PDA

View Full Version : target's wooden balance bike is on clearance!

boyzmom
07-26-2007, 08:33 PM
They were 24.99 in the store I went to today. I think they had 2 or 3. Most of the play wonder was 50% off.

boyzmom
07-26-2007, 08:33 PM
They were 24.99 in the store I went to today. I think they had 2 or 3. Most of the play wonder was 50% off.

babyready
07-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Target doesn't do price adjustments on clearance items. But you can always return with the original receipt.

babyready
07-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Target doesn't do price adjustments on clearance items. But you can always return with the original receipt.

Maxlee
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone know if the target balance bike is any good? I will check my target tommrow . . if not maybe I will head to riverhead. Thanks! :)

Maxlee
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone know if the target balance bike is any good? I will check my target tommrow . . if not maybe I will head to riverhead. Thanks! :)

jess_g
07-27-2007, 06:02 AM
What age is this bike recomended for? Can my 4 or 6 year old use it? Or is it geared more for toddlers? I have been eyeing it all summer so I will defenitly see if they have any at our local target today.

Thanks,

Jessica.

jess_g
07-27-2007, 06:02 AM
What age is this bike recomended for? Can my 4 or 6 year old use it? Or is it geared more for toddlers? I have been eyeing it all summer so I will defenitly see if they have any at our local target today.

Thanks,

Jessica.

danagee
07-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I couldnt find any in the bikes section.
And does anyone have the item # so I can search online for one near me?

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

danagee
07-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I couldnt find any in the bikes section.
And does anyone have the item # so I can search online for one near me?

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

o_mom
07-27-2007, 07:58 AM
It is in the 'Summer Fun' aisle. In the toy section with the lawn bowling, minigolf, etc.

o_mom
07-27-2007, 07:58 AM
It is in the 'Summer Fun' aisle. In the toy section with the lawn bowling, minigolf, etc.

brittone2
07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
No personal experience...we have a Puky bike. IIRC when it has been discussed in the past, the standover height was pretty high. I think maybe geared more toward a 4 year old? I think most people w/ 3 year olds were measuring and it was pretty high, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

DS got his Puky for his 3rd bday and we are big balance bike fans here. It has been really cool to see him learn to use the thing (he's had one or two crashes though, which were not so cool...)

brittone2
07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
No personal experience...we have a Puky bike. IIRC when it has been discussed in the past, the standover height was pretty high. I think maybe geared more toward a 4 year old? I think most people w/ 3 year olds were measuring and it was pretty high, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

DS got his Puky for his 3rd bday and we are big balance bike fans here. It has been really cool to see him learn to use the thing (he's had one or two crashes though, which were not so cool...)

jess_g
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks I picked up 2 today at the Taeget in Danvers, MA. They were marked down to $25 each. The store had alot of the play wonder stuff on sale. The monkey bars were marked down to $50 and I thought about getting one as an indoor toy but I don't know if my kids would realy play with it.

Jessica.

jess_g
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks I picked up 2 today at the Taeget in Danvers, MA. They were marked down to $25 each. The store had alot of the play wonder stuff on sale. The monkey bars were marked down to $50 and I thought about getting one as an indoor toy but I don't know if my kids would realy play with it.

Jessica.

mom2lm
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks! I picked up one for $25 along with some half priced bumpy balls at my target in Dublin, CA. I was so tempted by the wooden picnic table marked down to $30 too.

mom2lm
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks! I picked up one for $25 along with some half priced bumpy balls at my target in Dublin, CA. I was so tempted by the wooden picnic table marked down to $30 too.

swt2th1
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow, $25 is a steal! I checked my Target (San Jose, CA) and it was only marked down to $35. I bought it for $40 on sale, so I'm trying to hold out for the next markdown.

I think the ages would be 3-5 yr olds.

Melanie
07-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I was just coming to post this! They are down to 50% off at my Target. Ironically the one near my work wasn't even on clearance at all when I checked on Wednesday. This, dear husband, is why I am an obsessive Target walker. LOL.

Anyway, I had bought the monkey bars (WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD if you have a monkey for a child, which I do), and bike on sale earlier this summer. And I kept my receipts. The bike is still in the box for an upcoming birthday, but I finally gave up on these going clearance and broke into the monkey bars last week.

