PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy single serving size potato chips

asha
07-26-2007, 01:00 AM
DH likes to eat chips with his lunch. He just told me he has been buying a pack of chips to go with the lunch (he takes from home) almost everyday. He buys this from the vending machine at 75 cents or a dollar.

I am trying to find out if we can buy this in bulk. I checked costco. They have the assorted kind. He eats plain potato chips, Guess who will be left with the remaning ones ;-)

Anyways, I would like to buy the plain potato chips in single serving size. Any suggestions on where to buy these from?
I am sure grocery stores have them, I was wondering about getting a good deal on these. Of course anything will be better than buying from the vending machine.

Thanks ladies,
~Asha

asha
07-26-2007, 01:00 AM
DH likes to eat chips with his lunch. He just told me he has been buying a pack of chips to go with the lunch (he takes from home) almost everyday. He buys this from the vending machine at 75 cents or a dollar.

I am trying to find out if we can buy this in bulk. I checked costco. They have the assorted kind. He eats plain potato chips, Guess who will be left with the remaning ones ;-)

Anyways, I would like to buy the plain potato chips in single serving size. Any suggestions on where to buy these from?
I am sure grocery stores have them, I was wondering about getting a good deal on these. Of course anything will be better than buying from the vending machine.

Thanks ladies,
~Asha

geochick
07-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Check Walmart or make your own baggies of the right chips.

geochick
07-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Check Walmart or make your own baggies of the right chips.

kali
07-26-2007, 10:17 AM
You might want to double-check with Costco's customer service. I know I've bought 50-pack boxes of plain Lays there several times. My DH loves potato chips too, and has trouble limiting how many he eats :-)

Kali,
Mom to Sammy, born 7/16/04

kali
07-26-2007, 10:17 AM
You might want to double-check with Costco's customer service. I know I've bought 50-pack boxes of plain Lays there several times. My DH loves potato chips too, and has trouble limiting how many he eats :-)

Kali,

kimbe
07-26-2007, 11:47 AM
If you have any local potato chip makers, they might be able to help. Where I grew up, there was a local potato chip company and they sold there chips/snacks to people in boxes (maybe of like 48ish) of one kind. We used to get them for fundraising stuff and for picnics. It was very cheap! I think that we used to sell them for 25 cents a bag and we still made a profit.

kimbe
07-26-2007, 11:47 AM
If you have any local potato chip makers, they might be able to help. Where I grew up, there was a local potato chip company and they sold there chips/snacks to people in boxes (maybe of like 48ish) of one kind. We used to get them for fundraising stuff and for picnics. It was very cheap! I think that we used to sell them for 25 cents a bag and we still made a profit.

asha
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Any ideas how I can find out if there is one locally? I am in the SF bay area. No idea how to find one of these local places though.

Thanks,
~Asha

asha
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Any ideas how I can find out if there is one locally? I am in the SF bay area. No idea how to find one of these local places though.

Thanks,
~Asha

Corie
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Asha,

I was going to buy the single-serving potato chips for my DH as well
but he doesn't want some of the misc. Fritos or Cheetos that are also
in the box.

So, I just bought him a big bag of his favorite chips and a bag clip.
He keeps the big bag of chips at work and pulls them out when he
eats lunch. Then he puts the chip clip on and puts the bag away!! :)

Corie
07-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Asha,

I was going to buy the single-serving potato chips for my DH as well
but he doesn't want some of the misc. Fritos or Cheetos that are also
in the box.

So, I just bought him a big bag of his favorite chips and a bag clip.
He keeps the big bag of chips at work and pulls them out when he
eats lunch. Then he puts the chip clip on and puts the bag away!! :)

MMMommy
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Asha--

Since you are in the Bay Area, you may want to give the Business Costco Center in Hayward a call. They have a lot of different items that the normal Costco warehouses don't have. Lots of varieties of chips, candies, etc. for businesses and stuff for vending machines, so it's possible that they may have single serving size packs of just one flavor. I would give them a call first before making it over there, unless you live near there.

MMMommy
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Asha--

Since you are in the Bay Area, you may want to give the Business Costco Center in Hayward a call. They have a lot of different items that the normal Costco warehouses don't have. Lots of varieties of chips, candies, etc. for businesses and stuff for vending machines, so it's possible that they may have single serving size packs of just one flavor. I would give them a call first before making it over there, unless you live near there.

kimbe
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with Karen (MMMommy)! If you can't find a local chip maker or distributer or place like that see if you can't find a vending service place.

kimbe
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with Karen (MMMommy)! If you can't find a local chip maker or distributer or place like that see if you can't find a vending service place.

cindys
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Costco has single servings of plain Pringles...Dont know if that helps.

Cindy

cindys
07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Costco has single servings of plain Pringles...Dont know if that helps.

Cindy

miki
07-27-2007, 12:16 PM
The one near me also has cases of single-serving plain Ruffles.

miki
07-27-2007, 12:16 PM
The one near me also has cases of single-serving plain Ruffles.

chrissyhowie
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Amazon.com has bulk groceries, usually at pretty good prices and free shipping. Here a link to their potato chips:
http://tinyurl.com/yq4gl2

You will want the 1 oz. or so sized bags for the single serving packs.

HTH,

chrissyhowie
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Amazon.com has bulk groceries, usually at pretty good prices and free shipping. Here a link to their potato chips:
http://tinyurl.com/yq4gl2

You will want the 1 oz. or so sized bags for the single serving packs.

HTH,

asha
07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks I will check Costco again. I know he prefers Lays or Ruffles.

asha
07-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks so much.
They have the Terra chips that I Loooove. But, I am soo not interested in gaining some more weight. SO, I will have to stop the urge to hit the Buy btn.

~Asha

MMMommy
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I was at the Foster City, CA (also in the Bay Area) Costco today, and they did have single serving Classic Lays. 50 bags (1 oz. bags) for $9.89. The Costco item number is 874508. So you can call your local Costco and see if they have it--just reference this item number, and they can look it up.

asha
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for letting me know. However, Chances are that I really dont need to buy these chips at all.

I forced DH to get a physical recently. His Potassium levels turned out to be extremely high. So, he is currently on a diet of no potatoes, no tomatoes, no bananas and a bunch of other things. He has to go for a repeat test tomorrow. We will find out soon how things are.

I am really hoping, wishing and praying that he is fine and the test report was somehow not right.

MMMommy
08-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about DH's potassium levels. Hopefully things will turn out fine. My DH has high cholesterol, high triglycerides and high blood pressure--high everything! He loves beef, beef and more beef, unfortunately. I am hoping he will start a regular exercise regimen sometime soon. My thoughts are with you.

kali
08-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Sorry about the test results. Is high potassium serious? Is it hard to control?

My DH has very high cholesterol. He's young, fit, and doesn't even eat meat. With him, I wouldn't be surprised if potato chips were the sole culprit. Hence the need for the single-serving bags :-)

I hope your DH is okay.

Kali,

kali
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Sorry about the test results. Is high potassium serious? Is it hard to control?

My DH has very high cholesterol. He's young, fit, and doesn't even eat meat. With him, I wouldn't be surprised if potato chips were the sole culprit. Hence the need for the single-serving bags :-)

I hope your DH is okay.

Kali,