PDA

View Full Version : MeMovies on sale for $12.95!!!

jc abbys mom
07-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I just received an email that me movies are onsale for 12.95 through the end of July.

Type in coupon code JULYSALE (one word) at checkout for the discount price.

calv
07-11-2007, 10:54 AM
you're awesome for posting this, THANK YOU!!!!!! Does this include ALL movies?

Jo..
07-11-2007, 11:17 AM
FINALLY!!! WOO HOO!!!

NewGrandma
07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the post! I've been waiting for this. I bought the Bee & Me Movie last year for my grandson's 2nd birthday and he LOVED it! The costume party will be for his upcoming 3rd birthday.
MeMovies needs to start working on #3 for next year!!
Again, Thanks!!!
Linda

DrSally
07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I was just about to post this. I just ordered one for my nephew for his upcoming bday. He's going to be 3, but I heard Bee and Me is the better of the 2.

ETA: Both are on sale

Radosti
07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks! I just ordered the Costume Party for DS. He likes watching the Bee and Me one in the car. I'd love to get just the kitten playing with a butterfly movie for my DS because that part of the Bee and Me movie gets so much giggling from him.

TahliasMom
07-12-2007, 06:59 PM
i have both and I have to say I'm a little disappointed at the costume one. much shorter and not as varied/fun? but for that price it's ok. i bought it when it was $17 or around there in May for my daughter's 3rd Bday. She got the original one last May for her Bday and it's her absolute favorite. Just my 2 cents.

calv
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
title says it all :)

Jen841
07-13-2007, 09:12 AM
30 minute or so? How's this for a gauge... I can empty the dishwasher and fold a load of laundry while it is playing.

We have both and they are both good. I think the Costume Party one has a longer life with the child, but my kids just get a kick out os seeing either other on TV. DH and I laugh b/c the way they cheer would remind you of an old college drinking game.

jvorhis
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I wanted to order one for Emma because she loves her bee and me but I am having trouble with their website.

debsterchen
07-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks, these look great! I just ordered one for each kid and one for my nephew.

-Debbie

racerl1
07-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Costume Party is only 17 minutes. I called the company about it, and they said that it was a much shorter movie. The original Bee & Me is 30 minutes.

lorena
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi

What is the website.. I would love to order one for my daughter Sophia

thanks
Lorena

Jo..
07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
http://www.memovies.com/

NeverCheesy
07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I spent many intense months creating BEE AND ME and COSTUME PARTY. I consider myself an accomplshed animator....so why do I find the 4 little dancers on jkyzer's messages so darned entertaining?

calv
07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
so tell us, why the length difference between the 2 movies? Just curious & an honest ? =D

DrSally
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I really like Bee and Me, you did a great job! I'd also like to hear more about costume party since I have some trepidation about ordering it b/c it's shorter.

NeverCheesy
07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
>so tell us, why the length difference between the 2 movies?
>Just curious & an honest ? =D

Is it really okay for me to do Q & A's on this message board? Hope so. (thanx, Moderators)

BEE AND ME was developed for children who are younger and whose pace is a little slower. Customized scenes were created with balloons, kites, kittens & butterflies and so on, which makes for longer sequences appropriate for toddlers. Hence the 30 minute run time.

COSTUME PARTY was developed for kids who are a little older and who are accustomed to a more active narrative. We designed the story so that the "star" is seen as many times as they were in BEE AND ME (more, in fact) and the animation is more ambitious. It took quite an effort to create a scene where the "star" is on a tightrope while riding a unicycle and simultaneously juggling!!! Or a scene where the "star" is jamming on an electric guitar with a rock band. So, yes, COSTUME PARTY is not as long as BEE AND ME but it is just as wonderful. We have received nothing but positive reviews from parents who say their kids adore the new DVD.

(and, if I may add one more observation: Both movies are on sale for 13 bucks right now! What child isn't worth the price of a cup of coffee at Starbucks?? ;-)

Jo..
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I got mine today. Adam LOVES it. I would not hesitate to buy #2 when he's older (provided it's on sale of course :D)!

It's AWESOME!!!

calv
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
as always, thanks for answering our ?'s. :)

BTW, your video clip samples aren't working on the site. Just FYI.

LexyLou
07-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Thank you so much! We left all our DVD's on the airplane during a trip in June and my daughter is really missing Bee and Me!

She thinks the kitten and butterfly scene is the funniest thing ever.

Unfortunately, I have a child who will not look at or smile for the camera so trying to find a picture to use this time around has been interesting. Oh well!

