PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have tips on getting a good deal on a train table??

vickimaggie
06-17-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm thinking of getting DD a train table (and a train) for Christmas. Anyone have any tips on getting a good deal? Or if you see a deal could you post it? Last year Costco had one that was pretty reasonable so right now that is my plan but I'd love to know if you ladies find any better deals. Thanks.

kayte
06-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Tuesday Morning had nice ones on sale last winter-- November I think. But Ihave seen one there not too long ago too. You might try there now.

HTH

DebbieJ
06-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Costco is probably the way to go.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

daniele_ut
06-17-2007, 04:27 PM
We really looove our Costco train table. It's the one thing in this house that gets played with every single day. The table alone was worth the $129.00 it cost, and the trundles and train set just added to the value. In 6 months old hard play I've only had one piece break.

deannanb
06-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I saw some at Tuesday Morning within the last 2 weeks - was looking for the kitchen, but didn't find it.

I think the price was $49 or $69

I want to say the brand was KidKraft, but I'm not sure.

icunurse
06-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I purchased one last year during the big toy clearance Target has around July (maybe August?). It sells for $80 regular, got ours for $20. It's very sturdy and a good size, I honestly don't have any complaints about it. They have redesigned it for this year, though (drawers are different and it has a train pattern on the sides), so I'm not sure if the drawers are as big as last year. But for $20... ;)

nd93
06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Are they always available at Costco? I looked online and saw none.

debsterchen
06-18-2007, 10:03 PM
The train tables are seasonal at Costco. They come on sale in the fall I think - for Xmas- and are gone by January. I tried to buy one once for DD in January and they had just returned them all to the manufacturer.

-Debbie

nd93
06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks! I will have to look for them this fall then!

brittone2
06-19-2007, 08:26 AM
We're happy Costco train table owners too. DS has had his since Christmas 05, and we've been very happy with it. One trundle holds our track and trains, the other side holds a LOT of unit blocks. Great storage for the price.

Some people don't like the quality of the set that comes with it (I agree, not the greatest, but DS is pretty easy on toys and has really enjoyed the parking garage from the set we own). However, for the price, getting the table plus the trundles and additional track, etc. is a steal.

Ours was used a lot initially, then DS wasn't as into it for a while. He's not quite 3 1/2 yet and for the past 6+ months it has been played with every single day extensively again.

They go on sale early...like Sept/Oct if I remember right, and often sell out well before the holidays, so keep your eyes peeled in early fall.

nd93
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks! I will definitely start looking this fall!!