PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Stride Rites at amazon (starting at under $12)

Jo..
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/103-8346370-1224664?rs=1036592&page=1&rh=n%3A1036592%2Cp_4%3AStride+Rite&sort=salesrank

Jo..
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/103-8346370-1224664?rs=1036592&page=1&rh=n%3A1036592%2Cp_4%3AStride+Rite&sort=salesrank

suzhatch1
07-24-2007, 11:11 PM
OMG!! I *love* you.......I *hate* you.......I *love* you........I *hate* you. :::giggle:::: You make me spend SOOOO much money!! LOL!!

I just price matched over at Zappos & bought $146 worth of Stride Rites for $34.64 SHIPPED!! ::::WHOO HOO:::

Thank you!!
Suz :)

suzhatch1
07-24-2007, 11:11 PM
OMG!! I *love* you.......I *hate* you.......I *love* you........I *hate* you. :::giggle:::: You make me spend SOOOO much money!! LOL!!

I just price matched over at Zappos & bought $146 worth of Stride Rites for $34.64 SHIPPED!! ::::WHOO HOO:::

Thank you!!

n2ou
07-25-2007, 01:38 AM
same here ...OMG!

$107 worth of shoes (granted that means 2 pairs with stride rite prices - lol) for $22 shipped overnight - CRAZY!

n2ou
07-25-2007, 01:38 AM
same here ...OMG!

$107 worth of shoes (granted that means 2 pairs with stride rite prices - lol) for $22 shipped overnight - CRAZY!

chlobo
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
How doe sthe price match thing work?

Also, My daughter is just growing out of toddler size. What's next?

chlobo
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
How doe sthe price match thing work?

Also, My daughter is just growing out of toddler size. What's next?

swan01
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Got 3 pairs for the price of 1. Thanks so much!

swan01
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Got 3 pairs for the price of 1. Thanks so much!

katfol
07-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Same here. 3 pairs of back to school shoes for my 3 kids for the price of one! Thank you!

katfol
07-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Same here. 3 pairs of back to school shoes for my 3 kids for the price of one! Thank you!

woodgerber
07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for posting!! :)

Anna

woodgerber
07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for posting!! :)

Anna

BargainMomforLuke
07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks Jo! You've just outfitted Luke with Stride Rites for the rest of his life! ;-)

BargainMomforLuke
07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks Jo! You've just outfitted Luke with Stride Rites for the rest of his life! ;-)

o_mom
07-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Darn - just 3 days past the 30 days for price adjustments <grumble>

o_mom
07-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Darn - just 3 days past the 30 days for price adjustments <grumble>

eska
07-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I am going to cry... not a single pair of Wide or Double Wide is available :(

eska
07-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I am going to cry... not a single pair of Wide or Double Wide is available :(

geochick
07-25-2007, 10:08 AM
>I am going to cry... not a single pair of Wide or Double Wide
>is available :(

It must be wide in your child's size that's unavailable. I ordered several wide shoes last night for my toddler and for my preschooler.

geochick
07-25-2007, 10:08 AM
>I am going to cry... not a single pair of Wide or Double Wide
>is available :(

It must be wide in your child's size that's unavailable. I ordered several wide shoes last night for my toddler and for my preschooler.

suzhatch1
07-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Caron -

For price matching w/Zappos:

Find the shoes you want on the Amazon site, then go to Zappos & find the same shoe. In order for Zappos to price match, it must be the same style, same size & be in stock at both places. You have to call Zappos on the phone & tell their rep you want to price match. Give them the item # on the Zappos site, then tell them the same item # & price on the Amazon site. The rep will verify it, then give you the 110% price guarantee & ship overnight.

It's worth the extra work to do the phone call. Both my DDs tend to vary in size when it comes to diff shoes, so I really didn't want to deal w/hassles w/possible returns to Amazon, but w/Zappos they offer free returns & exchanges. The whole thing took about 5 min, it was really quick & they gave me no hassles whatsoever. :)

suzhatch1
07-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Caron -

For price matching w/Zappos:

Find the shoes you want on the Amazon site, then go to Zappos & find the same shoe. In order for Zappos to price match, it must be the same style, same size & be in stock at both places. You have to call Zappos on the phone & tell their rep you want to price match. Give them the item # on the Zappos site, then tell them the same item # & price on the Amazon site. The rep will verify it, then give you the 110% price guarantee & ship overnight.

