PDA

View Full Version : Gap B & M stores have good sales

kellij
06-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I just loaded up at the Gap. Just about everything seems to be on sale. I got some really cute flip flops for 5.99 and shirts for 6-10. I got DH pants that were 15, originally 50, dress shirts for 7 originally 50, and some sweaters for 2.97 originally 50. They even have army jackets for 9.97.

I looked online and the prices in-store are lower.

mom2aidan
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
the title says it all.
Happy Shopping!

kellij
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know if they do price adjustments for this?

JTsMom
06-29-2007, 04:22 PM
I think the price adjustment policy is one time within 14 days- they don't exclude sales or anything. Just take your receipt in, and they'll scan it and tell you if anything is lower.

One thing though- if it's one of their price "kills", it won't necessarily come up that way b/c it's an individual store markdown.

xmasbabycomin
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Just a reminder: look at the top of this forum for the link to the gap printout coupon: $10 off $40. However, it is not good for Gap Kids, only baby gap. My store didn't have super great deals like some, but after the 25% and coupon I still made out pretty darn good.

calv
06-30-2007, 08:55 AM
OMGosh thanks so much for pointing out the gap coupon. I got a few things yesterday and I'll be going back w/the $10 off coupon.

YOU ROCK!

kellij
06-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to register on that site for the coupon and it won't let me, it keeps having an error. Any ideas?

Thanks!

GB
06-30-2007, 01:01 PM
My Gap would let me either use the coupon or the 25% off, not both. Hopefully others have better luck. Great deals either way though!

nupe
06-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Same here--my baby gap said I could only use one additional discount, not the 25% and the coupon.

There was a woman in the store who bought stuff earlier this week who asked if she could price adjust and they basically told her no. I didn't hear the rest of the conversation but I saw they were still talking afterwards so don't know if she talked them into it later.

kellij
06-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I went to mine and they only let me use one -25% off or coupon.

I asked for a price adjustment for the stuff I bought last Sunday. She said no, so I just re-bought the things they still had and then returned them with the first receipt.

xmasbabycomin
06-30-2007, 11:03 PM
That's so annoying that they would only let you use one! On GR (another board) there were a couple of people who had trouble but at least a dozen got both discounts and some ALSO got an additional 10% off with this survey coupon. At first the cashier told me that I couldn't use both and I just said confidently, "could you please check again because I know plenty of people who have used both discounts." (Well, "know" online, right? :) ) Sure enough she called up some the Gap "Man" and silently continued to ring me up with both discounts.

Also, some people are being told all sales are final while some say they can return, some are able to get prices adjustments, some aren't.

I can't stand it when these policies are inconsistent! Here's my Gap's phone: 256.532.0873
Tell your Gap to have my Gap set them straight. :) Gap fight!

JTsMom
06-30-2007, 11:58 PM
ROFL @ Gap fight!

I can't believe everyone is having such problems. I haven't ventured out to mine, but it will be interesting to see how much I can save. :)

calebsmama03
07-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I wasn't able to use the $10/40 coupon but was getting so much I opened a Gap card and got an additional 15% off adult, but a straight 40% off baby sale stuff!! Great deals, too. Woo hoo!

littlecindy
07-02-2007, 09:52 AM
not sure if this is at all stores nor how long it lasts, but i was into gap last weds or thurs and all clearance was an additional 25% off. baby gap, gap kids, all gaps. (i'm in minnesota, this was at ridgedale mall).

babybunny
07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I was able to get the 25% off discount on the previously reduced sale items. I asked if I could use the $10 off $40 coupon (see above) -- not good on the sale items. But I was buying a $16.99 full price shirt as a gift for someone, so then she let me use the coupon. Crazy.

JTsMom
07-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I finally made it to my favorite Gap store. They actually took me in the back of the store, and helped me go through the stuff the didn't have out! It's a huge store, and they get tons of returns on things from all over the area, so they always have massive piles of clearance stuff. I had a huge pile of stuff that we took to go price check. Some of the things would come up a little high for my taste, but the manager would say, "Ok, how about X price?", knocking it down by like half! I got FIVE huge shopping bags stuffed full of stuff for $250! I really think it was probably $2,000 or more worth of stuff. For example, I paid $3 for $65 pants. I think they were just happy to clear stuff out. They said I had the longest receipt they'd ever seen. LOL

Oh, and they let me use 1 coupon too- did the same thing as above- applied it to one item (pj's) which I then got for free. I was almost too embarassed to ask them if they'd take it, but I had to do it just for this thread. :)

It's amazing how differently they act depending on which store you go to!

kellij
07-05-2007, 10:11 AM
My mouth actually dropped open when I heard they were willing to offer you things at whatever price!! Congratulations!! That's a super bargain story! I'm jealous.

robertrose
07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Please tell me you live in the Tampa, FL area. :-) And which mall it was........because I will start the car right now.

So jealous of your super duper deals. :-)
Grace

JTsMom
07-05-2007, 11:54 PM
LOL- sorry, Atlanta.

robertrose
07-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Rats. ;-) Thanks anyways! They just closed the Gap in the mall closest to me. I may drive to the other malls to check the sale out!

Still jealous of your sick deals. LOL :-)

Grace

Globetrotter
07-06-2007, 03:12 AM
LOL You are my bargain hunting hero! I think I would have passed out with excitement at the thought of digging through all those piles of clearance items :)