PDA

View Full Version : Gogo kidz travelmate $79

msmouse523
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
DH and I are currently debating whether or not to buy one of these for an upcoming trip. Do you like it? Is it easy to use? We like the fact that we can wheel around the airport with the car seat and have DD strapped into it. The issue we're having is what to do when we arrive at our destination. We were thinking that we can just use this as a "stroller" while we sightsee so that we don't have to bring a stroller, but it doesn't recline, there's no canopy shade, and no basket for storing things. What did you do? Did you bring the travelmate and also a stroller?

msmouse523
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
DH and I are currently debating whether or not to buy one of these for an upcoming trip. Do you like it? Is it easy to use? We like the fact that we can wheel around the airport with the car seat and have DD strapped into it. The issue we're having is what to do when we arrive at our destination. We were thinking that we can just use this as a "stroller" while we sightsee so that we don't have to bring a stroller, but it doesn't recline, there's no canopy shade, and no basket for storing things. What did you do? Did you bring the travelmate and also a stroller?

tribegirl3
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
>DH and I are currently debating whether or not to buy one of
>these for an upcoming trip. Do you like it? Is it easy to
>use? We like the fact that we can wheel around the airport
>with the car seat and have DD strapped into it. The issue
>we're having is what to do when we arrive at our destination.
>We were thinking that we can just use this as a "stroller"
>while we sightsee so that we don't have to bring a stroller,
>but it doesn't recline, there's no canopy shade, and no basket
>for storing things. What did you do? Did you bring the
>travelmate and also a stroller?

Hi Mama!
I haven't received the travelmate just yet, I just ordered it yesterday-I'll probably get it early next week. I know there is a little sunshade you can buy to put on it now.
http://gogobabyz.com/products/sunshade.html
We usually don't bring strollers with us when we travel but I think this will make flying less daunting since we will have 2 car seats with us and I don't trust checking them in. I know there are some places that offer rentals of baby equipment, maybe you can rent a stroller once you reach your destination?

tribegirl3
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
>DH and I are currently debating whether or not to buy one of
>these for an upcoming trip. Do you like it? Is it easy to
>use? We like the fact that we can wheel around the airport
>with the car seat and have DD strapped into it. The issue
>we're having is what to do when we arrive at our destination.
>We were thinking that we can just use this as a "stroller"
>while we sightsee so that we don't have to bring a stroller,
>but it doesn't recline, there's no canopy shade, and no basket
>for storing things. What did you do? Did you bring the
>travelmate and also a stroller?

Hi Mama!
I haven't received the travelmate just yet, I just ordered it yesterday-I'll probably get it early next week. I know there is a little sunshade you can buy to put on it now.
http://gogobabyz.com/products/sunshade.html
We usually don't bring strollers with us when we travel but I think this will make flying less daunting since we will have 2 car seats with us and I don't trust checking them in. I know there are some places that offer rentals of baby equipment, maybe you can rent a stroller once you reach your destination?

glbb35
07-27-2007, 02:29 PM
This product is a must for all frequent travelers who have Britax seats. We have one for each of the kids car seats and never do we have to go through the pain and irritation of dragging seats over our shoulders, or adding them to the top of strollers. Heck you don't even need a stroller, this attachment makes your seat into a stroller and it can stay on in your vacation car the whole time. It is easy to use and an awesome product. We have ordered ours through the Gogo Babyz website so I don't know much about this site but the product is a must have! I should be getting commissions for all the times I have been stopped in the airport and I have sold people on this travel system. It makes your car seat light as air to push!!

Enjoy!
B, mom of two boys

glbb35
07-27-2007, 02:29 PM
This product is a must for all frequent travelers who have Britax seats. We have one for each of the kids car seats and never do we have to go through the pain and irritation of dragging seats over our shoulders, or adding them to the top of strollers. Heck you don't even need a stroller, this attachment makes your seat into a stroller and it can stay on in your vacation car the whole time. It is easy to use and an awesome product. We have ordered ours through the Gogo Babyz website so I don't know much about this site but the product is a must have! I should be getting commissions for all the times I have been stopped in the airport and I have sold people on this travel system. It makes your car seat light as air to push!!

Enjoy!
B, mom of two boys

unionindigo
07-27-2007, 03:08 PM
ditto! I honestly can't live without my gogo babyz.... it is one of the best purchases I have made to date. I highly recommend it for frequent fliers!

msmouse523
07-28-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm sold...we're going to place an order this weekend. Thanks, girls! :)

nfowife
07-28-2007, 10:29 PM
FYI, You CAN NOT leave the gogo on your carseat when it is installed in your car. It has not been crash tested with the carseat and it is not safe! It is fine on the airplane to leave it on, though.

tribegirl3
07-29-2007, 07:23 AM
In case anyone is looking for a deal on these
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/gogo_babyz_travelmate.htm
Price includes free shipping and bonus travel bag. I haven't ordered from them before, I purchased mine from http://www.mystrollers.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=UNIQR a great company that has price match, they even included the travel bag and super fast shipping.

tribegirl3
07-29-2007, 07:23 AM
In case anyone is looking for a deal on these
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/gogo_babyz_travelmate.htm
Price includes free shipping and bonus travel bag. I haven't ordered from them before, I purchased mine from http://www.mystrollers.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=UNIQR a great company that has price match, they even included the travel bag and super fast shipping.

mariza
07-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Ditto on NOT leaving the GoGo Kidz on in the car, not only is it not crash tested, but since it doesn't let you recline the seat with the attachment on it might not be as comfy, and with the handle and wheels I don't think you would get a good install. I usually always take mine off even on the airplane because of the recline issue. (practice at home a few times, once you get the hang of it it's super easy!)
I think I may have been one of the first on this board to purchase this thing, we have been using it since early 2005 and after many many trips, it is still going strong. With all the bitching DH does about my baby spending, even he will tell you this is the best money ever spent if you travel with kids :)
I always bring a stroller, I just pack it in a stroller bag and check it in with all my luggage so that I don't have to deal with it in the airport. Plus some airlines don't charge excess baggage for baby gear so it's a "freebie" way to sneak some extra stuff. I usually pack the stroller bag with diapers and blankets, jackets, etc. That way the stroller is protected and I don't need to worry about stopping to buy diapers right away.
HTH!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06