It's worth the extra work to do the phone call. Both my DDs tend to vary in size when it comes to diff shoes, so I really didn't want to deal w/hassles w/possible returns to Amazon, but w/Zappos they offer free returns & exchanges. The whole thing took about 5 min, it was really quick & they gave me no hassles whatsoever. :)

Jajsmom
07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you. Just priced matched 3 pairs of shoes for my daughter at zappos. Saved another $11. 3 pairs for $29.xx. Too bad someone took the last pair I wanted for ds.
Great deal.

Jajsmom
07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you. Just priced matched 3 pairs of shoes for my daughter at zappos. Saved another $11. 3 pairs for $29.xx. Too bad someone took the last pair I wanted for ds.
Great deal.

gatorruth
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
It took about 20 minutes for my price match... Zappos only had 2 of the 5 shoes in the right size/color... and it took the girl a few minutes to find the shoe on the amazon website. Kind of a PITA to save a few bucks.

Jo, stop posting these deals! You are killing me! My kids have about 6 pair of shoes EACH- new in boxes- that are too big for now.

STOP

POSTING

DEALS!!

must put wallet away...

gatorruth
07-25-2007, 12:48 PM
It took about 20 minutes for my price match... Zappos only had 2 of the 5 shoes in the right size/color... and it took the girl a few minutes to find the shoe on the amazon website. Kind of a PITA to save a few bucks.

Jo, stop posting these deals! You are killing me! My kids have about 6 pair of shoes EACH- new in boxes- that are too big for now.

STOP

POSTING

DEALS!!

must put wallet away...

Jacksmommy2b
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks sooooooo much!
I was seriously ready to buy the same shoes for $42.00 as soon as J out grew these!
(yup - under $13.00 and free shipping!)

Zappos didn't have them, but still, what a steal!

Thanks!

Dena

Jacksmommy2b
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks sooooooo much!
I was seriously ready to buy the same shoes for $42.00 as soon as J out grew these!
(yup - under $13.00 and free shipping!)

Zappos didn't have them, but still, what a steal!

Thanks!

Dena

mickminmom
07-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks so much for posting! Saved me a ton on getting fall shoes! I really appreciate the work you put into finding such great deals :)

Chris

mickminmom
07-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks so much for posting! Saved me a ton on getting fall shoes! I really appreciate the work you put into finding such great deals :)

Chris

suzhatch1
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
UPS just delivered my big 'ol Zappos box of shoes!! The girls love them!! One of the pairs I got for both DDs was the Superball Mary Jane style tennies in the Aqua/Green combo. One pair for DD1 who is 7 & another for DD2 who is 2. The color is not what I would normally get for them, since they love pinks, but for the price I totally went out on a limb & got them something different. THEY LOVE THEM!! They are really cute on too. DD2 wanted to put them on immediately & she's been wearing them around the house. DD1 said they are the coolest shoes, she loves 'em!!

We're stocked for shoes for awhile!! Thanks again OP! :)

suzhatch1
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
UPS just delivered my big 'ol Zappos box of shoes!! The girls love them!! One of the pairs I got for both DDs was the Superball Mary Jane style tennies in the Aqua/Green combo. One pair for DD1 who is 7 & another for DD2 who is 2. The color is not what I would normally get for them, since they love pinks, but for the price I totally went out on a limb & got them something different. THEY LOVE THEM!! They are really cute on too. DD2 wanted to put them on immediately & she's been wearing them around the house. DD1 said they are the coolest shoes, she loves 'em!!

We're stocked for shoes for awhile!! Thanks again OP! :)

Oregonmother
07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks Jo, just ordered 2 pairs of dress shoes for the kids.

Oregonmother
07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks Jo, just ordered 2 pairs of dress shoes for the kids.

lav1
07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
What does this color look like in real life, is it cute? Also how does the MJ fit if they don't wear sock are the toes all showing and is it a little wide? Thanks! It was between this one and a regular super ball tennis shoe. Do you like this better than that traditional?

lav1
07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
What does this color look like in real life, is it cute? Also how does the MJ fit if they don't wear sock are the toes all showing and is it a little wide? Thanks! It was between this one and a regular super ball tennis shoe. Do you like this better than that traditional?

lav1
07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
In regards to the Stride Rite Super Ball Mary Jane in green. What does this color look like in real life, is it cute? Also how does the MJ fit if they don't wear sock are the toes all showing and is it a little wide? Thanks! It was between this one and a regular super ball tennis shoe. Do you like this better than that traditional?