I also got a ton of great stuff for Dd's water-play birthday party.

danagee
07-28-2007, 02:01 PM
So the monkey bars are sturdy? Approx. how tall is the structure?

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

MMMommy
07-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Went to Target yesterday, and none of the Play Wonder summer toys seemed to be on sale. I scanned the Monkey Bars, the wooden bike, etc. and all came up full price still. My local Target (San Mateo, CA) seems to be lacking while other locations have the good clearance sales.

kochh2
07-28-2007, 07:09 PM
went to the target near me today and lo and behold, it was 25.. my mom had brought the bike nad receipt so we returned the one she bought for 35, and got it for 25... plus, there were SO many great things on clearance.. i think everything in that aisle was on clearance!! whats up with the conflicting prices at various targets... yikes!

Melanie
07-29-2007, 03:42 AM
Yes. The weight limit is 150 pounds. There can be up to two children on it once, weighing a total of less than 150 pounds. My 5.75 yo & 1.75 yo have a blast on it together. I would say it's about 3 1/2 feet tall. It's a bit taller than Dd, but she can reach the top still. I think there are measurements on the box, which is HEAVY.

Currently, it's in our living room for summer fun, LOL. It does come with anchors to firm it up on grass and the like.

It's a bit of a logistical pain to put it together, but Ds & I did it in about an hour. It's just tough to get the pieces separated if you accidentally put the wrong ones together.

Melanie
07-29-2007, 03:43 AM
> whats up with the
>conflicting prices at various targets... yikes!
>
>

Each store sets their own clearance sales.

kochh2
07-29-2007, 07:23 AM
my mom found 2 in her store (riverhead, NY) marked down to $35... i had her pick one up in case we decide to give one to DS... no one in my family believes me that it is a good idea... they think i'm crazy! i said, get it, and give me the receipt.. if i want to take it back, i will!! anyone know if I wait long enough, will it get marked down further? can i go in for a price adjustment??

anyone have any good reviews on it?? i can't decide!!

they also have wooden train tracks and stuff int he dollar spot!! i gotta go check it out!!

kochh2
07-29-2007, 07:23 AM
my mom found 2 in her store (riverhead, NY) marked down to $35... i had her pick one up in case we decide to give one to DS... no one in my family believes me that it is a good idea... they think i'm crazy! i said, get it, and give me the receipt.. if i want to take it back, i will!! anyone know if I wait long enough, will it get marked down further? can i go in for a price adjustment??

anyone have any good reviews on it?? i can't decide!!

they also have wooden train tracks and stuff int he dollar spot!! i gotta go check it out!!

hellokitty
07-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Oooh, I really want to get one of these. However, my target still has them at $35. They still have several left, so I'll take my chances and try to wait it out until they are $25. Wooden toys don't sell well in my area (yay for me!), so I'm hopeful that I'll get one at a lower price.

calv
08-01-2007, 01:36 PM
can someone please post the DPCI for the monkey bars? Please and thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

mariza
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Caly, I don't have the code, but the Revere Target (by Logan Airport) had plenty as of last night for $50. Email me and we can work something out if you want.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

Melanie
08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
according to my receipt:

Once you have the DCPI is there a way to tell the in-store cost via their website?

And since my receipt is out, the balance bike is:

calv
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I sent you an email. :)

glbb35
08-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Our Target here has different items than other Targets. What are the "monkey bars"? I looked on line to see if there was a picture available but I could not find anything? Can you please tell me what they are? Many thanks and mommy to a monkey as well!

mariza
08-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Here is a similar version sold at KB toys:
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=4730038&ctid=17

glbb35
08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Thank you so much for your quick response. I am going to see if our Target has one! Probably not knowing them but worth the trip.

Many thanks!!!!!

PS- Our one Target had it and they are going to hold the last one they had thanks to the product number you supplied. They said it was 49.00 is that good or close to what you paid might I inquire?

Melaniee
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Just curious...I'm still seeing a mix of 30 & 50 here.

Melaniee
08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, that's good. That is 50% off. Things do go to 75% but get very scarce and if you only have one Target, I wouldn't wait. We've got like a zillion here so I'm still going to hunt around next week to see if I can get a better deal then return with the pricier receipt.

glbb35
08-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks! I sent my husband to pick it up and he thought it seemed like a cool toy. We shall see. We will put it together this weekend. It received good reviews so I hope it is as cool as everyone says. I am so glad I went back and reread this whole Target thread. My little monkey could use something to get his energy out on and since we can't afford a big swing set yet (we are patiently waiting for those to come on a end of the season sale)this will have to do. I'll keep you informed.

