PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer for $90 + tax

BargainMomforLuke
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
This will take some effort on your part, but it's a $300+ mixer.

First, go to Lowe's ASAP to get the current ad with the deck on the front (this is what the front looks like). It was a price mistake in the ad:
http://lowes.shoplocal.com/lowes/Default.aspx?action=browsepageflash&storeid=2505179&rapid=423508&pagenumber=1&prvid=lowes-070721&promotioncode=lowes-070721

Then, take that ad to Bed, Bath, & Beyond & ask them to PM the mixer to Lowe's. It's listed at $150 for Lowe's.
http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=45633&d=1184797865

Then, use a BBB 20% off coupon to get it down to $120 & then use the BBB $30 rebate to get it down to $90.

http://bedbathandbeyond.onlinerebates.com/displaypdf.aspx?msg=EJ7WhOukwBwXu4Nz0xJqqDnFcfX2Aa 5rYG35ttTkMJDu6%2bCJ4zpvK38VQVtbwWRdImYsYlgtl64OWY 2EPFtMI%2fPs1pEoKsgyQHl8yvDH7LH8zhrhB5v1LjV7O7%2bh M3rITmtlHYbup5c%2bD8ewr8MknBpDeZY3S06sop%2fFvoJz9v L823PIIQ%2fN93z3hLEOEtIXXQ%3d%3d

Then come over to my house & bring me some cake & cookies that you made with your new mixer! :-)

mykidsmom
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
What page of the Lowes ad is the mixer on? I don't see it.

suzhatch1
07-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Well, I haven't seen the IRL version of the Lowe's ad, but I'm assuming from flipping thru that online version, that the mixer must have been listed on page 2.

If you flip thru the online version of the ad, you'll see that page 2 is marked as "Page not available", but on page 3 there is a bunch of kitchen stuff. All the items are catagorized thru the ad & related stuff is put together, so I'm thinking page 2 would have been where the kitchen accessories were & if they caught that it was a typo, they probably took that page out of the online version so people wouldn't print it up or something.

miki
07-19-2007, 05:10 AM
It is on page 2 but you will have to go to the B&M Lowes to get it.

BargainMomforLuke
07-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Exactly. It was a price mistake, but from what everyone says on SD, the stores still have tons of paper ads available.

octmom
07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Hmmm. I don't usually do this kind of stuff, but I might make a couple of stops on my lunch hour today and try this. I have always wanted a KA mixer. Thanks for the info!

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

galvjen
07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you! Awesome deal! This has been on my wish list for quite awhile. Picked up the Lowe's ad and headed to BBB where the entire process took just a few minutes while the manager processed the price match. Off to bake cookies!

octmom
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Lucky for you! I picked up the ad at Lowe's and headed to BBB. I wasn't the first one to do this today, it seems. The manager said he already called Lowe's a little while ago. The Lowe's ad specifies that their mixer is a special order item, so the UPC is different than the one sold at BBB. Incidentally, I did see Artisan 5 quart mixers with the same specs on the shelf at Lowe's, but those were marked at a higher price. The manager at my BBB was a stickler and refused to match the price of the one in the ad since their UPC was different even though they were both Artisan, 5 quart, 325 watt, 10 speed. :(

Also, a couple of the employees were talking before the manager came over and they disagreed with each other about whether or not I would be permitted to use the 20% off coupon after the price match.

Bummer. My mom may try for me down where she lives, if she has some time this afternoon or tomorrow.

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

nd93
07-19-2007, 12:24 PM
You could still get one at Lowe's for $120. I know, not as great a deal as at BBB, but still an awesome price for the mixer. The Lowe's ad is $150, and there is a rebate for $30. The rebate is only for certain colors, though. I would print out the rebate from the Lowe's website first and take that with you so you can be certain you are getting the right one. Otherwise, for $150, you can have your pick of all the special order colors available at Lowe's.

I'm tempted to go get the toaster for $50.

ETA - there is a 10% off coupon you can get from Lowe's too: http://www.lowesmoving.com/ I have read it can take a day or two to get the coupon, I have not tried it myself. People on SD have used this coupon for the sale mixer at Lowe's.

octmom
07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks! I may do that. I was looking forward to doing some baking soon. :)

ETA: Yay! My mom got it for me at a BBB near her. The manager at her store didn't give her any trouble. :) :) :) I'm going to have to wait a while to get it because she lives ~ 500 miles away and we just got back from visiting her. I know I'll have it before it is time to make Christmas cookies, because she will come up for Ds's birthday, if not sooner.

Thanks again to the OP for sharing this information!

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

wiza
07-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Thank, thank you, thank you!!!! Now, here's my experience:

Went to Lowe's picked up the flyer (they still had plenty by the front entrance). The employee in the appliances department said I could order any color I wanted at that price. No problem, no questions asked about the price.

Drove to BBB. The manager at BBB was very -to say the least- hesitant to price match. He looked at the Lowe's flyer over and over and over...said that price was ridiculous as it was less than HIS cost. After much deliberation, he "let" me have it. HOWEVER, he would only let me have one. He borrowed my Lowe's flyer to "go make a copy." After what seemed to be hours, he returned and informed me that he had called Lowe's and that he'd found out this was a Special Order item; it says so on the flyer (you know the details from the previos post regarding this issue). Alas, he went ahead and price matched. Once he instructed the cashier how to price match, I pulled my 20% off coupon -no problem.

Next, I called Lowe's and ordered a second one over the phone. Again, no problems, no questions asked about the $150 price.

The Lowe's price is a once in a lifetime price anyway so I didn't mind buying the second one at that price. Plus, I'll get the $30 rebate for each.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!

happy2bamom
07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
If BBB won't PM, Sears might be an option. They do a 110% PM, so it would be a little more of a discount than buying it from Lowes. I"m going to try my BBB this afternoon. Wish me luck!

cheme
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
I had the exact same experience as wiza! I did have to show my Lowe's receipt (said I just wanted to get it sooner than August - which is when Lowe's told me it would be ready). They were talking about how it was special order, but once I showed them my receipt with the same model number they let me have it. He also said it was lower than their price.

Thank you!!!

hellokitty
07-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Thank you sooo much for sharing this deal with us!

My kids were down for a nap when I read this post, BUT my dh happened to be home. He heard me scrambling around looking through my stash of BBB coupons in the kitchen, getting my BBB giftcard (which made it an even better deal!), and gathering my keys and purse. I handed him the baby monitors and said, "I have to go out to get something for a veeeery good price." He said, "how good of a deal?" I said, 1/3 off on something that's usually $300 and never goes on sale. He told me, "hey, be careful spaz, don't get into a car wreck over this!" LOL! Thankfully, both lowe's and BBB are 5 min from my house. I get the biggest thrill out of finding bargains, and he knows it. :)

So, I go to lowe's, and had difficulty finding a flyer. Turns out they had an entire box of them, but someone had kind of kicked the box to the side where it could not be seen. An employee had to help me find the box of flyers, and even she was annoyed that they were hidden. I went to BBB crossing my fingers they would have the artisan. Our BBB is in a hick town, so we often do not have the same selection as nicer stores in larger cities. They only had black, white and silver. I grabbed the only silver one and from the look of the shelf, nobody else had bought any KA mixers today, so I was getting really excited, b/c I would be the first person at that store trying out this deal. I went up to the cashier, I told the girls I needed to do a price match. They were trying to figure out which manager to call, so they just did an overhead announcement and both managers showed up. One a lady, one a man. I kept hoping for the lady, but the guy volunteered to do it. However, the lady hung out anyway to look over his shoulder. The two cashiers had chatted btwn themselves over whether or not they were supposed to call lowe's, but they decided that since the flyer was obviously an up to date flyer and legitimate, that they wouldn't call. The male manager, carefully read through the lowe's flyer and told the girls to honor it. HOWEVER, the female manager was looking over his shoulder and started to nit pick! She said, "it says special order only." Then she also said, "look the one in the flyer is blue!" The other manager just blew her off (bwhahaha!), and said, "but it is the same exact model and specs as the one in the ad." THANK YOU! I was so glad I got the male mgr, b/c I am not sure if the female mgr would have honored it after observing her behavior during this transaction with the other mgr. I'm so relieved I did not have to argue with them over this, I am not a confrontational person at all, and dread having to debate with cashiers over stuff.

