PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when the Old Navy Clearance goes to 50%?

babyready
06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
This was a GREAT deal last year and I got half of dd's wardrobe for this summer during this sale. Last time I was there, things were down 30%. Any idea when the big sale starts?

THANKS!

babyready
06-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, OK. I just checked online and see that it is 50% online. Darn. Anyone know how long it has been going on? Is stuff going to be wiped out. Can't get there until tonight...

ETA: Dh looked and it isn't 50% off the already clearance price sale. Just some random things on sale. Nothing great.

So, the question remains, anyone remember when the big sale is?

Club924
06-26-2007, 01:14 PM
if you're looking for the addtl 50% off sale, i think it's around july 19th-20th. based on my CC activity last year (just checked online), i remember going to the sale right after my dentist appt and it was addtl 50% off and i bought TONS of summer stuff for DD.

i've heard they like to start the sales on a wed or thur. but don't quote me on it...they might decide to do it sooner/later.

canada
06-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Someone at SD called their local store and reported that they will start their 50% off clearance on July 6 - that's a Friday.

Maybe a good idea to call your local store to confirm the date.

It was also mentioned that you could buy your stuff now and then do a price adjustment (good for 2 weeks after date of purchase) for the extra 50 off. Not sure of this myself since I'm not a regular Old Navy shopper.

Anyone?

babyready
06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh, this is a good idea. They do have a good price adjustment policy and this way things won't be picked over. Hmmm...

calv
07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
anyone call and ask about the 'summer 50% off" sale? I'm wondering if it will count towards next weeks sale. I'm really hoping that's an additional 50% off once FRI rolls around. Can anyone PLEASE CONFIRM this? I stocked up today and hope to get a price adjusment after7/6.

What do you think?

brianaw
07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Just the clearance items that have clearance stickers will be an extra 50% off. I've heard that they will mark a few things down from the regular merchandise but not everything that is 50% off right now will be marked down.

HTH

DrSally
07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I asked when the sale would be at my local ON, but 2 SA and a manager had no idea.

urquie
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
my store isn't having one :(

charleneand2
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I just called my stores and they all said that it would be "in the next week or so". They sure didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. They said keep ckecking the store. One did say it was in the next week. They will do price adjustments for 2 weeks.

Good luck!
Charlene

leah_rose
07-02-2007, 09:38 PM
How do you go about doing the price adjustments?

LD92599
07-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Simply bring your receipt back and ask for the PA. They make it super easy! I've never had to bring my merchandise with me.

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

MMMommy
07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
My Old Navy said the 50% off sale starts Friday.

trumansmom
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
If I go today and buy a bunch of stuff, and it goes an additional 50% off tomorrow, I can get a price adjustment? Will this be on all clearance?

I can go today, but I can't go tomorrow, so that would be awesome!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kaylinsmommy2
07-05-2007, 01:17 PM
yes, you can get a price adjustment later. BUT, on slickdeals.net, people are saying that they will put new items on clearence tomorrow, so that the selection will be even better tomorrow. That said, I've gone to these sales on the second day and still gotten very good stuff. :)

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04 and Carter 3/8/07

jess
07-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I called my two area Old Navys this morning and was told by both that the extra 50% sale would not be occuring--one stated that they just received a notice from cooperate about it, and had to go around and remove all the signage. The other told me that Old Navy has been selling enough units without the sale and decided not to do it at this time. I was wondering if the no-sale is occuring at all Old Navys?

happy2bamom
07-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Just got back from ON, and ours isn't having the 50% off the clearance prices sale. I"m not sure if it will have it eventually ornot. The sales associate said that they would probably have it soon, but she didn't have any details. any one else get a positive response?

kdeunc
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I got the same story at my Old Navy (in NC). The associate said that it would probably start in a few weeks, that the 50%off today was the "kickoff".

brianaw
07-06-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm so sad because I bought a bunch of stuff in order to get the price adjustment. I wonder if I can return and re-buy it so that I will have an additional 2 weeks for a price adjustment? That is a major bummer.