Noticed the other Target message where the store in Pittsburgh had gone to 75%. I hope they all do and soon! This has been great fun!

B

hellokitty
08-02-2007, 08:23 PM
The toys at our target today were a mix of 30, 50 and some 75% off. I'm still holding out for the bike, b/c our store has three of them. It's still only at $35. Now I wish I would have gotten the monkey bar jungle gym. I did not realize that was what ppl meant when they were talking about the monkey bars (I was thinking of the tall ones you swing from). I saw it and did not think much of it, but after hearing the ladies talk about it hear, I know it would have been a hit with my boys and we had a good spot for it too. Oh well, I guess I need to restrain myself from getting everything, lol!

baileygirl
08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
A few questions....Does anyone have the Playwonder sandbox? My Target had it on sale for 50% off. Does it have a cover for the box portion (keep cats out)? If you have it do you like it?

For those who purchased the monkeybars, what do you feel is the minimum age for them?

I am looking for outside items for my son for next summer, and he will be 18 months.

Melaniee
08-03-2007, 12:03 AM
My daughter is 23 months and loves the monkey bars. If you have a climbing child I would say younger would be fine, provided he's supervised on a soft ground surface. Dd would have loved them from the time she was one! However, she's a total climber. Ds wouldn't have liked them before age 3 or 4.

kochh2
08-03-2007, 07:12 AM
so, we took the bnike out last night to put together as today is ds's b-day, and grrrrrrr it had no instructions, and it's missing some screws.... we have to try to get it for him today... we are so sad, we really wanted it to be set up for him this am :( oh well... we'll have to do it later w/ him!!

Ashleybs
08-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the bike? What ages is it for?

MMMommy
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Do you think the monkey bars would be good for girls ages 2 1/2 and 3 1/2? Is 3 1/2 too old for the monkey bars? Do you think that would be age appropriate for that age? Thx.

mominma
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I bought the monkey bars yesterday for a Birthday gift for my DD (who will be 2 at the end of the month). We were at a friend's house last week-end, they had the monkey bars in their backyard and all 3 of my kids enjoyed playing with them. My DD who was 4 in March loved them!

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03
It's a GIRL 8/30/05

MMMommy
08-03-2007, 08:51 PM
That's good to know. It's a good deal $50. Do you know if it is weatherproof? Is it something that can be left outside all year long, or would you expect to disassemble it for the winter?

Thx.

MMMommy
08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Update: Now the monkey bars and majority of Play Wonder summer fun items are on sale at my Target - San Mateo, CA. $50 for the monkey bars, $41.98 for the wooden picnic table, and $69.98 for the sand box.

MMMommy
08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
duplicate

Melaniee
08-03-2007, 10:49 PM
>Do you think the monkey bars would be good for girls ages 2
>1/2 and 3 1/2? Is 3 1/2 too old for the monkey bars? Do you
>think that would be age appropriate for that age? Thx.

My son is 5 1/2 and he still enjoys them. The physical limitations stated on the box are a total of 150 lbs. and two children.

Melaniee
08-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure about a freezing winter. I think it said something on the instructions about how long you can keep them outside before you should 'replace' them. It wasn't just one year, I cannot recall.

YOu Could unassemble it, but it's not easy. I accidentally connected a few pieces improperly and it was extraordinarily difficult to take them a part. But it is do-able. You'd definitely need to keep your instructions for re-assembly.

MMMommy
08-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I bought the Play Wonder sandbox today on sale, but haven't decided whether to keep it or not. We have the Naturally Playful Up & Away Sand Table already, but I couldn't pass up the price on the sandbox. Figured I could think about it or just return it. I'm almost positive it is manufactured by Battat for Target's Play Wonder line. I remember seeing somewhere that Battat was the manufacturer for their Play Wonder wooden kitchen and market center.

In fact, I think Target's Play Wonder sandbox is probably almost the same sandbox as this one below (made by Battat), but with different color scheme and some color on the wood. The one below is the one that they have at Tuesday Morning for $79.99 right now. I've been monitoring the price on that at Tuesday Morning, and it still hasn't gone down any further yet.

http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=R+5+134X

Melaniee
08-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Can you tell if it comes with a cover for the sand, when not in use?

baileygirl
08-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I reread the box and it does say it comes with a cover. I haven't opened the box yet, so I don't know how good of a cover it is.