So, I was able to get it for $150, used the 20% off card to get an additional $30 off, and then I used a left over balance on my BBB GC. ALSO, I noticed that a sign at my BBB that if you buy a 5 qt mixer you not only get a $30 rebate, but also a free cookbook!

I've been regretting it for years that I did not ask for a KA mixer on my wedding registry (although I am not sure anyone would have bought it for me anyway, it's so pricey). I'm so happy to have gotten this deal. I have a bosch mixer and I'm frustrated with it, b/c it just doesn't have the umph needed to mix cookie dough.

AbbysMom
07-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I am definitely going to try this tomorrow but I was wondering - do I need to "buy" it from Lowe's first to get a receipt? Or will they just honor it from the flier?

octmom
07-19-2007, 06:43 PM
The print ad should be enough, unless you end up with a manager like the one at my store.

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

BabyBoo
07-19-2007, 06:55 PM
My BBB would not price match. He (manager) said they got an email from Lowe's that it was a pricing error. Thus, BBB will NOT honor the price. So, dragging my 2 kids, to Lowe's where the salesperson special ordered it for me for $150 + tax. I ordered the metallic chrome. He also gave me the forms for the rebate. But I didn't see anything about the rebate being for certain colors only.

My BBB stinks!

katrich
07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I can't believe this. After waiting for years and a recent 3 and a half hour cake baking experience. I finally ordered a refurbished Artisan Mixer on Amazon for $139 and I thought I was all that. This deal rocks!

Katherine

wiza
07-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Update: At about 4.30pm CST, I went to a different BBB to get another one (Christmas presents) and the lady manager PMd, no problem. An hour later, my friend's neighbor went to the same store and the manager said NO. She said it was a Lowe's misprint.

HOWEVER, -check this out- my friend's neighbor then went to Lowe's to order one from them *in the color of her choice* and they let her use her 20%off BBB coupon!!! bwahahaha!!!!

happy2bamom
07-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I am so excited! I had no problems at my BBB. The manager did say (after the fact) that in the future they wouldn't accept the 20% off coupon on a PM item, but they did it this time. When I got home, (very proud of myself) I told my DH about my great buy and he said, "what are you going to do with that that you couldn't do with the mixer that you already have?". I honestly have no idea!!! But I have always wanted a KA mixer and now I own one! heeheehee:D

hellokitty
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I get the feeling that BBB probably sent out a memo to all the stores to alert them to the lowe's pricing error. I still think that it's a matter of luck, depending on the mgr that you have to deal with when you request the price match.

newnana
07-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I went last night and the guy was SNOTTY! He said that there is no way that they could be that price new. It must be a refurbished item and the ones at BBB are new. So he wouldn't price match it. I wouldn't have been so upset about it except for how rude he was. He said 3 people had come in trying to do that and he kept having to explain himself. Doo-doo head.

Do you think LNT price matches as well?

ajb524
07-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I've heard of a few people on fatwallet.com getting a price match from sears.

miki
07-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I posted this deal on my local moms group bulletin board. One person went to a BBB and had to deal with a very obnoxious manager. She emailed corporate through their website and the next day got a call from the district manager apologizing and saying that although they knew it was a printing error, at this point all their managers were told they should honor the price match. The poster didn't have time to go back to returning the item at Lowes and all that so the district manager arranged to give her a BBB gift card for $30, equivalent to what she would have saved using the 20% off coupon.

So if the BBB price match doesn't work and you have the time to shoot off a quick complaint to corporate, go for it.

ellaucb
07-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Went to Lowes and ordered the stand mixer. I had my BBB coupon in my purse and asked if they would honor a competitor's coupon. They said the max they would take off was 10%. That was good enough for me as it spared me the trip to BBB.
Also, you can find the $30 rebate and the free cookbook rebates online.
In total the mixer was $146 (after tax) and the rebate will make it $116. What a great deal!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Ella

ellaucb
07-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Went to Lowes and ordered the stand mixer. I had my BBB coupon in my purse and asked if they would honor a competitor's coupon. They said the max they would take off was 10%. That was good enough for me as it spared me the trip to BBB.
Also, you can find the $30 rebate and the free cookbook rebates online.
In total the mixer was $146 (after tax) and the rebate will make it $116. What a great deal!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Ella

newnana
07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've never done this before, but based on the experience I had I defintely followed your advice and just emailed them. I'll let you know what happens!

newnana
07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've never done this before, but based on the experience I had I defintely followed your advice and just emailed them. I'll let you know what happens!

mamasoup
07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
My DH went out this morning and got me one from Sears for our anniversary. They had several colors and he got me the red (which is is the one I wanted since we have a red kitchen). No problems at all and it came out to like 134 or something he said with the PM and 10%. And they printed a copy of the $30 rebate for him so it will end up being like $104.

Might be a good place to try if you are having trouble somewhere else. At least you are getting it cheaper than you could at Lowes and you don't have to wait on them ordering it.

Alicia

mamasoup
07-20-2007, 03:50 PM
My DH went out this morning and got me one from Sears for our anniversary. They had several colors and he got me the red (which is is the one I wanted since we have a red kitchen). No problems at all and it came out to like 134 or something he said with the PM and 10%. And they printed a copy of the $30 rebate for him so it will end up being like $104.

Might be a good place to try if you are having trouble somewhere else. At least you are getting it cheaper than you could at Lowes and you don't have to wait on them ordering it.

Alicia

AbbysMom
07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I did the same (but didn't get the extra 10%) but then when I got home, I realized that the rebate, cookbook and free bowl offers were for BBB only. All the other ones I found online excluded Lowes. So I just emailed corporate for BBB to see if I could get them to PM too. $150 is a steal no matter what but now I'm getting greedy and I want more!

AbbysMom
07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I did the same (but didn't get the extra 10%) but then when I got home, I realized that the rebate, cookbook and free bowl offers were for BBB only. All the other ones I found online excluded Lowes. So I just emailed corporate for BBB to see if I could get them to PM too. $150 is a steal no matter what but now I'm getting greedy and I want more!

Jacksmommy2b
07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks so much! Another satisfied BBB customer here!

At first the cashier told me she wouldn't PM because the BBB one was white and the one in the Lowe's add was blue *duh*

The manager came over, debated for a minute, took my ad to the back then came out two minutes later and said okay - we were set!. He did warn me that I may not get the rebate because I only spent $120 for a $300 mixer :) I'll try anyway. I also got the rebate for the free cookbook.

Thanks so much for the tip! I have been coveting a KA mixer forever!

Jacksmommy2b
07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks so much! Another satisfied BBB customer here!

At first the cashier told me she wouldn't PM because the BBB one was white and the one in the Lowe's add was blue *duh*

The manager came over, debated for a minute, took my ad to the back then came out two minutes later and said okay - we were set!. He did warn me that I may not get the rebate because I only spent $120 for a $300 mixer :) I'll try anyway. I also got the rebate for the free cookbook.

Thanks so much for the tip! I have been coveting a KA mixer forever!

LisaMom2Allie
07-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I got the mixers at BBB-the manager did show me a paper that said Lowes had made a mistake blah, blah, blah but he did price match. I bought one and my mom bought one for my sister-he said that I could either use my 20% coupon or the $30 rebate as they had pulled the rebate forms from the shelf-I said I would use the 20% because I knew that I could get the rebate from online LOL!!!
I went across the street to Linens and Things and bought one for my SIL for a wedding present but had to pay the $120-still a steal!

I went into Lowes tonight to special order the toaster and they wouldn't let me use the 20% coupon because it was a special order but they did order me the 4 slice which is in the picture for $50 rather than the 2 slice that is in the description so still a pretty good deal, I think the 4 slice toaster MSRP is $129.

I am happy-THANK YOU for posting about this fantastic deal!!!!

