PDA

View Full Version : Any Home Decorators Collection codes or coupons around?

charleneand2
06-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I am loving a rug in there but hating the price. :) I have done my own internet search but I can't seem to find anything that will apply to the rug. TIA,
Charlene

robertrose
06-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Try this:

-15% off code

Hope it works! :-)
Grace

charleneand2
06-19-2007, 09:29 PM
It worked! Thanks so much!

Charlene

robertrose
06-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Glad to help :-)

oneplustwo
06-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Grace, you rock! We had been eyeing a linen cabinet on their site (actually, on their outlet site), and the code worked for us too! Thank you!!

robertrose
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
You are SO welcome! I love a good deal anyday....and personally, I hate buying anything high-priced online, without a discount code. No matter how little, it still feels better to save that bit!

Glad to help!:-)
Happy shopping!

Grace

lil_acorn
06-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I've been eyeing their pretty shoe cabinets - the only site I've been able to find where they aren't just racks. These are cabinet/furniture looking - but they're $300. Has anyone purchased one or can attest to the general quality of this site's products?

nupe
06-22-2007, 02:04 PM
I have only requested rug swatches from them. I wasn't impressed by those.

robertrose
06-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Have never ordered anything from them either. They do have some great Sale and closeout prices, however. I've just never gotten around to ordering.

I do think they are affiliated with Home Depot in someway.

Grace

oneplustwo
06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I've never gotten anything from them either, but they were one of the very few places where I could find a storage cabinet/etagere that was 10" or less in depth, which is what we need. If people are interested, I can report back once we receive the cabinet we just ordered. I am not expecting really high quality, but rather something serviceable that I won't mind if it gets dinged by the kiddoes. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!

And yes, they are part of the Home Depot empire.

robertrose
06-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Am looking forward to hearing about your purchase when it comes in! LEt us know the quality fo the piece. You're right, when the price is right and the kids are going to ding it up anyways....

Hope its a great piece.

Grace

bombelle
06-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi

Do read this thread ..its long but then u can read the end.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=537460

robertrose
06-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Yuck. Maybe it was an isolated incident? (The $6 pot rack). I actually considered purchasing that when it went on super duper sale.

Hope everyone elses orders turn out ok. PLease post if they do. I am interested to find out.

Thanks.
Grace

oneplustwo
06-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh my, that doesn't sound so good. We'll see what happens with my order.

There were a lot of negative reviews at epinions too, including some feedback on a shoe cabinet (a pp was asking about their quality): http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_Stores_Services-Home_Decorators_Collection

Cross your fingers for me that this doesn't turn into a $100 disaster.

kransden
06-23-2007, 12:47 AM
They are based in St. Louis, and I shopped their outlet all the time. Plus my friend worked there for a few years and bought me some great stuff. They get all of their items from various vendors and occasionally switch vendors too. So who made the umbrella this year might not be the same company as last year. I have a patio umbrella and stand, a bathroom baker's rack set, vanity stool. All of which have been great. The wood products that are painted always seemed very nice in the store, especially the more ornate styles. The items that are like a walnut or cherry finish seemed ok. I did have a wooden office wastebasket that I used as an umbrella stand by the front door with a plastic liner. It still looked great after 5 years of dripping umbrellas, getting blasted by cold air, hot air and very little care.

So I can recommend the outdoor furniture and their metal products without reservation. The wood stuff seems ok based on my limited knowledge. It seemed along the lines of the Bombay Company. They did have a good return policy.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

oneplustwo
06-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I started feeling really nervous this morning at 5 a.m. (darned early sunrise waking up one of my DC!) and thinking I would just cancel the order today, but turns out they've already shipped the cabinet -- they sent an email about that at 3 a.m. And they have a temporary hold on my credit card for the correct amount (meaning, including the discount). So far so good.

MATTYSMOMMY
06-26-2007, 10:04 AM
I do not have a coupon, but wanted to say I just got a rug from them - it is better quality than I expected, very thick and easy to clean!

alexsmommy
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I have a desk from them and for the price, it was what I expected. Not top of the line, but I wasn't looking to spend that kind of money. It was better quality than a more expensive one from Target. It looks great and people always think that we spent way more than we did. I have a friend who was a former interior decorator and she's the one who recommended them to me. They get their inventory from all over so you have to be willing to take a chance a bit, but thus far, I haven't heard any complaints from my friend either.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07

charleneand2
06-26-2007, 06:05 PM
I just wanted to add that I got my rug and it is really nice and it even arrived ahead of schedule. I am very pleased.
Thanks again,
Charlene

robertrose
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the follow ups! Charlene - I am so glad you like your rug. I think I am going to check them out tonight and see if I can find something fun for the house :-)

Grace

oneplustwo
06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Yay, glad the rug worked out for you! Our linen cabinet arrived today, a couple days ahead of schedule too. We had company today so I haven't had a chance to open it. It is a monster of a box! It's an RTA piece but my DH thinks it is mostly pre-assembled b/c the box is so big. Can't wait to check it out tomorrow.