AddiesMom
07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I was just at Worcester, MA. Most baby now 50% or more off original price, signs up but not tagged with orange tags or orange tags still 30% off. I had a bunch of things that were on 50% racks but needed to be overrided.

happy2bamom
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
When checking out today, I read that they will only do a price adjustment for 7 days after a sale. YOu may want to double check with you store's policy (I noticed that some people mentioned a 2 week grace period). Just an FYI

jawilli4
07-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I spoke to someone in my Old Navy and he said the same thing about having to take down the signs at the last minute. The SA was really nice and tried to get more info for me to no avail. I was pretty put off about what I will term as the interesting move by coorporate. So, I went to The Childrens Place in my mall which was having an additional 50% off their sale prices and spent the money I had earmarked for the sale at Old Navy. So there Old Navy.

trumansmom
07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Me,too. :( However, I really can't complain too much. The prices were still pretty good. There were a couple of things I might not have purchased if I hadn't thought it was going to half price, but not much. Not enough to warrant returning stuff.

Bummer.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

LD92599
07-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I called the one in paramus park and was told, yes, clearance is additional 50% off so i went there at lunch and NOPE! it was 'just' 50% off - not additional as in the past. The SA wasn't sure when it would be additional % off.

The Garden State Plaza store said a quick "no" over the phone, so i didn't bother going there!

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

lilhilly
07-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I heard a radio ad yesterday (here in NJ) clearly advertising an "extra" 50 percent off clearance. At the stores, however, the sale was not on. According to posts on fatwallet, ON corporate pulled the sale at the last minute. Given that the ads ran, that's a little shady.

BargainMomforLuke
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
My store in Florida said it the sale would be back on in the next week or two. I think this is what happened:
(1) a bunch of people cleared out the clearance sections in hopes to do a price adjustment, so they just decided the sale wasn't necessary
OR
(2) they read on SD that everyone was going to come back & do a price adjustment, so they wanted many of these people to miss that 14-day window to do the PA.

Who knows. I agree it was shady. If the sale doesn't happen within the 14 days that I can do a price adjustment, I'm just going to return my stuff & be done with that store.

Natalie

scoop22
07-07-2007, 04:16 PM
i went to old navy today. talked to two different people. the one said we are running a sale. nope not the one i was looking for. she said they will not be running that sale this year. when checking out i asked again. she said they would be running the sale. she had heard several people asking about it. she thought it was more towards the end of july beginning of august. they had tons of the orange sale prices. she said when they have alot of clearance they have to get rid of them. we will see.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

JTsMom
07-07-2007, 06:54 PM
That is REALLY shady. That store keeps going further and further downhill. I used to love shopping there, now I avoid it. Everything seems to fall apart so quickly now, they don't have as many cute things as they used to, and their customer service leaves much to be desired.

xmasbabycomin
07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Same story here, extra % off clearance cancelled at last minute. However, SA did tell me that there is a rumor that it will be happening on the 14th, and she said 2 weeks for PA (which is also what it says online for online purchases). I figure whatever I use before then I will keep, PA or not, and otherwise I'll return what still has tags if I can't get a PA. BTW, there were a bunch of infant/toddler packaged pajamas that didn't have an orange sticker at my store, but some were $4.99 when I had them scan. ;)

xmasbabycomin
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Called again today and they said they'd find out for sure Friday.
I also emailed CS (and mentioned the NJ radio ad).

Lisa

kamileer
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I have been looking forward this this since I scored last summer. I hope they don't bail on us. That would stiiiiiiiiiiiiink!!!

jennyjohn99
07-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I asked when I was in there tonight and they said they thought it would be later in the month now.

http://lilypie.com/pic/060121/XcNO.jpg
http://b2.lilypie.com/JT9dm5.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/060121/FTdv.jpg
http://bn.lilypie.com/t36Tm5.png