Any guesses when things will be marked down to 75% off? I asked the guy in the toy section and he guessed a couple of weeks, that seemed like a long time. My Targets have a ton of the Play Wonder stuff...

MMMommy
08-04-2007, 12:41 AM
It supposedly has a sandbox cover, but my guess is that it isn't much of a cover compared to the sturdier plastic lids of the Step2 Sand & Water Table or the umbrella cover of the Up & Away Sand Table. I'm not sure if the "cover" for the Play Wonder Sand Box would really keep bugs, animal droppings or rain out. So it does have a cover, but I can't vouch for its effectiveness. Does anyone have this one or the Battat one? If so, does the cover really work?

chlobo
08-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Anyone have the DPCI for the sandbox. I'd love to get one.

MMMommy
08-04-2007, 05:44 PM
The DPCI number for the Play Wonder Sandbox on my receipt is 204010046. Mine was mismarked as $41.98, and they honored the price, but they said that was the wrong price/wrong DPCI number at first. So you may want to confirm that this is the right DPCI number, but it does say "Sand Box" on my receipt with that DPCI number.

Jacksmommy2b
08-04-2007, 07:16 PM
The bike is at the Target Chemical Road in Plymouth Meeting. They had quite a few left at $35 when I was there on Thursday.

The Monkey Bars are at the Oaks Target for $50 and again they had quite a few as of yesterday.

Happy Shopping!

Melaniee
08-05-2007, 01:14 AM
So now we have a "$40 version" as well as a "$25 version." There are SO many left around here I am hoping we'll be getting a "$12.50 version," as well!

I need to return the 40 one soon before the receipt expires so I started to put one together tonight. I wanted to keep them both until I was sure we had all the pieces. Luckily there was everything except the valve stem covers on the tires - did anyone get those?

So I opened up the 2nd box to pillage for them in there (it also did not have them) and low & behold - the seat is different!! The first one has the (presumably) wood base and is upholstered with an orange "pleather" fabric. This is how the floor samples around here were. The second one has the wood base with an orange FABRIC seat cover (imagine a shower-cap like styling) that can come on or off. This seems slightly cushier, yet I can see it creating a slippery surface for a child to slide back and forth since the inside is still just fabric and not something that would grip onto the wood base.

I'm wondering if these were each as intended and there was a production/factory change; or if maybe it was supposed to have both and the cover goes over the upholstery?

Which does yours have?

(ETA: Ack I posted this under an OLD ID created when the Field's had a board issue back at the Dawn of Time. Not trying to be sneaky with Two IDs. I just logged in wrong. It's 'Melanie')

greatcanuk
08-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Mine has the fabric cover. It doesn't have valve covers either.

Camille

teddy
08-05-2007, 01:02 PM
MIL's Taget (Gurnee, IL) had 3 balance bikes in the 50% or more off aisle but marked at $35. So I took them to the cashier, who checked with a manager who told her, yes, they're 50% off. So she took 50% off $35. So I bought the 2 bikes for $18 each. SCORE!

DrSally
08-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow, what a great deal! They were $35 at my target, maybe I should check...

kochh2
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
great score...
we finally got the MOD at our target to agree over the phone to take the instructions and screws out of a box there... but ours was also missing the valve stem covers. We had the seat cover thingy versus the upholstered one.. i thought i remembered seeing a different seat-- I like it, as it seems like it will be a little nicer to sit on, and easier to clean!!
:)

teddy
08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I think my "score" was a mistake on the cashier's part, giving us 50% off the markdown instead of the original price. Oh well.

But both boxes have a ziploc bag with 2 screws and 2 allen wrenches, plus instructions. Did not see valve covers. Am I missing something or does this thing hold together with just the 2 screws?!?! The instructions seem to indicate WAY more screws but I didn't have time to check the actual bike parts if the screws were partway in or something.

greatcanuk
08-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Yes, most of the screws are already installed, but are listed separately in the instructions.

Camille

Mattsmom
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I did see one last bike at the Hicksville store if anyone wanted one. Many wooden toys on sale.

