyond and had them price match plus I was able to use my Linens and Things 20% off coupon I found online. The manager was very nice and had no problems with what I was doing. I think they were selling it for close to $600!

brianaw
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I got a DC14 Animal for $325 about a month ago. There was a deal with Lowes (in Texas- someone from message board posted it) where it was on sale for like $400 or something. So I went under Lowes and picked the store I wanted to shop in by using the zip code. I added it to my cart and then printed it up. I then went to Bed Bath and Beyond and had them price match plus I was able to use my Linens and Things 20% off coupon I found online. The manager was very nice and had no problems with what I was doing. I think they were selling it for close to $600!

brianaw
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I just saw this on a board:
www.kohls.com has the Dysonâ„¢ DC07 Low Reach Vacuum on sale for $319.99. Another 30% off with FATHERSSAVE. Orig $539.99. There may be another stackable code out there. You have to use a Kohls card.
http://www.kohls.com/products/produc...18135 3831589
Subtotal
$319.99
Percent Off (30%)
-$96.00
Shipping (FREE, excludes surcharges)
$7.50
Tax
$18.52

Total
$250.01

brianaw
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I just saw this on a board:
www.kohls.com has the Dysonâ„¢ DC07 Low Reach Vacuum on sale for $319.99. Another 30% off with FATHERSSAVE. Orig $539.99. There may be another stackable code out there. You have to use a Kohls card.
http://www.kohls.com/products/produc...18135 3831589
Subtotal
$319.99
Percent Off (30%)
-$96.00
Shipping (FREE, excludes surcharges)
$7.50
Tax
$18.52

Total
$250.01

maureenev
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
This post caught my eye.....and I can't help myself from replying! I have the Dyson DC14 Animal, but can't recommend to anyone that they spend that kind of money on that particular vacuum. I spent several months comparing and reading reviews (and convincing my husband!). I really thought that the DC14 was the answer to my ongoing dog hair infested house problem. For several reasons I soon realized that it wasn't. Not a terrible vacuum, but for the money it should perform a lot better. Last week I finally cut my losses and bought the Eureka Boss vacuum that was rated best for dog hair by the most recent Consumer Reports reviews. It is $150 and combined with the 20% coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond, it was the best money I have spent in a long time! Works great! Sorry about the unsolicited information....but I couldn't resist!!!

suzhatch1
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
No problem w/the post! I'm glad you answered. I've been on the fence about a Dyson for a couple months now & thought that if I could find a great deal on it, it would make me feel less guilty about endulging in such an expensive vacuum.

I keep hearing people justify it by saying that if you spend $450 on a Dyson, you will have it FOREVER & it will probably be the last vacuum you buy & it works great & is wonderful.

However, I keep coming back to the cons to that justification by thinking that if I spend $450 now, what happens when technology changes & in 5 yrs there is something better? My hope of course would be that my $450 Dyson would be the last vacuum I ever buy, LOL! (Although I'm sure it won't last me the rest of my years, I'm not THAT old, LOL!)

The other vacuum that I was considering was the Hoover Windtunnel (possibly the self-propelled version). I've heard great things about that one as well & it sounds like good competition w/the Dyson. And yeah, the Hoover costs about $180-$200, so half as much as the Dyson. And in my past experience, vacuums seem to last us about 5-7 yrs. So for $200, a vacuum that lasts 5 yrs seems pretty good actually, because in 5 yrs I'm betting there will be an improvement to the Dyson (or an improvement to vacuums altogether) wouldn't you think? And if I had invested in an expensive Dyson now, I'd probably still want the latest & greatest, more expensive version of whatever comes out in 5-7 yrs anyway, kwim?

So that's my mental argument that I keep going back & forth with in my head. If the Hoover Windtunnel works just as great for suction as the Dyson, then I'll probably just get that now. Anyone have any comments on the Windtunnel? (Hijacking my own thread to ask opinions on a totally diff vacuum, LOL!)

katydid1971
06-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I have to give you a thumbs down on the windtunnel. The filters are very expensive and it only works so so. We have the boss one that consumer reports recomends for $150 and it cleans as well as the wind tunnel and the fliters are like $15. If you buy the wind tunnel get it at costco so when you decide you hate it you can take it back no problems (I did.)
Sarah

wencit
06-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I have the Hoover Windtunnel (not the self-propelled version), which was replaced last week by the Dyson. :P It is a few years old, but I just hated that thing. The suction was totally weak, and it felt like a cheaply made vacuum (started falling apart within a year or so). When I used one of the attachments, I could tell that there was hardly any suction.

On the other hand, I do love my Dyson, but I don't think it's worth the $450 price tag. It is a well-designed, well-constructed, powerful vacuum, but $450 is too steep, IMO. If you can get a great price on it (someone posted a deal for the DC07 at about $250), then it might be worth it.

Otherwise, how about the Fusion? I have heard some good things about it, and it's a fraction of the cost of a Dyson.

jc abbys mom
06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
For those of you who have a dyson, question???

How loud exactly is this vacuum?? I'm just wondering if it might be quieter than the vacuum we currently have.

Thanks,
Jill

karolyp
06-22-2007, 09:42 PM
that is the same reason why i returned my dyson and got the boss (which i really love). i felt that for the $ i spent, it should perform better. but the boss out performs it hands down.

wencit
06-22-2007, 11:27 PM
The Dyson is quieter than my old Windtunnel, but not by much. It's still fairly loud.

Drag0nflygirl
06-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Wow. I loooove my Windtunnel. I've had it for 5 years now and it's still great. I did get the top of the line at the time though. It's self propelled, but with the bag. The whole dumping out the chamber thing grossed me out. But, as always, YMMV.

Nancy