Oh, and the guy at Lowes said that he had been ordering them all week and that it is not a misprint and when they are special ordered the order goes to Kitchen Aid and then it is shipped to the store-and he said if it would have been a misprint they would still honor it unless they had a retraction ad posted and printed in the newspapers(I have seen them do that before)

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

LisaMom2Allie
07-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I got the mixers at BBB-the manager did show me a paper that said Lowes had made a mistake blah, blah, blah but he did price match. I bought one and my mom bought one for my sister-he said that I could either use my 20% coupon or the $30 rebate as they had pulled the rebate forms from the shelf-I said I would use the 20% because I knew that I could get the rebate from online LOL!!!
I went across the street to Linens and Things and bought one for my SIL for a wedding present but had to pay the $120-still a steal!

I went into Lowes tonight to special order the toaster and they wouldn't let me use the 20% coupon because it was a special order but they did order me the 4 slice which is in the picture for $50 rather than the 2 slice that is in the description so still a pretty good deal, I think the 4 slice toaster MSRP is $129.

I am happy-THANK YOU for posting about this fantastic deal!!!!

Oh, and the guy at Lowes said that he had been ordering them all week and that it is not a misprint and when they are special ordered the order goes to Kitchen Aid and then it is shipped to the store-and he said if it would have been a misprint they would still honor it unless they had a retraction ad posted and printed in the newspapers(I have seen them do that before)

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

JMS
07-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm a little late to the game but I wanted to give it a shot!

JMS
07-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm a little late to the game but I wanted to give it a shot!

robertrose
07-21-2007, 01:47 PM
ANyone else get this deal today? I want one! Have been reading the SD board and it seems completely hit or miss. Anyone in Tampa, FL get this deal? :)

TIA!

Grace

robertrose
07-21-2007, 01:47 PM
ANyone else get this deal today? I want one! Have been reading the SD board and it seems completely hit or miss. Anyone in Tampa, FL get this deal? :)

TIA!

Grace

ellaucb
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the ad expires today (it says 07/07/21) on the back of the ad. I know you can still get the deal at Lowes today (my sister went in today and the ads were still out), but I'm not sure about BBB. I think corporate has tried to stop the deal from happening.
Good luck!
-Ella

ellaucb
07-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I think the ad expires today (it says 07/07/21) on the back of the ad. I know you can still get the deal at Lowes today (my sister went in today and the ads were still out), but I'm not sure about BBB. I think corporate has tried to stop the deal from happening.
Good luck!
-Ella

nd93
07-21-2007, 02:36 PM
>I'm a little late to the game but I wanted to give it a
>shot!

The ad says "Prices may vary after July 26, 2007", so you still have a few days!

nd93
07-21-2007, 02:36 PM
>I'm a little late to the game but I wanted to give it a
>shot!

The ad says "Prices may vary after July 26, 2007", so you still have a few days!

AbbysMom
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks so much for this! I've never gone to such trouble for a deal before but I've wanted this forever and I know it's a great deal! I got an email back from corporate that said:
"Thanks for the e-mail. We will gladly price match an item from another competitor based on the following criteria:
The item must be the same make and model
The item must be in stock at the competitor's location
Item cannot be part of a closeout sale or company who has filed bankruptcy"

So I brought the email to BBB and tried to get them to price match again. They didn't want to do it (and went as far as to say that Lowes is no longer honoring the price which isn't true!) but I got a good manager who overrode the mean manager. And I pushed my luck and they took my 20% off coupon. So now I'm sending in my rebate and offers for the cookbook and free bowl. I practically pranced to the car!

AbbysMom
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks so much for this! I've never gone to such trouble for a deal before but I've wanted this forever and I know it's a great deal! I got an email back from corporate that said:
"Thanks for the e-mail. We will gladly price match an item from another competitor based on the following criteria:
The item must be the same make and model
The item must be in stock at the competitor's location
Item cannot be part of a closeout sale or company who has filed bankruptcy"

So I brought the email to BBB and tried to get them to price match again. They didn't want to do it (and went as far as to say that Lowes is no longer honoring the price which isn't true!) but I got a good manager who overrode the mean manager. And I pushed my luck and they took my 20% off coupon. So now I'm sending in my rebate and offers for the cookbook and free bowl. I practically pranced to the car!

BargainMomforLuke
07-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Come on, all of you who got in on this deal! You owe me!

I accept the following payments:
Extra chocolate chunk brownies
Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate cake

BargainMomforLuke
07-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Come on, all of you who got in on this deal! You owe me!

I accept the following payments:
Extra chocolate chunk brownies
Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate cake

nd93
07-21-2007, 06:08 PM
>>I went into Lowes tonight to special order the toaster and
>they wouldn't let me use the 20% coupon because it was a
>special order but they did order me the 4 slice which is in
>the picture for $50 rather than the 2 slice that is in the
>description so still a pretty good deal, I think the 4 slice
>toaster MSRP is $129.
>
>

Did you have a problem getting the 4 slice toaster? I just noticed that the picture shows 4 slice but description is 2 slice. I would want the 4 slice, just wondering if they are honoring it or giving a hassle. I don't know if I want a hassle for a toaster.

nd93
07-21-2007, 06:08 PM
>>I went into Lowes tonight to special order the toaster and
>they wouldn't let me use the 20% coupon because it was a
>special order but they did order me the 4 slice which is in
>the picture for $50 rather than the 2 slice that is in the
>description so still a pretty good deal, I think the 4 slice
>toaster MSRP is $129.
>
>

Did you have a problem getting the 4 slice toaster? I just noticed that the picture shows 4 slice but description is 2 slice. I would want the 4 slice, just wondering if they are honoring it or giving a hassle. I don't know if I want a hassle for a toaster.

OneOfEachHowSweet
07-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I got mine! Went to BBB, they weren't too friendly but said we'll match the price or let you use the coupon not both ~ so I went to Sear's and got it in red for $147 total!! After the mail in rebate I'll be down to $107! Thanks so much ladies for all your advice.

~ Shannon

OneOfEachHowSweet
07-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I got mine! Went to BBB, they weren't too friendly but said we'll match the price or let you use the coupon not both ~ so I went to Sear's and got it in red for $147 total!! After the mail in rebate I'll be down to $107! Thanks so much ladies for all your advice.

~ Shannon

strollinmama
07-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I went and tried this at BBB today, and the manager told me they had received an email earlier today that said they could not price match because it was a special order item. However, she offered to give me 20% off. Um, no thanks.

I went to Sears and they price matched no problem. Plus I got the additional 10% off for their price match guarantee.

I didn't get the color I wanted (I was hoping for chrome) but for the price, I can't complain.

Thanks for posting about this!

strollinmama
07-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I went and tried this at BBB today, and the manager told me they had received an email earlier today that said they could not price match because it was a special order item. However, she offered to give me 20% off. Um, no thanks.

I went to Sears and they price matched no problem. Plus I got the additional 10% off for their price match guarantee.

I didn't get the color I wanted (I was hoping for chrome) but for the price, I can't complain.

Thanks for posting about this!

mama2g03
07-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks OP! I stopped by Lowe's and got the ad and then went to BBB later this afternoon. I totally didn't expect to get this deal or at least not without an argument. The girl ringing me up didn't bat an eye. Got my mixer, got my rebate form, out the door. Sweet! Thanks for this deal.

mama2g03
07-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks OP! I stopped by Lowe's and got the ad and then went to BBB later this afternoon. I totally didn't expect to get this deal or at least not without an argument. The girl ringing me up didn't bat an eye. Got my mixer, got my rebate form, out the door. Sweet! Thanks for this deal.

robertrose
07-21-2007, 08:55 PM
All I have to say is WhooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!!
:D

Well I was very hesitant to try b/c I figured at this late in the game, most stores have caught on and found a way to remedy or excuse themselves.....Thunderstorms threatened all day, so I waited and finally:

Showered, made my face, Got dressed up really cute :)Called my SIL to watch my 2 kids, so I didnt have to drag them in and out of each store. I promised take-out Sushi in return (Worked like a charm)

Headed out the door. Intended to pick an ad up at Lowes, then PM at Linens N Things, since it was literally next door to Lowes. Had a few LNT 20% coupons in hand.

