PDA

View Full Version : Need a bargain on a fridge

corrie23
07-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Anyone know of any? I don't need it to be too fancy, just a nice off-white fridge to update the one in our kitchen. Our spare fridge died and we want to replace the one in the kitchen and bump that one to the "spare" position. Any deals, coupons, or way to work a good appliance bargain?

ctmom
07-07-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm going out today to buy a fridge!! Home Depot is having a sale, so I'm bringing the printout from their website to Sears who will price match plus 10%. Also, I don't know where you live, but a salesman at a local appliance store told me the one I'm looking at is EnergyStar, so there is no sales tax in Connecticut. He actually told me to bring the printout to Sears for the price match plus 10%, because the unit I'm getting is originally $2,900 and the local place couldn't beat the price. Since it is such a big savings, he told me to go for it and not buy from him! Also, Maytag is offering rebates right now for certain refrigerators. Check their website to print out the form if you buy one and the store doesn't give it to you. After all is said and done, I think I'm going to get it for about $2,200!

hth!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

trentsmom
07-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Are there any "scratch and dent" places near you? You can get a good deal on appliances and usually can't find the damage. Sometimes they've even already replaced the damaged piece.

ctmom
07-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Just go back from Sears and I bought a fridge! Best Buy is having a good sale this weekend, as well as Home Depot. I brought the printout from bestbuy.com and Sears beat the price, plus 10% on the difference. They also are having a rebate for delivery if you purchase an appliance this weekend, so shipping, after rebate, is free.

Happy Shopping!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03