San.

glbb35
08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I went around to three different Target stores in our area while running errands today. It is amazing to me that they can all be so different. How can they sell the same items at completely different prices? One of the stores did not even have a clearance section at all. The other had items at 30-50% and there wasn't anything really good. But I did hit it pretty good at the last:

wooden balance bike $12.48
wooden swing $4.48
bumpy ball $1.48
egg game $1.74
plush girls Princess chair $4.97 for my niece.

Not bad I think.

I guess this is the end of the Target sale. We will have to keep a watchful eye out for the next (after Christmas?)

Thanks for all the emails and suggestions, you make bargain hunting more fun!
B

Melanie
08-08-2007, 04:14 PM
NICE! Looks like you found a 75% off store. I went to TWO Targets today with no avail. Still 50%. I've got a third one on my run tonight.

Does anyone know if I call they can just tell me the price? It's not like there is just one of this 'rare' item so I have to worry about them stashing it away. Targetting with two during summer vacation is not fun. Ds wants to stop and look at everytthing and buy everything! I am tired of saying 'no,' but most of what he finds is no way coming home with us. I just want some cool wooden toys!

robertrose
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I am hearing great htings about the M Bars. I picked up the bike today ($25) and the Monkey bars were $50, but was a bit nervous about them. My DD is 16 months and LOVES to climb and my DS is 4, would probably love them. But I am nervous about her falling through and getting hurt on a bar or something. Am I just paranoid? They look super duper cute and fun.

Any advice? I think I want them :D

btw, I picked up the VTECH Smartville Treehouse (originally $39.99) for $9.99. whoohoo!

So some things are marked 75%, some only 50% whats up with that? :(

Grace

archymaya
08-09-2007, 11:01 AM
The Target near me was marking down their summer clearance to 75% off while I was there today. I scored a balance bike and an "ESPN action sounds" basketball hoop for $12.48 each, among other things. They had the picnic table and monkey bars for $25. After reading the reviews about the monkey bars I think I might go buy them later today.

babybunny
08-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Where is your Target? Curious minds want to know. I was in a Target last night and a different one at lunch today, checking out the monkey bars. I really want them at 75% off!!!

archymaya
08-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Columbus, OH. I went to a different one near me and they had not marked a lot of stuff down but it rang up 75% off when I scanned it. They didn't have the monkey bars but I was able to find some Brio train stuff hidden in the back of an endcap. I ended up going back to the other Target to get the monkey bars, another balance bike for a friend, a tunnel, and a few other odds and ends. I'm a sucker for Target clearance. =)

MMMommy
08-09-2007, 03:39 PM
So pleased to find the wooden balance bike reduced to $12.48 and the Play Wonder Sandbox for $24.98--75% off. They were just reducing these items at one of my Targets this morning. I had gone yesterday, and these same items were still only 50% off.

Melanie
08-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Your post inspired me to look again this morning and sure enough, 75% Nevermind most of the signs still said 30%. This stuff was just super unpopular here, I cannot believe it. There were tons. I rebought everything and bought the picnic table for $15. I'm seriously contemplating the sand box, but we really don't have a good place for it and $25 isn't giving it away enough, I'm still thinking though.

I got a boat load of those really cute jumpropes for party favors for Ds' birthday - you can't be 75 cents and they're so nice!

glbb35
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I am so glad you found such great deals when you went back. You make me want to go back and just check one more time, hmm... Because you never know. Maybe they put some other things on sale. I can't wait till their next big sale. Does anyone know when it might be? What is the next store to start reducing what they have? Wal-Mart? What should we be on the look out for?

B

MMMommy
08-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm going crazy with this whole Target sale mania. I swear I've been going to local Targets EVERY day just to check out the good deals. DH is so disgusted with me and my obsession with my hot finds. But at these prices, how can I resist? I can't stand how my nearby Target still has the same items at higher prices. I wish they would have a consistent pricing system.

Happy shopping!

Jo..
08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I checked my store in Tulsa OK and they were sold out. We are currently in Houston TX for the week and I got a balance bike for $12.48! They also had play wonder Tee Pees for $6.49 regularly $25!

Melanie
08-09-2007, 05:26 PM
That can be a good thing, though, because then your Target may still haev items that others have sold out of. Though it just lengthens the stalking. LOL.

I found the round canister of wooden dominos for less than $3, today!