MONSOON of rain on the way out, so once in Lowes, I decided what the heck. I'll try it here.

Picked up the ad, grabbed one Kitchen Aid mixer off the shelf (still marked $299). It was in metalic Chrome WHOOHOO!. I headed to look for a "male" cashier (call me sexist, but you ladies know it usually works!!!) Well..........There were only 2 female cashiers. So I picked the one who looked nicer. Darn, this thing was HEAVY!!

Just my luck, some young guy said "I'll take you over here ma'am" and grabbed my Mixer to carry over there for me. He was in Self-Checkout and I said "I dont want self-checkout, I need a price adjustment". He said "no prob, I'll do it!" Well, to try to make a long story short....He tried to override it after I showed him the ad (he was clueless as to why it was half the price, but didnt care). Well, he had to call a manager. Then I got nervous. SHE asked, is it the same one? 5 quarts? check. 325 watts? check. Well, then here you go! BINGO! No problem. Then I said, well I have a LNT 20% coupon. You do take competitors, right? HE said sure....Took 20% off right there!!! and THEN, when the receipt was coming out, he says ooh look, you get a $30 rebate too!! I was thrilled.

So I told him I wanted one for my mom also, and there was one left. He said sure, go get it. Too bad you wont save as much, you dont have another coupon. Well I DID! And he said, "let me get you a cart then" :-) He got me a cart, I grabbed the last one, and he and the manager rang it up just like the first! I said to the manager "Wow- I do love Lowes more than Home Depot!" She laughed and said "you better!" :-)

So I NEVER had to leave LOWES. I did it all right there, and even used my 20% off coupon from LNT! (I've read that Lowes has only been taking 10% at most and only doing special orders, not off the shelf!) I am so thankful for NO hassle! I was SURE I'd have a problem trying to get the mixer!

Total price: $128- $30 rebate= should be $98. Less than $100 can I say Whooooo Hoooooo any more!

I LOVE MY LOWES :D :D :D

Thanks a million for this post! Now, if I can just figure out what I am going to do with this thing.....(at least my Kitchen will LOOK like Martha Stwart lives here!) ;)

Grace

robertrose
07-21-2007, 08:55 PM
All I have to say is WhooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!!
:D

Well I was very hesitant to try b/c I figured at this late in the game, most stores have caught on and found a way to remedy or excuse themselves.....Thunderstorms threatened all day, so I waited and finally:

Showered, made my face, Got dressed up really cute :)Called my SIL to watch my 2 kids, so I didnt have to drag them in and out of each store. I promised take-out Sushi in return (Worked like a charm)

Headed out the door. Intended to pick an ad up at Lowes, then PM at Linens N Things, since it was literally next door to Lowes. Had a few LNT 20% coupons in hand.

MONSOON of rain on the way out, so once in Lowes, I decided what the heck. I'll try it here.

Picked up the ad, grabbed one Kitchen Aid mixer off the shelf (still marked $299). It was in metalic Chrome WHOOHOO!. I headed to look for a "male" cashier (call me sexist, but you ladies know it usually works!!!) Well..........There were only 2 female cashiers. So I picked the one who looked nicer. Darn, this thing was HEAVY!!

Just my luck, some young guy said "I'll take you over here ma'am" and grabbed my Mixer to carry over there for me. He was in Self-Checkout and I said "I dont want self-checkout, I need a price adjustment". He said "no prob, I'll do it!" Well, to try to make a long story short....He tried to override it after I showed him the ad (he was clueless as to why it was half the price, but didnt care). Well, he had to call a manager. Then I got nervous. SHE asked, is it the same one? 5 quarts? check. 325 watts? check. Well, then here you go! BINGO! No problem. Then I said, well I have a LNT 20% coupon. You do take competitors, right? HE said sure....Took 20% off right there!!! and THEN, when the receipt was coming out, he says ooh look, you get a $30 rebate too!! I was thrilled.

So I told him I wanted one for my mom also, and there was one left. He said sure, go get it. Too bad you wont save as much, you dont have another coupon. Well I DID! And he said, "let me get you a cart then" :-) He got me a cart, I grabbed the last one, and he and the manager rang it up just like the first! I said to the manager "Wow- I do love Lowes more than Home Depot!" She laughed and said "you better!" :-)

So I NEVER had to leave LOWES. I did it all right there, and even used my 20% off coupon from LNT! (I've read that Lowes has only been taking 10% at most and only doing special orders, not off the shelf!) I am so thankful for NO hassle! I was SURE I'd have a problem trying to get the mixer!

Total price: $128- $30 rebate= should be $98. Less than $100 can I say Whooooo Hoooooo any more!

I LOVE MY LOWES :D :D :D

Thanks a million for this post! Now, if I can just figure out what I am going to do with this thing.....(at least my Kitchen will LOOK like Martha Stwart lives here!) ;)

Grace

Corie
07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I think the deal with Bed, Bath, & Beyond is over! I decided to give it a go
today. When I was at BBB speaking to the manager, he said that corporate
sent out an email to everyone saying NOT to honor the price match
since the Lowe's price was a misprint.

The manager took my name and number and he is going to have the
district manager call me on Monday. So, we'll see what he says.
But I'm not going to hold my breath!

The manager said the email was sent out last night (Friday, July 20th) and
his store had a store meeting to discuss it.

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Corie
07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I think the deal with Bed, Bath, & Beyond is over! I decided to give it a go
today. When I was at BBB speaking to the manager, he said that corporate
sent out an email to everyone saying NOT to honor the price match
since the Lowe's price was a misprint.

The manager took my name and number and he is going to have the
district manager call me on Monday. So, we'll see what he says.
But I'm not going to hold my breath!

The manager said the email was sent out last night (Friday, July 20th) and
his store had a store meeting to discuss it.

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

BargainMomforLuke
07-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I finally went to Lowe's & bought mine today. I was wavering, but I thought, what the heck -- now is the time to get one.

They did honor with no problems a Linens N Things 20% off coupon. They did not have the chrome model in stock, so I asked if I could do a special order. The salesman helping me said it would be a regular order & would come in next week. He put the order through & said I needed to go to the cashiers up front to pay & that they would take the coupon no problem.

Just FYI for those of you who got in on this deal at Lowe's & want to cash in on the rebate:
The cashier didn't hassle me at all. She said, "You are getting a fantastic deal." However, she did remark to me that the rebate will get denied because it's on sale. She said she bought the same mixer & submitted hers a while ago & it got denied. When I got into my car, I looked over my rebate receipt. It mentions nothing about special pricing. I called the toll free number listed on the receipt & spoke to Diana in customer service. She told me there is no reason why I won't get the rebate. She said if I receive a letter in the mail denying the rebate, I need to call back & they will take care of it.

BargainMomforLuke
07-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I finally went to Lowe's & bought mine today. I was wavering, but I thought, what the heck -- now is the time to get one.

They did honor with no problems a Linens N Things 20% off coupon. They did not have the chrome model in stock, so I asked if I could do a special order. The salesman helping me said it would be a regular order & would come in next week. He put the order through & said I needed to go to the cashiers up front to pay & that they would take the coupon no problem.

Just FYI for those of you who got in on this deal at Lowe's & want to cash in on the rebate:
The cashier didn't hassle me at all. She said, "You are getting a fantastic deal." However, she did remark to me that the rebate will get denied because it's on sale. She said she bought the same mixer & submitted hers a while ago & it got denied. When I got into my car, I looked over my rebate receipt. It mentions nothing about special pricing. I called the toll free number listed on the receipt & spoke to Diana in customer service. She told me there is no reason why I won't get the rebate. She said if I receive a letter in the mail denying the rebate, I need to call back & they will take care of it.

lines
07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi,

I got the mixer today from Lowe's but a rebate didn't print out with the receipt. Anyone know how else I can get the Lowe's rebate?