lav1
07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
In regards to the Stride Rite Super Ball Mary Jane in green. What does this color look like in real life, is it cute? Also how does the MJ fit if they don't wear sock are the toes all showing and is it a little wide? Thanks! It was between this one and a regular super ball tennis shoe. Do you like this better than that traditional?

american_mama
07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I read the sizing info. on the website, but it doesn't match. The product description lists sizes 1 to 13 Youth, but the sizing info. link uses the infant/toddler/kid categories that I am more familiar with. Basically, my 5 year old is about a size 13 toddlers. So do I get her size 1 Youth, the first size in the next size category? What is size 13 youth - the top of the smaller size category, appropriate for a 5 year old, or the top of the bigger size category, more for 12 year old girls?

lav1
07-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Someone correct if I am wrong, but the sizing I thought went: 9,10,11,12,13,1,2,3. I belive for womens' shoes that a kids 2 is actually a size 6 women's. So I would get you child measured for Stride Rites at a store and then buy them.

thomma
07-28-2007, 06:07 PM
but the sizing I thought went: 9,10,11,12,13,1,2,3.

Yup...my thoughts exactly!

mom2ethan
07-28-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't think that size conversion is quite right. I wear a 7.5 or 8 in women's shoes but can wear a size 6 in kid's (so a size and a half or two smaller than the women's size).

I think you are right about the size range though.

Susan

Oregonmother
07-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Stride Rite has an e-fit guide on their website that you can print out and measure your childs foot with. I have heard that Stride Rite runs small, and based on my childs measurements using the guide I guess it's true. DD usually wears a size 5 infant, and based on her measurements with the chart in SR she measures a size 7.5(S). Haven't got my shoes yet, so we'll see.

boygirl3
07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, I am probably missing the obvious but how did you get the three for price of one deal? Did you find the shoe you wanted on Amazon and then go to Zappo and they price matched? I'm lost. Also, I guess I need to get my daughter's foot measured as she has only been walking for about 5-6 weeks and is growing out of her $5 sandals from Walmart. I am not sure what size 4 in her sandal means - toddler? I know she has a pudgy foot (high in step) and wide feet - like her brother and mom. :) Thanks for the help.

Jajsmom
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes. I put the pairs I wanted in a cart. I then made sure Zappos had them in stock. I called Zappos and ordered over the phone. I gave him the sku #s and he then verified that they were in stock at amazon. Then priced matched at 110%.

suzhatch1
08-01-2007, 12:13 PM
>In regards to the Stride Rite Super Ball Mary Jane in green.
>What does this color look like in real life, is it cute? Also
>how does the MJ fit if they don't wear sock are the toes all
>showing and is it a little wide? Thanks! It was between this
>one and a regular super ball tennis shoe. Do you like this
>better than that traditional?

Hi there -

Sorry I didn't reply to this question earlier, we left on vacation the day the shoes arrived, so I didn't even pop back online until now.

The color of the Super Ball MJ shoes IRL look like a lime green & aqua blue, with the majority being silver. Not something I would normally pick for my DDs, but you know, they do have quite a few aqua tops & skorts & this does look pretty cute with them. I can't really answer about how they compare to the regular Super Ball tennis shoes since these are the only ones of this style they have. As for the toes, hmmm...DD tried them on really quick w/out socks & I can't remember thinking that I saw any toes showing, I think the front part of the shoe covers up the entire toe section.

Again, sorry for the delay....this reply may come too late, but wanted to at least pop in & let you know.

suzhatch1
08-01-2007, 12:16 PM
>Ok, I am probably missing the obvious but how did you get the
>three for price of one deal? Did you find the shoe you wanted
>on Amazon and then go to Zappo and they price matched?

Ditto what the PP mentioned, I found the shoes I wanted on Amazon first (in stock in the right size & style), then I went to Zappos & found them there too. Called up the Zappos CS & told them I wanted to price match & voila.....w/in 5-10 minutes it was all done! :)

By saying 3-for-1, it wasn't a true 3-for-1 deal, like where you actually pick 1 shoes at full price & get 2 for free. It was just a phrase meaning that for the discounted price, it's basically like getting 3-for-1. The shoes we got were around $50 a piece over on Zappos, but Amazon had them for around $13, so for me, it was basically like getting 3-for-the-price-of-1. :)

Suz