DrSally
08-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Awesome! Mine's still at $35, but I will be keeping my eye out. The Little tree Train table is back to $79 now. I never found the $20 one, but $40 is still a good deal.

robertrose
08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Has anyone been fortunate enough to have a price adjustment when things hit 75%? My bicycle just went to 75% (after I paid $25 yesterday). OI had my SIL pick up the less expensive. Was going to return this one, but thought about just asking for a Price ad and keeping it for a gift.

I heard Target wont do them on clearance items? Any past experiences?

And OF COURSE the 8 boxes of Monkey Bars that were there yesterday were ALL gone today, as soon as they went down to 75%! AUGH! :(
Grace

MMMommy
08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I picked up two of the balance bikes for birthday gifts, and I just have a dumb question. What is different about the wooden balance bike that makes it special? I know it is for ages 3 and up (according to the box) and does not have pedals. But what makes this bike so good? Does it encourage balance (hence the name?) more so than other ride-ons? Just curious b/c I don't know anything about balance bikes.

gordo
08-09-2007, 07:08 PM
My target won't do a price adjustment on clearance items. They also have a policy where if you return a clearance item, you get the current price of the item, even if you have a receipt showing what you paid.

archymaya
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, $15 for the picnic table! That's a great find! The women that were marking down the items told me that they will not go any lower than 75% off. I thought that was really odd. Maybe it's just that particular store?

robertrose
08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Wow thats a bit ridiculous. What's the purpose of my receipt, esp if I just want to return it? I dont see why they shouldnt give me what I paid Just because it went on clearance even more. I could have just decided I did not want it.

I can understand no price adj on the clearance item, but the latter?

Since my SIL picked the bike up for me today, I am going to go return my other tomorrow. Its only 2 days after purchase. Wish me luck. I'll post an update on my success :-) (or non).

Thanks for the scoop.

Grace

lhk777
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I did get a price adjustment on the play wonder market that I originally purchased at 30% off.

When it went down to 50% off:
I bought another one at 50% and then returned it right then with my original receipt (where I had purchased it for 30% off).

When it went down to 75% off:
I asked at 2 Targets if I could get a price adjustment and they said that they can't do price adjustments on clearance items.
I asked if they can just do a return and I can re-buy it at the current price. The first target said that I would need to bring in the actual item. Unfortunately I had already thrown the box out and they were sold out at the store.

At the 2nd Target I went to they were a bit busy and the guy was distracted by another customer so he just did the return and rebuy at 75%. I don't think they are supposed to do that but you just might get lucky with a nice clerk.

MMMommy
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I've encountered the issue of requesting price adjustments on clearance items recently. Suffice it to say, Target's Customer Service Department made a big stink and said that they absolutely will not do price adjustments on clearance items. They said they will do a price adjustment on items pictured in their weekly ads within a one week period, but not clearance items. I asked if I could return the item and rebuy it, and of course they gave me the stinker line of "you are welcome to find another one on the floor and buy that one and return this one." I would have done that obviously if there actually were any on the floor still! I kept pushing on the return and rebuying it back, but Customer Service refused. And of course I just bought the item a couple of days earlier, and it was still in the box, completely unused and intact. They kept saying "it's against company policy" and "I'll get in trouble."

As for returning clearance items, I've been returning a bunch lately (after rebuying items at 75% off) and getting exactly what I paid back. With a receipt, I've always gotten what I've paid, regardless if the item was clearance or not, so long as it was within the 90 day return period. So I haven't encountered that problem of not getting what I paid if the item is on clearance.

Doesn't it drive you crazy when you buy the item and (1) the item goes down the very next day (or close to it) or (2) the item is no longer available to rebuy at the lower price or (3) price adjustments aren't allowed AND (4) the fact that all the Target stores have varying clearance prices. And as luck will have it, the Targets closest to you will always have the higher prices. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong, of course I still get a thrill out of all this bargain hunting! :)

elliput
08-09-2007, 10:12 PM
I totally scored this evening! Got the balance bike for $12.48 and the monkey bars for $24.98! WOOOHOOO! The monkey bars were stashed on a top shelf, and I almost past right by them.