TIA!

lines
07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi,

I got the mixer today from Lowe's but a rebate didn't print out with the receipt. Anyone know how else I can get the Lowe's rebate?

TIA!

sbirmantaz
07-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Is the Lowe's sale over?

Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03

sbirmantaz
07-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Is the Lowe's sale over?

Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03

ellaucb
07-22-2007, 08:18 PM
>Hi,
>
>I got the mixer today from Lowe's but a rebate didn't print
>out with the receipt. Anyone know how else I can get the
>Lowe's rebate?
>
>TIA!

Go to the Lowe's website and under the search bar type in rebates. The forms come up and you just enter the date and Kitchenaid and the form is right there.
Enjoy,
Ella

ellaucb
07-22-2007, 08:18 PM
>Hi,
>
>I got the mixer today from Lowe's but a rebate didn't print
>out with the receipt. Anyone know how else I can get the
>Lowe's rebate?
>
>TIA!

Go to the Lowe's website and under the search bar type in rebates. The forms come up and you just enter the date and Kitchenaid and the form is right there.
Enjoy,
Ella

robertrose
07-22-2007, 08:22 PM
There is somewhere online that you can look up and print the Rebate. I saw it on SD forum. However, people are stating that there are stipulations: no on the special orders, or no to Lowes, BBB, LNT purchases. Apparently there is fine print somewhere.

I lucked out and my Lowes just gave me one off the shelf and overrode the price, so the SKU # was not a special order, it was an in-stock. My Rebate printed out right after my receipt, each time. (I bought one for my mom also)

I think there are certain "colors" that will print out for. Maybe. I really have not a clue, just letting you know what I've read ;)

By the way, what color did you get? I got Metallic Chrome, and I think the PP got the same color. sounds like we both got printed out rebate forms.

HTH!

Grace

robertrose
07-22-2007, 08:22 PM
There is somewhere online that you can look up and print the Rebate. I saw it on SD forum. However, people are stating that there are stipulations: no on the special orders, or no to Lowes, BBB, LNT purchases. Apparently there is fine print somewhere.

I lucked out and my Lowes just gave me one off the shelf and overrode the price, so the SKU # was not a special order, it was an in-stock. My Rebate printed out right after my receipt, each time. (I bought one for my mom also)

I think there are certain "colors" that will print out for. Maybe. I really have not a clue, just letting you know what I've read ;)

By the way, what color did you get? I got Metallic Chrome, and I think the PP got the same color. sounds like we both got printed out rebate forms.

HTH!

Grace

BargainMomforLuke
07-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Here is a link to the rebate.

http://www.lowespromos.com/PDFs/1598-1.pdf

It states the rebate only for the following 3 models:
148386 (Chrome -- I only know this one because this is the one I bought)

I also did not do my as a special order. They didn't have any in stock, so the salesperson ordered me one from the warehouse, but not as a special order (I hope that makes sense).

BargainMomforLuke
07-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Here is a link to the rebate.

http://www.lowespromos.com/PDFs/1598-1.pdf

It states the rebate only for the following 3 models:
148386 (Chrome -- I only know this one because this is the one I bought)

I also did not do my as a special order. They didn't have any in stock, so the salesperson ordered me one from the warehouse, but not as a special order (I hope that makes sense).

calebsmama03
07-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Wow, what a deal! Sad to have missed it but OTOH it's probably a good thing the deal seems to be over (there was a new Lowes ad in our paper yesterday so I"m guessing the old ad is gone?) or I'd have a heck of a time explaining the purchase of another mixer to DH!

calebsmama03
07-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Wow, what a deal! Sad to have missed it but OTOH it's probably a good thing the deal seems to be over (there was a new Lowes ad in our paper yesterday so I"m guessing the old ad is gone?) or I'd have a heck of a time explaining the purchase of another mixer to DH!

kcampbell
07-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Is this working for anyone still? I am so late to the game but do love love love a deal.

kcampbell
07-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Is this working for anyone still? I am so late to the game but do love love love a deal.

teddy
07-23-2007, 04:45 PM
a PP said the prices were good until the 26th. And yes, my Lowe's still had the ad at the front of the store this morning!! But neither my BBB nor Great Indoors (Sears) would honor the price match since the Lowe's ad states the mixer is a special order item. BUT... $150 minus the $30 rebate is still a good deal (yes?) and I may get one nonetheless...

Anyone else?

teddy
07-23-2007, 04:45 PM
a PP said the prices were good until the 26th. And yes, my Lowe's still had the ad at the front of the store this morning!! But neither my BBB nor Great Indoors (Sears) would honor the price match since the Lowe's ad states the mixer is a special order item. BUT... $150 minus the $30 rebate is still a good deal (yes?) and I may get one nonetheless...

Anyone else?

TahliasMom
07-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I know this is a great deal and all but I wonder what this is going to do to the coupon policy at my local BBB. Right now there's only one out of 4 BBBs in my area that takes multiple coupons (i brought as many as 11 one time)in one transaction. The others only allow you to use one coupon per transaction per store visit. :(

TahliasMom
07-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I know this is a great deal and all but I wonder what this is going to do to the coupon policy at my local BBB. Right now there's only one out of 4 BBBs in my area that takes multiple coupons (i brought as many as 11 one time)in one transaction. The others only allow you to use one coupon per transaction per store visit. :(

Corie
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Katherine,

Are you talking about using 11 - 20% off coupons in one transaction?

Corie
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Katherine,

Are you talking about using 11 - 20% off coupons in one transaction?

BargainMomforLuke
07-23-2007, 08:53 PM
The sale is going on through the 26th. I still have my ad, so I'm going to order another one tomorrow for SIL. On page 31 of the ad, it says: Prices may vary after July 26, 2007.

BargainMomforLuke
07-23-2007, 08:53 PM
The sale is going on through the 26th. I still have my ad, so I'm going to order another one tomorrow for SIL. On page 31 of the ad, it says: Prices may vary after July 26, 2007.

JMS
07-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm confused.. I did do a special order for the Chrome (the rebate link you provided doesn't seem to say anything about excluding SO's) but my receipt lists the model as # 161490 SM150PSMC. I'll have to call the 800# tomorrow and find out if I can use it or not. The good news is that this rebate form doesn't seem to require the original UPC, so it looks like you can still also send it for the mixing bowl or cook book.

This is a great deal even if you end up at slightly more than $90 :)

JMS
07-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm confused.. I did do a special order for the Chrome (the rebate link you provided doesn't seem to say anything about excluding SO's) but my receipt lists the model as # 161490 SM150PSMC. I'll have to call the 800# tomorrow and find out if I can use it or not. The good news is that this rebate form doesn't seem to require the original UPC, so it looks like you can still also send it for the mixing bowl or cook book.

This is a great deal even if you end up at slightly more than $90 :)

hellokitty
07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
OK, how the heck do you even have 11, 20% off coupons? I noticed that in the past yr, my BBB now only sends me 15% off coupons. Has anyone else noticed this??? I just happen to have a few 20% off ones left from a long time ago, and used it for this deal. I think each BBB has it's own flavor. As you could see from the posts, some BBB's had absolutely no issues with this deal in addition to the coupon use, while others would not even budge to PM. It just depends how lucky or unlucky you are getting a sales person or mgr who is willing to work with you.

hellokitty
07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
OK, how the heck do you even have 11, 20% off coupons? I noticed that in the past yr, my BBB now only sends me 15% off coupons. Has anyone else noticed this??? I just happen to have a few 20% off ones left from a long time ago, and used it for this deal. I think each BBB has it's own flavor. As you could see from the posts, some BBB's had absolutely no issues with this deal in addition to the coupon use, while others would not even budge to PM. It just depends how lucky or unlucky you are getting a sales person or mgr who is willing to work with you.

suzhatch1
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I just signed up for BBB mailers recently & got my first one in the mail the other day & it wasn't even 15% or 20% off, it was a flat $5 off any purchase $20 or more.

So even if you bought the $300 mixer at full retail, I guess they would only give ya $5 off. :( Bummer.

