PDA

View Full Version : IS there any way to get a one day pass to Costco?

jess_g
06-27-2007, 06:07 AM
I would love to go and check it out without signing up for a year membership. Is there any way to get a one day pass?

Thanks,

Jessica.

JTsMom
06-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm not sure if they ever do trial memberships there- I know BJ's does though- but, if you just want to check it out to see if it would be worth it, they'll let you in to look.

brittone2
06-27-2007, 07:42 AM
I've heard if someone buys you a gift card, you can use it without having a membership. If you have a friend or family member that can buy one for you, that would probably work.

kep
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
At our Costco, you have to show your membership card while using a gift card. Sorry!

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

DebbieJ
06-28-2007, 12:56 AM
They'll let you in to look around, but you can't buy without a membership.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

katydid1971
06-28-2007, 01:09 AM
IMO Costco is worth it if you don't have a membership to another club (ie Sam's Club, etc.) MIL and I spilt a membership so it is only $25/year for me. What you save on essentials is great, what you spend on extras will get you everytime!!! ;)
Sarah

anamika
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
What you save on
>essentials is great, what you spend on extras will get you
>everytime!!! ;)

LOL! Glad it's not just us!!

connor_mommy
06-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I split my membership with my sis and actually upgraded to the executive membership level. It's $100 a year, but you get 2% back on your anniversary. I also have the Costco Amex card and that gives back 1, 2 or 3% back, depending on where you use it, for me to spend back at Costco. For the last two years the rebates that I got back cancelled out the membership fee, plus I got a little bit more to spend. I think you have to spend $5000 a year for it to cancel out the membership fee.

HTH..

brittone2
06-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Huh. Bummer...I remember reading that the gift card thing worked in the past. That stinks :(

Before we were members we used the pharmacy for our dog's meds (he takes a med also given to humans) because they had the best price by far. You don't need a membership for the pharmacy. We did walk around and check out the place a few times, and eventually decided to join.

emschwar
06-29-2007, 09:17 AM
I got a prescription filled at costco last week and had to give them my membership card when I paid for it.

brittone2
06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
That's weird. I wonder if they changed their policy? I know for years groups like AARP specifically praised Costco pharmacy prices and they always specified you could use the pharmacy without a membership. A lot of other consumer groups have also said the same thing in the past when they've had segments about ways to cut prescription drug costs for seniors, etc.

Huh.

knaidel
07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I know this is from a few weeks ago, but we just received a somewhat expensive gift from Costco- we're not members, and don't live close enough that we'd go on a regular basis. I just found this info while browsing online:

"You must be a Costco member to purchase or reload Costco Cash Cards. Non-members may use the cash cards to shop in the warehouse or online. Costco Cash balances may be used toward membership or merchandise"