Seitvonzu
08-09-2007, 10:17 PM
i've been doing this target game for a long time now, and i've NEVER not gotten back the money i spent IF i had a receipt (which , when playing the target return game is a MUST)

they will NOT do price adjustments on clearance. you have to return the item and buy another one... even if it's the exact same thing. if they don't have anymore and you return- tough !

if you have your reciept and it's within 90 days- you should get the money you spent. even if all the other items like the one you bought are gone (think christmastime)...you might get some weird looks from employees...but if they refuse to give you what you paid (and you have your receipt)- COMPLAIN. that's not right!

robertrose
08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Lucky you! My SIL was there and I sent her on the Monkey Bar hunt. I told her yesterday there were a BUNCH on the botom shelf of the aisle. So she looked and looked. NO MORE. I told her to look really well on the bottom, because NO way would they move them up higher. They were way too heavy. Ha. Probably missed them.

I'll Target-stalk tomorrow morning then.

Grace

Melanie
08-10-2007, 12:39 AM
>My target won't do a price adjustment on clearance items.
>They also have a policy where if you return a clearance item,
>you get the current price of the item, even if you have a
>receipt showing what you paid.

Oh that stinks. I have not had that experience yet, knock on wood. I still have a slew to return this weekend. I did keep the receipts and made sure to use separate credit cards each time I made a purchase (i.e. one at 50% then went back and used a different one for the 75% stuff) in case I loose the receipts.

Melanie
08-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Most of my Targets have an additional clearance toy aisle away from the toys. Keep looking!

baileygirl
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Anyone have the DPCI # for the picnic table? I picked up the sandbox and would love to find the matching picnic table.

I got the bigger items, a bunch of sand toys, bubbles and the balls. I figured the bubbles and balls will be great favors for my son's 1st birthday.

MaddiesMommy
08-10-2007, 07:28 AM
I just got one. From the receipt - 204011013.

Good luck finding one!

Janine

calv
08-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Anyone in MA want a set of the monkey bars? They're $50 otherwise they're going back!!! Send me an email. :)

brittone2
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
nak-check out the gliderrider.com video. Different type of balance bike but similar concept. DS (3.5) has the Puky balance bike and is gliding 30+ seconds on his own without training wheels. Balance bikes are how many Europeans introduce riding bikes to their children at an early age. They learn how to balance without having to rely on training wheels.

No pedals means it is easier to put their feet down to catch their balance. No pedals means they are less likely to scrape their legs on pedals should they need to suddenly put their feet down. THey can also use it as a "running bike" since they don't have pedals in the way (can see this in the video at glider rider). DS can zoom pretty fast while running on his.

I like the low step through on the Puky. Easier to get off/on, lower center of gravity. No personal experience w/ the Target bike (I don't think it has the low step through), but for such a low price, it is a very similar concept.

DS has fallen off his Puky 2x and that has made him a bit more conservative. He was definitely gliding 20-30 seconds at a time regularly before he scraped his knee quite a bit. THat's the downside of riding at an early age, but knee scrapes are going to happen no matter which way you teach them to ride I suppose.

katfol
08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I might be. I have never seen them. My son is a monkey and he will be 5 in November. Would they be good for him? Is it for inside? How much space would I need?

Thanks,

chlobo
08-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I just sent you an email. Which target will it go back to? I'd love to give this to DD as a present from her new baby brother.

MMMommy
08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
duplicate

calv
08-10-2007, 04:20 PM
these can be used either indoor or outdoors. haven't seen them setup, maybe someone who's already set their's up can chime in

calv
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm going to try to sell them to someone locally vs returning them since there seems to be an interest for them

Melanie
08-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I believe they are designed for either, as the instructions include information about outside storage and use. Ours are currently in our living room, haha House Beautiful here. I intended them for outside but it's hot right now.

dms619
08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
>I'm going to try to sell them to someone locally vs returning
>them since there seems to be an interest for them

Hi Caly,

Please CYE!

Thanks,
Debbie

colegiala
08-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I went today and got the monkey bars $24.98, the sandbox $24.98 and the balance bike $12.98. My husband and I had a hard time fitting the air pump to fill up the tires with air, but finally did. My tires were also missing the caps. After doing all that work, we realize my 2yr DD is too small for it now. We'll have to wait. I don't know where I'm going to fit all this stuff, but I couldn't resist the price. I think I'll take it to my mom's house.
Thanks again,
Gaby

newtnewt
08-11-2007, 11:20 PM
>I believe they are designed for either, as the instructions
>include information about outside storage and use. Ours are
>currently in our living room, haha House Beautiful here. I
>intended them for outside but it's hot right now.