Suz

suzhatch1
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I just signed up for BBB mailers recently & got my first one in the mail the other day & it wasn't even 15% or 20% off, it was a flat $5 off any purchase $20 or more.

So even if you bought the $300 mixer at full retail, I guess they would only give ya $5 off. :( Bummer.

Suz

robertrose
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Does anyone actually have a copy of the REBATE froms for the cookbook or the extra bowl? I already have the one for the Mixer, it printed out with my Lowes receipt.

BTW,as a PP said, my Lowes rebate form gives 3 item numbers eligible: 184335,148386,and 51758. I am confused as to why Jacqueline's item number is not matching the model. I have the CHROME (same model) and my item # is 148386.? hmm?

Anyways, I looked on the Kitchen Aid website and the rebate says all the Artisan models should be eligible (KSM150PS). But I can't seem to pull any up from the link??
Has anyone else pulled up the link for the cookbook or the extra bowl? I'd love to attempt to turn those in as well!

Greedy, greedy me. :P As if getting this thing for less than $100 wasn't enough! Ha!

Grace

robertrose
07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Does anyone actually have a copy of the REBATE froms for the cookbook or the extra bowl? I already have the one for the Mixer, it printed out with my Lowes receipt.

BTW,as a PP said, my Lowes rebate form gives 3 item numbers eligible: 184335,148386,and 51758. I am confused as to why Jacqueline's item number is not matching the model. I have the CHROME (same model) and my item # is 148386.? hmm?

Anyways, I looked on the Kitchen Aid website and the rebate says all the Artisan models should be eligible (KSM150PS). But I can't seem to pull any up from the link??
Has anyone else pulled up the link for the cookbook or the extra bowl? I'd love to attempt to turn those in as well!

Greedy, greedy me. :P As if getting this thing for less than $100 wasn't enough! Ha!

Grace

calebsmama03
07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Uh-oh!!! LOL Must resist..... muuusssttt reeeesssiissstt

calebsmama03
07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Uh-oh!!! LOL Must resist..... muuusssttt reeeesssiissstt

jerigirl
07-23-2007, 10:50 PM
I live in Dallas and get the 20% off any single item coupons all the time in the mail addressed to "Our Neighbor". So they just mass mail them out. The stores in my area let you use up to 5 (I think...) coupons per transaction and don't care if they are expired or not. Obviously you have to be purchasing 5 items to use 5. The sales clerks don't even question it. While we are on the talk of Lowes- I learned a few months ago that not all stores have the same inventory so when returning something if you go to a different location from where you purchased it and they don't stock the item they can't take it back. I had no idea.

jerigirl
07-23-2007, 10:50 PM
I live in Dallas and get the 20% off any single item coupons all the time in the mail addressed to "Our Neighbor". So they just mass mail them out. The stores in my area let you use up to 5 (I think...) coupons per transaction and don't care if they are expired or not. Obviously you have to be purchasing 5 items to use 5. The sales clerks don't even question it. While we are on the talk of Lowes- I learned a few months ago that not all stores have the same inventory so when returning something if you go to a different location from where you purchased it and they don't stock the item they can't take it back. I had no idea.

eb1
07-24-2007, 07:06 AM
You can find the BBB rebates at http://bedbathandbeyond.onlinerebates.com/promosearch.aspx
(Choose KitchenAid and Kitchen Electrics to find all the rebates.)

However, the extra bowl rebate is for a different style (the Professional, I believe--not the Artisan) stand mixer so it's not a possibility.

The cookbook rebate requires an original UPC so if you sent that with your $30 rebate for the mixer, you will NOT be able to submit for the cookbook rebate (no copies of UPCs allowed). Also, the BBB rebates are only good on purchases at BBB, so if you bought your mixer at Lowe's, you will need to use Lowe's rebate. If you bought your mixer at Sears or LNT, you need to use the KitchenAid rebates (which exclude purchases at Lowe's and BBB, because those two stores have their own rebate forms, so this prevents "double-dipping"). ETA: Lowe's rebate does not require the UPC code, but it does not seem to be participating in the cookbook rebate anyway, so if you bought there, your only rebate option is the $30 one--and that has the trickiness described below. You also shouldn't be able to use your UPC code for a BBB or KitchenAid-direct rebate because you will only have your Lowe's receipt, which is excluded by those other forms.

Lowe's set up its rebate form to only include in-store items, not special orders; the in-store items were priced at $299 and the special orders were priced at $150. Thus, the three item numbers you quoted are for the black, chrome, and empire red mixers that many Lowe's stores have on the shelves. If you did a "special order" for those three colors, or any others, then the item number is something like 161490, which is excluded by the rebate. I'm positive that Lowe's specified ITEM NUMBERS rather than model numbers (because the MODEL numbers on all these mixers is the same) in order to prevent people from receiving the rebate on the special orders, since those were already deeply discounted (by error, overstock, or for whatever reason). Some people had luck getting Lowe's to honor the $150 price on the in-store mixers, however, by doing a price-override. So when these people paid, Lowe's automatically generated the rebate form for them since the ITEM numbers matched the rebate. A few other people apparently have had luck talking to their Lowe's managers, who say that if they get rejected for the rebate because of the technicality with the special item order number, the local Lowe's will honor the rebate form directly; after all, all the model numbers match. This obviously depends on how "helpful" your particular Lowe's manager is. KitchenAid and BBB both use manufacturer model numbers on their rebate forms, so item numbers (set by the store) are irrelevant.

eb1
07-24-2007, 07:06 AM
You can find the BBB rebates at http://bedbathandbeyond.onlinerebates.com/promosearch.aspx
(Choose KitchenAid and Kitchen Electrics to find all the rebates.)

However, the extra bowl rebate is for a different style (the Professional, I believe--not the Artisan) stand mixer so it's not a possibility.

The cookbook rebate requires an original UPC so if you sent that with your $30 rebate for the mixer, you will NOT be able to submit for the cookbook rebate (no copies of UPCs allowed). Also, the BBB rebates are only good on purchases at BBB, so if you bought your mixer at Lowe's, you will need to use Lowe's rebate. If you bought your mixer at Sears or LNT, you need to use the KitchenAid rebates (which exclude purchases at Lowe's and BBB, because those two stores have their own rebate forms, so this prevents "double-dipping"). ETA: Lowe's rebate does not require the UPC code, but it does not seem to be participating in the cookbook rebate anyway, so if you bought there, your only rebate option is the $30 one--and that has the trickiness described below. You also shouldn't be able to use your UPC code for a BBB or KitchenAid-direct rebate because you will only have your Lowe's receipt, which is excluded by those other forms.

Lowe's set up its rebate form to only include in-store items, not special orders; the in-store items were priced at $299 and the special orders were priced at $150. Thus, the three item numbers you quoted are for the black, chrome, and empire red mixers that many Lowe's stores have on the shelves. If you did a "special order" for those three colors, or any others, then the item number is something like 161490, which is excluded by the rebate. I'm positive that Lowe's specified ITEM NUMBERS rather than model numbers (because the MODEL numbers on all these mixers is the same) in order to prevent people from receiving the rebate on the special orders, since those were already deeply discounted (by error, overstock, or for whatever reason). Some people had luck getting Lowe's to honor the $150 price on the in-store mixers, however, by doing a price-override. So when these people paid, Lowe's automatically generated the rebate form for them since the ITEM numbers matched the rebate. A few other people apparently have had luck talking to their Lowe's managers, who say that if they get rejected for the rebate because of the technicality with the special item order number, the local Lowe's will honor the rebate form directly; after all, all the model numbers match. This obviously depends on how "helpful" your particular Lowe's manager is. KitchenAid and BBB both use manufacturer model numbers on their rebate forms, so item numbers (set by the store) are irrelevant.

hellokitty
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I also get the $5 off of $15 sometimes. I like those for small purchases. However, I can't figure out why I only get 15% off coupons now compared to the 20% coupons that I used to get. I have been on their mailing list for over 10 yrs, but the 15% off coupon didn't become a problem until we finally got a store in our town (we live in a hick town). It's driving me nuts, b/c I do not know anyone else online who has ever gotten 15% off coupons before, just 20% off coupons. So, why am I on some sort of weird black list? I notice that my mil who lives in a larger city, still gets the 20% off coupons, and I know she is just on their generic mailing list, not one of their regular customers. I will have to ask her to start saving hers for me, since I know she doesn't even use them!

hellokitty
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I also get the $5 off of $15 sometimes. I like those for small purchases. However, I can't figure out why I only get 15% off coupons now compared to the 20% coupons that I used to get. I have been on their mailing list for over 10 yrs, but the 15% off coupon didn't become a problem until we finally got a store in our town (we live in a hick town). It's driving me nuts, b/c I do not know anyone else online who has ever gotten 15% off coupons before, just 20% off coupons. So, why am I on some sort of weird black list? I notice that my mil who lives in a larger city, still gets the 20% off coupons, and I know she is just on their generic mailing list, not one of their regular customers. I will have to ask her to start saving hers for me, since I know she doesn't even use them!

o_mom
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I used a bunch when I bought towels - some $5 off $15 purchase ones and some 20% ones.

o_mom
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I used a bunch when I bought towels - some $5 off $15 purchase ones and some 20% ones.