So happy!!! Thanks again!

http://b2.lilypie.com/LwDDm4/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/SreFm4/.png

NeverCheesy
07-25-2007, 09:03 AM
>Unfortunately, I have a child who will not look at or smile
>for the camera so trying to find a picture to use this time
>around has been interesting. Oh well!

Some of the best snapshots for MeMovies are ones where the child is being held by a parent or relative. As long as the child is smiling at the camera, the photo is fine. The other person (or people) in the shot are automatically cropped out. ;)

NeverCheesy
07-25-2007, 09:03 AM
>Unfortunately, I have a child who will not look at or smile
>for the camera so trying to find a picture to use this time
>around has been interesting. Oh well!

Some of the best snapshots for MeMovies are ones where the child is being held by a parent or relative. As long as the child is smiling at the camera, the photo is fine. The other person (or people) in the shot are automatically cropped out. ;)

apriltwinmom
07-26-2007, 07:37 AM
I tried to order some ME Movies for my kids and my neices/nephews this morning, and they're coming up as $17 each plus shipping.

???
Rachel

apriltwinmom
07-26-2007, 07:37 AM
I tried to order some ME Movies for my kids and my neices/nephews this morning, and they're coming up as $17 each plus shipping.

???
Rachel

Jo..
07-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Check again. I just ran a test order through and the total was $15.95 (including $3 regular shipping).

Jo..
07-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Check again. I just ran a test order through and the total was $15.95 (including $3 regular shipping).

apriltwinmom
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
that they have some OUTSTANDING customer service. I ordered a bunch of movies for my kids and some for nieces/nephews and they called me to talk about photo size (some weren't going to be big enough to enlarge). Talk about friendly, quick service!

I can't WAIT to get the movies. What a great idea (and GREAT price!!).

I'm not sure what happened, but I somehow was defaulted to expedited shipping which made my total so high. They will fix that too. WOOHOO!

Thanks for posting such a great site!
:) Rachel

apriltwinmom
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
that they have some OUTSTANDING customer service. I ordered a bunch of movies for my kids and some for nieces/nephews and they called me to talk about photo size (some weren't going to be big enough to enlarge). Talk about friendly, quick service!

I can't WAIT to get the movies. What a great idea (and GREAT price!!).

I'm not sure what happened, but I somehow was defaulted to expedited shipping which made my total so high. They will fix that too. WOOHOO!

Thanks for posting such a great site!
:) Rachel

NeverCheesy
07-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Today (July 31st) is the last day for this sale!!! Photos can be emailed in anytime, however.

(A mom just ordered BEE AND ME with the child's name "Coming Soon". That either means that the child isn't even born yet (!!!) or she's ordering today to take advantage of the sale and will decide later who to give the movie to. Clever. Or maybe she really has a child named Coming Soon :-)

Thanks to all the kind words from everyone on this board! Enjoy your MeMovies!

Bee

debsterchen
07-31-2007, 11:26 AM
We received out first BeeMovies last Friday - DD who is 4 years old LOVES them. She watches her own Costume Party movie and the Bee & Me movie I made for 1 year old DS. We watched these alot already. DS at 15 months is not really into it yet but I think he'll like it more as he gets a bit older.

-Debbie

robertrose
07-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I am at the checkout page and the bottom where I put in card info says AmerExp. Do you only take American Ex?

Grace

robertrose
07-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I am at the checkout page and the bottom where I put in card info says AmerExp. Do you only take American Ex?

Grace

robertrose
07-31-2007, 01:42 PM

Grace

DrSally
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
DS is 19 months old and has always liked the movie, but just recently really is into the fact that it's him up there. He puts both hands on his chest and says "ME!" when he wants to watch it.

debsterchen
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
The AmEx thing happened to me too, I then realized that on the prior page, when you fill in your info, the default near the bottom of the page by payment method falls into "AmEx" so just hit the back button to find that screen where payment method is and you can change it away from Amex. I paid by Visa.

-Debbie

robertrose
07-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks. I just went ahead and put in all the info on my MasterCard. It registered as a MC in the final receipt. So Iguess it is fine.

Cant wait to get my movies :-)

Grace

NeverCheesy
07-31-2007, 06:27 PM
" Do you only take American Ex?"

You can select Visa, Discover, Mastercard or American Express.

glbb35
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for this great idea! I just ordered one for each of the kids. I hope they turn out great. Looking forward to it!

B

BaileyBea
07-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks! I just used it! I bought one for Luci's first birthday and then I had to add one in for Curt too! Thanks so much.

Nancy

NeverCheesy
08-01-2007, 07:41 AM
"I am at the checkout page and the bottom where I put in card info says AmerExp. Do you only take American Ex?