i just read the instructions. it didn't mention anything about indoor use. it's exclusively outdoors. they're supposed to be anchored into the ground on 6" of mulch etc. are you sure they can be used indoors? thanks.

curiouzity
08-12-2007, 08:20 AM
I have to chime in about the balance bikes. We have a RatzFratz one that I bought my son this past Christmas. I paid $40 with shipping. He started riding it in May right after his 3rd birthday. At first he didn't like that it didn't stand up on it's own like the two wheeler with training wheels and then I showed him the video. Whithin 3 days he had it mastered. He is now a whiz on it and we have introduced him to a regular 2 wheeler. He can ride the 2 wheeler, but does still need some fine tuning such as starting by himself and stopping, but at just over 3 I find it amazing that he will definitely be riding a two wheeler by himself in such a short time. I also have to mention that he is able to balance himself on a noodle in the pool all by himself where another little boy at 4 had problems. I truly believe it is due to riding the balance bike. So for anyone on the fence about getting one it is one of the best purchases I have made for him. And if you can get it for $12 you definitely can't go wrong.

Melanie
08-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I would say use your own discretion as to what you are comfortable doing.

MMMommy
08-12-2007, 06:12 PM
I just put the Monkey Bars together by myself (me, me, and just me) in our backyard. Totally worth the money if you can find them still. A steal for $24.98, and still worth it for $50, I think.

You were so right about it being tough separating pieces. Anyone building this--read, read, read the directions (especially the part where it says "this angle up). Suffice it to say, my finger pads are sore and red just from putting the whole thing together.

All in all, very cute and my two monkeys are monkeying around as we speak. Also, even though it says it is for outdoor use only, I could totally see it being used in a carpeted room. I wouldn't have a problem with indoor use, but obviously it is up to the parent's judgment for safety reasons.

Oooh. Just another thought. I think (and I could be wrong), you could connect a second set through the "entrance" part of the monkey bars. You would have to remove a few bars from the entrance, but DH thinks you can connect a second set. So two sets combined could look like a dumbbell in shape.

Thanks for the recommendation. Love the price, love the toy!

Melanie
08-12-2007, 07:51 PM
What a COOL idea, to connect them!

I should haev mentioend earlier, I'm sorry, but I found the best way to get them apart was to use the bottom-end (not writing point) of a basic ball point pen (like papermate) to push in one of the back pieces and hold it in pushed against your body. I hope that makes sense.

stillplayswithbarbies
08-12-2007, 09:16 PM
does anyone have the DCPI number of the balance bike? It's on the receipt. Thanks.

MMMommy
08-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Melanie--

We did it! We connected two sets of Monkey Bars. You do end up eliminating a few of the pieces from the "entrance", but we connected the two. It does end up looking like a barbell shape from an aerial view.

Another note to those putting the Monkey Bars together--make sure you keep the four "B" bars that are bagged separately from the other "B" bars for the "square" shaped configuration for the top. I think there are 25 "B" bars total, but 4 of them are wrapped separately and meant for the specific "square" configuration. I thought they were just the same and didn't notice that they were specifically for that part. DH noticed that those 4 "B" bars are slightly thicker and made for the top square part and is labeled as such. DH had to redo parts that I messed up on b/c I used those special "B" bars in other "B" areas instead of for the square top. It was VERY hard for him to undo and fix, but he did it.

Back to the connecting of the sets-it works great. If you have the space for two sets and can find two sets, try it! At $24.98 each, two sets are still only half the price of one at full price!

Melanie
08-13-2007, 12:18 AM
How cool! This has my mind thinking that you could connect them in even more ways if you had a bit of an engineering mind.

calebsmama03
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't have my receipt but if it is the same as the number on the box/clearance tag it is 204 01 1039

gordo
08-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I was at the target in Streetsboro today and they had 1 bike marked at $12.xx and a bunch of the play wonder spoon egg games for $1.xx.

momofjandl
08-14-2007, 03:10 PM
1 left as of late last night in the leominster/lancaster store.

Also had some other stuff...sign said 30% but some items were more.

They had an entire aisle of vsmile that were regular price. Wondering if those will ever go on clearance?

Ruth

chlobo
08-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Is this Leominster, MA?

MaddiesMommy
08-15-2007, 12:30 PM
yup, it's in the subject. :)