PDA

View Full Version : OT- How do I find hotel discount codes?

ShanaMama
07-12-2007, 11:11 PM
We're trying to book a last minute getaway without DD. Other than Orbitz, Expedia, etc. does anyone know where to find hotel discounts? I want to go to the nicest place we can afford, so a discount code would be great. Thanks!

msmouse523
07-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Have you tried Travelzoo? My DH and I have had a lot of luck with this site. You could also try Priceline where you name your price and see if they'll accept it. My dad and brothers use this site pretty often. Only problem is...you can't pick a specific hotel...only the area where you want to stay and also the hotel star level. You could also check the Entertainment Book website to see what discounts they offer. Good luck and hope you have a great time! :)

babydakota
07-13-2007, 07:52 AM
I've had gotten pretty good deals with Hotwire. Unlike Travelocity or Expedia, where you know the hotel name and exact location, Hotwire doesn't give that information until you book with them. Hotwire does however let you know the general area of the hotel & it's amenities. DH recently booked a hotel room in Chicago in August for about $40/night whereas if he booked the hotel directly on line, he would have paid $100/night. (I think it was a Comfort Suites). I would look for their 'Best Value' deals. Also, note that prices can/do change at any time. So if you see a good deal, I would book it right away.

HTH

Sopamanda
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I always use betterbidding.com to research bids for priceline. Have done this twice and recommend it wholeheartedly. Just make sure to call the hotel direct to ensure that you get non-smoking.
In my experience this is the best deal.

good luck!

ShanaMama
07-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Turned out we were too last minute to get any 4 or 5 star hotels, which I was hoping for. Everything is literally booked solid. So we downscaled a bit & we'll just have a nice little getaway. Hopefully the luxurious pampered vacation will happen sometime later in the year. I'll definitely keep all the suggestions in mind next time.

salsah
07-16-2007, 12:40 AM
we have had success with priceline and hotwire. we got a nice room with an amazing view at a 4 star (i think it was a holiday inn) in san francisco for $75 at priceline (otherwise best offer we found for the same hotel was $250).
also, someone posted a link to an article on the cheapest days to buy things. i think that the recommendation for hotels was to book on sundays.