Grace"

We had numerous inquiries regarding this last night. The shopping cart has been updated to make the other credit card options more user-friendly. Also, the server was overloaded with orders at the close of the sale last night. (Why exactly do people wait until the last minute of a month-long sale to place their order? Go figure. ;-)

THE SALE HAS BEEN EXTENDED ONE DAY to accomodate customers who were confused at checkout...and anyone else who doesn't own a calendar. "JULYSALE" now expires at midnight Wednesday, Aug 1st.

Limit: 35 MeMovies per customer (just kidding)

jerigirl
08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I received my MeMovie today. It is sooo cute!!! Thank you to the OP for sharing the sale!!

Jeri

jgiadrosich
08-17-2007, 04:19 PM
We got our movies in today and my children LOVE them!! They are so good. PLEASE, if anyone hears of another sale I would love to order more. These would be excellent christmas presents for my nieces and nephews. I had never seen them before so I didn't know how great they would be till we actually got ours in.

So please let me know!!

NeverCheesy
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
>We got our movies in today and my children LOVE them!! They
>are so good. PLEASE, if anyone hears of another sale I would
>love to order more. These would be excellent christmas
>presents for my nieces and nephews. I had never seen them
>before so I didn't know how great they would be till we
>actually got ours in.
>
>So please let me know!!
>
>

For a limited time, MeMovies is offering a holiday GIFT CERTIFICATE at the amazing price of $6.95 plus shipping. That's the best price for a personalized children's DVD ever. :D

The certificate can be redeemed anytime after Christmas 2007 and can be used for either BEE AND ME or COSTUME PARTY. Since the shipping is prepaid, the person redeeming doesn't pay for a thing. And they can take their time to find just the right photo of their child.

For anyone who needs delivery right away, both MeMovies are on sale for half price ($14.95) through September 15. It'll be the final sale this year. Coupon code: xmas

Visit:

http://www.memovies.com/offers/xmas.html

glbb35
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting! I may take them up on that gift certificate. Perfect Christmas presents! Or a January birthday! We ordered two and they have said they are shipped and on the way. I can't wait to get these. I hope they turn out as well as everyone says.

B

Jada2929
08-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I wanted to comment on the outstanding customer service. We had an error with pronunciation and Steve was awesome about fixing it and getting us a new movie. What a company-- I am very impressed and will be a repeat customer. DH is dying to give the movie to DD, I think he likes it as much as she will!

danagee
08-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Okay, I'm a bit confused, so would someone kindly explain the gift certificate concept (see below) for me?
Is it that I can pay $6.95 plus $3 shipping and I can redeem that for a dvd after Christmas? So I'd be paying only $9.95 total for a personalized movie?
TIA

Dana
-------------
For a limited time, MeMovies is offering a holiday GIFT CERTIFICATE at the amazing price of $6.95 plus shipping. That's the best price for a personalized children's DVD ever.

The certificate can be redeemed anytime after Christmas 2007 and can be used for either BEE AND ME or COSTUME PARTY. Since the shipping is prepaid, the person redeeming doesn't pay for a thing. And they can take their time to find just the right photo of their child.

For anyone who needs delivery right away, both MeMovies are on sale for half price ($14.95) through September 15. It'll be the final sale this year. Coupon code: xmas

Visit:

http://www.memovies.com/offers/xmas.html

Oregonmother
08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Yes, that's correct $9.95 for the movie. I'm gonna get a few for January/feburary birthday's.

Passerine
08-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I thought the sale was over at the end of July. So this is a new sale?

Oregonmother
08-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, they just added this new promotion Aug. 23. I think it kinda got burried.

Passerine
08-31-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm starting a new thread with the current offer. ;)

Passerine
08-31-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm starting a new thread with the current offer. ;)

robertrose
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Anyone order the Gift Certificate yet? I just ordered one to ty it out, but havent gotten the "emailed" copy to print it out.

Does anyone have one yet? I was wondering how it looks.

TIA
Grace

robertrose
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Anyone order the Gift Certificate yet? I just ordered one to ty it out, but havent gotten the "emailed" copy to print it out.

Does anyone have one yet? I was wondering how it looks.

TIA
Grace

NeverCheesy
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM
>Does anyone have one yet? I was wondering how it looks.
>TIA
>Grace

Here's an image of the printable gift certificate:
http://www.memovies.com/offers/gc.jpg

robertrose
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks. its cute. Did you print it on stock paper or just regular. I'm just trying to make it more presentable as a gift :-)

Grace