JMS
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I think they assume almost everyone uses these coupons since they send them out so often and so indiscriminately (I usually get two per week: one addressed to my name and one to "neighbor"). I'm sure their corporate dept is not all that dumb on matters of pricing and incentives. They somehow must build these discounts into their prices - I seriously doubt they are losing out.

JMS
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I think they assume almost everyone uses these coupons since they send them out so often and so indiscriminately (I usually get two per week: one addressed to my name and one to "neighbor"). I'm sure their corporate dept is not all that dumb on matters of pricing and incentives. They somehow must build these discounts into their prices - I seriously doubt they are losing out.

TahliasMom
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
11 coupons for 11 items and they're always 20%. I live in a huge apt complex so we get tons throughout the month. Most people throw them out. I collect them and distribute them to friends and family. And like someone mentioned, they don't care if they're expired or not.

TahliasMom
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
11 coupons for 11 items and they're always 20%. I live in a huge apt complex so we get tons throughout the month. Most people throw them out. I collect them and distribute them to friends and family. And like someone mentioned, they don't care if they're expired or not.

ShanaMama
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm happy for all of you who got the deal. Just wanted to suggest sending out your rebate certified mail. I did this 2 weeks ago for a Verizon rebate & just got the check this week. DH sent the same rebate about 2 months ago, & still nothing.
Don't know if it will help with the item # issue, but it should certianly help you get noticed. GL

ShanaMama
07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm happy for all of you who got the deal. Just wanted to suggest sending out your rebate certified mail. I did this 2 weeks ago for a Verizon rebate & just got the check this week. DH sent the same rebate about 2 months ago, & still nothing.
Don't know if it will help with the item # issue, but it should certianly help you get noticed. GL

craftysierra
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I noticed when we were at my parents house they have the 15% off ones too. They have a new BBB with a china department that the one by me does not. My parents are in Apple Valley and I am in the los Angeles area so the hick town was a though of mine too.

Sierra

craftysierra
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I noticed when we were at my parents house they have the 15% off ones too. They have a new BBB with a china department that the one by me does not. My parents are in Apple Valley and I am in the los Angeles area so the hick town was a though of mine too.

Sierra

o_mom
07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Thank you! I did the price match at Sears. The girl looked at it a few times and I showed her that all the specs were the same so she went ahead. The manager didn't even look at the ad, just approved it. Rebate receipt printed right out!

o_mom
07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Thank you! I did the price match at Sears. The girl looked at it a few times and I showed her that all the specs were the same so she went ahead. The manager didn't even look at the ad, just approved it. Rebate receipt printed right out!

Dyonia
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Many, MANY thanks to the OP for posting this deal!

I've been watching the thread since it started, but was sick all weekend and didn't make it out until today. (So I wasn't holding my breath as far as having success.)

The ladies there couldn't believe the price. Both the cashier and the manager read the ad and carefully compared the specs to make sure it was the same mixer. No problems -- I got the price match plus 10% and the rebate papers printed out automatically at the register.

I'd been eyeing getting a mixer for a cousin getting married in a few weeks, and am SO happy to save so much money! After the rebate, my cost will be $111.xx. Now my mom is thinking of getting one!

Thank you, BargainMomforLuke! (DH thanks you too!)

Dyonia
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Many, MANY thanks to the OP for posting this deal!

I've been watching the thread since it started, but was sick all weekend and didn't make it out until today. (So I wasn't holding my breath as far as having success.)

The ladies there couldn't believe the price. Both the cashier and the manager read the ad and carefully compared the specs to make sure it was the same mixer. No problems -- I got the price match plus 10% and the rebate papers printed out automatically at the register.

I'd been eyeing getting a mixer for a cousin getting married in a few weeks, and am SO happy to save so much money! After the rebate, my cost will be $111.xx. Now my mom is thinking of getting one!

Thank you, BargainMomforLuke! (DH thanks you too!)

hellokitty
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Great, another reason why I hate living where I live. Everything is more expensive here, even gas! I drive 30 min and it's like 20 cents cheaper per gallon. Plus, I hate shopping in my town, b/c the selection of stores is horrible. That is why our mall is dying... nobody wants to shop here. They would rather drive an hr away to shop at the nicer stores. Our BBB isn't even a nice BBB, it's like an abbreviated version of the nicer BBB's an hr away from us. Grumble, grumble. Well, at least I got in on the KA deal. Must go horde 20% BBB coupons from mil...

hellokitty
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Great, another reason why I hate living where I live. Everything is more expensive here, even gas! I drive 30 min and it's like 20 cents cheaper per gallon. Plus, I hate shopping in my town, b/c the selection of stores is horrible. That is why our mall is dying... nobody wants to shop here. They would rather drive an hr away to shop at the nicer stores. Our BBB isn't even a nice BBB, it's like an abbreviated version of the nicer BBB's an hr away from us. Grumble, grumble. Well, at least I got in on the KA deal. Must go horde 20% BBB coupons from mil...

jenjenfirenjen
07-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Well I had the opposite experience of you today. I went to Lowe's right from the gym, with two kids in tow. I knew they would honor BBB's coupon so I went to see what they had in stock. They had the chrome but it was still marked $299 so I took it up to the register. After going through 3 managers, they refused to honor the price. They said I could special order it the exact same one they had in the store for that price but I couldn't buy that one at that price. I was livid. I've put a call into Lowe's corporate. It's pretty clear to me what's up. I could special order it and then I'd get a call that they were all out of stock. Oops. Sorry. No more a that price.

Maybe I should have made myself up.

I hate my Lowe's and I'll never shop there again.

I'm curious, did anyone special order and do they feel confident they'll actually get it? I might go try a different Lowe's and just special order this afternoon.

Oh, and I tried BBB and they had got the memo and wouldn't price match.

jenjenfirenjen
07-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Well I had the opposite experience of you today. I went to Lowe's right from the gym, with two kids in tow. I knew they would honor BBB's coupon so I went to see what they had in stock. They had the chrome but it was still marked $299 so I took it up to the register. After going through 3 managers, they refused to honor the price. They said I could special order it the exact same one they had in the store for that price but I couldn't buy that one at that price. I was livid. I've put a call into Lowe's corporate. It's pretty clear to me what's up. I could special order it and then I'd get a call that they were all out of stock. Oops. Sorry. No more a that price.

Maybe I should have made myself up.

I hate my Lowe's and I'll never shop there again.

I'm curious, did anyone special order and do they feel confident they'll actually get it? I might go try a different Lowe's and just special order this afternoon.

Oh, and I tried BBB and they had got the memo and wouldn't price match.

eb1
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh, I'm sure that special orders will be honored--might just take a while, but from my understanding, Lowe's has KitchenAid fulfill the orders (items shipped to Lowe's) rather than maintaining stock in a warehouse somewhere of all 30 possible color choices.

Though you don't want to step foot in Lowe's, you might consider going back (or sending someone else for you) to place the special order; you'll pay in advance and will receive a receipt. Take the receipt to Sears or BBB, along with the ad, and ask them to price match. I know your BBB shot you down already, but having a receipt in-hand that shows you bought it for the $150 price might be enough to convince them. We had no problem doing this same routine at Sears, where we qualified for a 110% price match as well. We then returned to Lowe's and cancelled the special order (no problem--no fees, etc.). (We did this with Sears specifically so we would qualify for the rebate, since it seems the special orders at Lowe's specifically won't qualify for their rebate.) The deal is over today though so it would involve more running around today.

eb1
07-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh, I'm sure that special orders will be honored--might just take a while, but from my understanding, Lowe's has KitchenAid fulfill the orders (items shipped to Lowe's) rather than maintaining stock in a warehouse somewhere of all 30 possible color choices.

Though you don't want to step foot in Lowe's, you might consider going back (or sending someone else for you) to place the special order; you'll pay in advance and will receive a receipt. Take the receipt to Sears or BBB, along with the ad, and ask them to price match. I know your BBB shot you down already, but having a receipt in-hand that shows you bought it for the $150 price might be enough to convince them. We had no problem doing this same routine at Sears, where we qualified for a 110% price match as well. We then returned to Lowe's and cancelled the special order (no problem--no fees, etc.). (We did this with Sears specifically so we would qualify for the rebate, since it seems the special orders at Lowe's specifically won't qualify for their rebate.) The deal is over today though so it would involve more running around today.

teddy
07-26-2007, 01:30 PM
What is the Sears rebate? Is it the $30 rebate that Lowe's is offering? Why wouldn't the Lowe's rebate qualify on special orders?!?! I am confused and trying to get a good deal.

teddy
07-26-2007, 01:30 PM
What is the Sears rebate? Is it the $30 rebate that Lowe's is offering? Why wouldn't the Lowe's rebate qualify on special orders?!?! I am confused and trying to get a good deal.

eb1
07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
KitchenAid is running two rebate offers on the Artisan stand mixer (one is for $30 off; the other is for a free cookbook--you need to submit an original UPC code for either offer, so you need to choose whichever rebate appeals to you more). You can find these rebate forms on the KitchenAid website. However, these forms exclude purchases made at Lowe's and Bed Bath and Beyond--because both those chains are running the rebate deal separately. Thus, if you bought your mixer at Sears or Linens N Things, or any other retailer, you'll be submitting your rebate form back to KitchenAid (some of these retailers print out the rebate forms print out directly at the register; others have blank forms for you to fill out or direct you to download them at KitchenAid's website).

Bed Bath and Beyond is offering the rebate in the same manner as KitchenAid, so no real difference other than you're submitting to a different address than the KitchenAid forms. Their rebate forms are restricted to items sold at BBB.

Lowe's rebate is also restricted to items sold at Lowe's. They do not appear to be offering the cookbook rebate option, but do have the $30 rebate form for the mixer. The sticky point: unlike BBB and KitchenAid, the Lowe's rebate form specifies Lowe's-specific ITEM numbers, not the KitchenAid manufacturer model number. The rebate form is for three item numbers only--148386, 51758, and 184335--which correspond to the Artisan mixer in black, chrome, and red, but ONLY to the ones that are in-store stock items. Those same three in-store items were priced at $299, not $150 (some people were able to buy them off the shelf for $150 via a price override, so in that event, they will qualify for the rebate). If you placed a "special order"--even for one of those three colors--the item number prints out as 161490, which does not qualify for the rebate. (And, even more confusing, a few people were able to get Lowe's to order the black, chrome, or red mixer for them using the in-store item number and doing a price override. And, yes, no matter what the item number, these are ALL the same darn mixer....but I think it's no accident that Lowe's chose to use item numbers rather than model numbers on the rebate.

Clear as mud!

eb1
07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
KitchenAid is running two rebate offers on the Artisan stand mixer (one is for $30 off; the other is for a free cookbook--you need to submit an original UPC code for either offer, so you need to choose whichever rebate appeals to you more). You can find these rebate forms on the KitchenAid website. However, these forms exclude purchases made at Lowe's and Bed Bath and Beyond--because both those chains are running the rebate deal separately. Thus, if you bought your mixer at Sears or Linens N Things, or any other retailer, you'll be submitting your rebate form back to KitchenAid (some of these retailers print out the rebate forms print out directly at the register; others have blank forms for you to fill out or direct you to download them at KitchenAid's website).

Bed Bath and Beyond is offering the rebate in the same manner as KitchenAid, so no real difference other than you're submitting to a different address than the KitchenAid forms. Their rebate forms are restricted to items sold at BBB.

Lowe's rebate is also restricted to items sold at Lowe's. They do not appear to be offering the cookbook rebate option, but do have the $30 rebate form for the mixer. The sticky point: unlike BBB and KitchenAid, the Lowe's rebate form specifies Lowe's-specific ITEM numbers, not the KitchenAid manufacturer model number. The rebate form is for three item numbers only--148386, 51758, and 184335--which correspond to the Artisan mixer in black, chrome, and red, but ONLY to the ones that are in-store stock items. Those same three in-store items were priced at $299, not $150 (some people were able to buy them off the shelf for $150 via a price override, so in that event, they will qualify for the rebate). If you placed a "special order"--even for one of those three colors--the item number prints out as 161490, which does not qualify for the rebate. (And, even more confusing, a few people were able to get Lowe's to order the black, chrome, or red mixer for them using the in-store item number and doing a price override. And, yes, no matter what the item number, these are ALL the same darn mixer....but I think it's no accident that Lowe's chose to use item numbers rather than model numbers on the rebate.

Clear as mud!

teddy
07-26-2007, 03:03 PM
I am SO FRUSTRATED! Aaaieeee!
I have to go to Sears tonight to pick up some portraits. I'll see if I can get the deal there. Otherwise, I may have to cancel my Lowe's special order.

Thanks so much for the clarification. Saved me a surprise rebate refusal from Lowe's in "6-8 weeks." ;)

teddy
07-26-2007, 03:03 PM
I am SO FRUSTRATED! Aaaieeee!
I have to go to Sears tonight to pick up some portraits. I'll see if I can get the deal there. Otherwise, I may have to cancel my Lowe's special order.

Thanks so much for the clarification. Saved me a surprise rebate refusal from Lowe's in "6-8 weeks." ;)

jenjenfirenjen
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, I went to a different Lowe's this afternoon and special ordered one in Chrome (even though they had 3 sitting right there on the shelf...that just boggles my mind.) The guy in appliances said they would be coming direct from KitchenAid and that's why the price difference. He did not make it seem as though it was a misprint. I dunno. He did say I would be able to get the rebate but I don't know since you're right that the numbers on the receipt do not match the ones on the rebate form.

They would not honor the BBB coupon.

So...I may try to take my receipt tomorrow to Sears and try to price match and then use the rebate from there and cancel my SO from Lowe's. If not, then oh well, I still got a $300 mixer for $150 and that's not so bad, right?

jenjenfirenjen
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, I went to a different Lowe's this afternoon and special ordered one in Chrome (even though they had 3 sitting right there on the shelf...that just boggles my mind.) The guy in appliances said they would be coming direct from KitchenAid and that's why the price difference. He did not make it seem as though it was a misprint. I dunno. He did say I would be able to get the rebate but I don't know since you're right that the numbers on the receipt do not match the ones on the rebate form.

They would not honor the BBB coupon.

So...I may try to take my receipt tomorrow to Sears and try to price match and then use the rebate from there and cancel my SO from Lowe's. If not, then oh well, I still got a $300 mixer for $150 and that's not so bad, right?

firstbaby
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
As some one who was able to make my mom, dad, cousin and myself proud new owners of this mixer due to your posting of this great deal, I am happy to send you a batch of brownies :) PM me if you want to take me up on my offer :)

firstbaby
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
As some one who was able to make my mom, dad, cousin and myself proud new owners of this mixer due to your posting of this great deal, I am happy to send you a batch of brownies :) PM me if you want to take me up on my offer :)